Pricing for Alteil discussion

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Pricing for Alteil discussion

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Nehless wrote:How much more money are we talking about? lol
Not every paycheck is a good paycheck

What are you talking about?

How much money they lost? That's information I don't have access to, nor I doubt would it ever be revealed to the public. All you need to know that it's substantial enough to justify concern.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I am sure he was referring to his own paycheck.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Also, another problem they have to face that you guys need to understand is that Alteil actually makes more money when the game is imbalanced. So yea, remember those elite fencer, ex: primrose days? Those kinda days were actually the most profitable for Alteil.

So how do we address this concern? To me, the reality is a shocking slap in the face because if you look at it purely financially-the Japanese "overlords" knew exactly what they were doing. Things started going to crap because of Gamepot's complete failure to support the game and it's management. The founder of this game-named "Takahashi" is really going on a limb by giving a lot of decision making power to Logress and his team. To be honest, nobody (including them) knows how they are going to tackle this issue. I suspect a massive overhaul in the system's F2P model to resemble something that borrows heavily from League of Legends (currently the most successful F2P game in the industry).
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Doubtful. There never was something equally OP in every sphere, which would be ideal.

In which case, why not bring out something OP for every sphere, nerf it and leave behind something else that is OP in every sphere. :roll:

Balance was simply a mistake (or several) most of the time.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Doubtful. There never was something equally OP in every sphere, which would be ideal.

In which case, why not bring out something OP for every sphere, nerf it and leave behind something else that is OP in every sphere. :roll:

Balance was simply a mistake (or several) most of the time.

No it wasn't, higher rarity cards were intentionally designed and created to give an edge to paying players. You could argue they were mistakes when the US lead team started handling these decisions, but that has nothing to do with the direction the Japanese were taking before that occurred. I'm not sure why spheres are a factor when I didn't even mention it, I just know some broad statistics and ideas I've collected from them over the years and as a general trend-the game makes more money when there are more rares that give paying players an edge over low spenders/free players.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, results could be skewed a little bit because, I started at set 5, and i was still busy collecting every card from every single set, it took me aobut 2 sets to manage that somewhat and keep up with releases. if anything, set 6 almost made me stop spending.

i didn't spend cuz gowen/falkow cards were op, i spent cuz i wanted every single solar kingdom cards i could get my hands on. Nevermind the fact that only one type of solar kingdom file i could come up with can annihilate the defs on reliable basis. 99% of solar kingdom just died to the metas back in the day, including ex lap.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:14 pm

People have favorites even if they gather cards from all spheres.

I believe alteil us, was still under full influence of the japanese team in set 2. In which case, if they actually knew what they were doing, then i don't see why their balance caused even spenders to get angry over refess' lack of power.

When EX primrose was dominating i think they still had some influence left. Again EX prim dominated, while the others lacked to get at the same level.

~~~~~~~~~~

Can't remember set 1 and what was OP about it. But i am sure the balance wasn't even between the sphere.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 pm

The first release which did not have a large influence from Japanese designers was the EX with the pedo-touching Martial Artist and EX Mystere.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I believe alteil us, was still under full influence of the japanese team in set 2. In which case, if they actually knew what they were doing, then i don't see why their balance caused even spenders to get angry over refess' lack of power.

wrong, if anything the new balmoa and ryu in recent set 11 will definitely make me not drop any cash on alteil, why, what's the point i don't see any ^_^ 150 dollars saved to spend on something else that don't piss me off.

oh yeah, i know, i could drop it on season 1 and 2 of to love ru blurays instead. that will happen. and i liek to love ru. dg is garbage, he don't even give alteil some love with money even when he knows alteil thrists for money.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 am

Romdeau wrote:The first release which did not have a large influence from Japanese designers was the EX with the pedo-touching Martial Artist and EX Mystere.

Yeah we all did a good job with that EX release. That was like the only time since set 5 people were excited to get falkow EX.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion