Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Postby Rasche » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:51 am

Let me make something perfectly clear. This topic is not about balance issues of the previous Ateil, but something that we might have to deal with in the near future.

Ever since learning about the closer of Ateil, and now that the game has entered control of its parent creators, I'm left to wonder on a few things. For easier reading these questions will be listed, along with easier quotability for the discussion.

1. The first main question I'm sure every one wants to know about is account data. Some of us have been around I guess, since the beginning of the base set and set 1. What exactly is going to happen to the account data of users. Will it be transferred, or will every one need to make new accounts with core edge ? If its the later I'm assuming all account data is essentially reset.

2. With the rebirth of Ateil will this be a simple transfer of data, as in starting from set 11, or will this be a case of starting back at the base set ?

3. Since now that the game is back with core edge, and I'm assuming the cards can now be changed at will. What does this mean for the actual game ? While the core mechanics are the same. How different will the cards be ? Will it just be balancing of the cards, or will the cards effects and other things be completely changed, essentially making them new cards ?

4. If there is a sort of rest on the game then does Logress plan on finally implementing the new starter system he's been working on ?

5. How different will this new Ateil be from the one we use to play ?
Rasche

Re: Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:23 am

6. How much more often will we get a reply compared to the past.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:36 am

I would think everyone needs new accounts like the transfer to Gamepot. Username will remain the same and cards will transfer.

I do not see any change in the cards from their previous state. They are putting most of their effort in Apocoplay and enabling Alteil to be cross platformed rather than going over the exisitng cards i would think. Hopefully, 6 months from now we can see some of the suggestion s implemented.

I would imagine we would continue on with set 11 not a restart from scratch.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 am

How come the game ain't up and running right now. There are other staff members that could take care of getting the game up.

See alteil jp dosnt sleep because money never sleeps.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:25 pm

There are no other staff members. Officially at least.
LoneKnight

Postby angelspawns » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm getting confused which questions are for current Alteil's return, and which are for the remake. How about we call things A1 and A1v2. (v2 meaning version2)

About A1v2 i asume it'll be relaunched from scratch with Set1. Reasoning:
- To lower the entry-lvl for newcomers. Learningcurve won't be as steep with only 1 Set and a few cards to master, then be thrown into a game with dozens of mechanics and thousands of cards already in play. One can grow up with the game as it progresses.
- It's a new game. Building back end from scratch means new possibilities. The way A1 plays may very well be adjusted and tweaked for the better. Cards may get abilities not possible in current design.
- Chance to undo the wrongs. A perfect opportunity to adress some fundamental issues and let spheres progress into a different/better path. Remember how cooked in Return has become? How Falkow can't have anything above averedge without breaking into the 2000RP and 150 winstreaks with it? Here's the chance to graduatly devide the power over more units, and tone down those few that hold back the sphere's progress as it is now.
- They need revenue. This comes from convincing people to spend. You can encourage more people to spend and keep up with each new Set release, then bring it all out on the table simultaniously. It's almost unthinkable to lauch A1v2 with a playerbase that already has everything, transported from A1.

As a player who has spend alot in A1 this worries me alot. I'd be sad if my efforts in A1 turn out to be more or less "fruitless" after an A1v2 launch. This feeling makes people reluctant to spend (out of anything other then showing my support for A1v2) and even doubt spending more time playing A1.
But this game needs my money to build A1v2. It needs the players in A1.
Undoubtly this will prove one of the biggest challenges for Logress: Keeping current playerbase motivated as potential costumers for his A1v2 release. How will he keep current playerbase playing (investing time/money) on a game we know is more or less going to end 6 months from now? Who's motivated enough to start from scratch up again, after seeing years of collecting and paying A1 going down the drain?

By making favorable transition agreements! Rewarding current playerbase for the time they have/will still stick into Alteil... without destroying his A1v2 business model.
To help Logress with this we all got to ask ourselves these simple question... what will make me play A1v2 if you had to start from scratch with Set1? For me i'll already play A1v2 if i get to make my own costum Avatar. Perhaps a special set of card(art?) like Miku's or seasonals... just for old A1 players. And to be fair for players like AA i feel the reward has to be progressive.

I'll give this all a little more thought after a break. ;p
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Don't take my answers as gospel, I am telling you what I comfortably know and think it would be OK with Logress+friends if I posted these answers to float around. Nothing is certain.
Rasche wrote:1. The first main question I'm sure every one wants to know about is account data. Some of us have been around I guess, since the beginning of the base set and set 1. What exactly is going to happen to the account data of users. Will it be transferred, or will every one need to make new accounts with core edge ? If its the later I'm assuming all account data is essentially reset.
It will be transferred
2. With the rebirth of Ateil will this be a simple transfer of data, as in starting from set 11, or will this be a case of starting back at the base set ?
I believe it will start where the original ended. So it will be re-launched with Set11+ and previous cards.
3. Since now that the game is back with core edge, and I'm assuming the cards can now be changed at will. What does this mean for the actual game ? While the core mechanics are the same. How different will the cards be ? Will it just be balancing of the cards, or will the cards effects and other things be completely changed, essentially making them new cards ?
This depends largely on what type of business model they choose to use. As of now it is much too early to say, but I think it's safe to say that things will be different.
4. If there is a sort of rest on the game then does Logress plan on finally implementing the new starter system he's been working on ?
That's old news, again they can do whatever they want now. We've been speculating about how to best approach new players/starters/etc., but the answer to this question is pretty far off as well.
5. How different will this new Ateil be from the one we use to play ?
This is really vague, in what sense do you mean? It's going to be the same game at it's core, it's just everything else could and probably will be different.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 pm

angelspawns wrote:.

*angelspawns has been slain by numerous stabbity knife wounds on his body by me.*
Callonia

Postby AquasFire2 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:59 pm

angelspawns wrote:I'm getting confused which questions are for current Alteil's return, and which are for the remake. How about we call things A1 and A1v2. (v2 meaning version2)

About A1v2 i asume it'll be relaunched from scratch with Set1. Reasoning:
- To lower the entry-lvl for newcomers. Learningcurve won't be as steep with only 1 Set and a few cards to master, then be thrown into a game with dozens of mechanics and thousands of cards already in play. One can grow up with the game as it progresses.
- It's a new game. Building back end from scratch means new possibilities. The way A1 plays may very well be adjusted and tweaked for the better. Cards may get abilities not possible in current design.
- Chance to undo the wrongs. A perfect opportunity to adress some fundamental issues and let spheres progress into a different/better path. Remember how cooked in Return has become? How Falkow can't have anything above averedge without breaking into the 2000RP and 150 winstreaks with it? Here's the chance to graduatly devide the power over more units, and tone down those few that hold back the sphere's progress as it is now.
- They need revenue. This comes from convincing people to spend. You can encourage more people to spend and keep up with each new Set release, then bring it all out on the table simultaniously. It's almost unthinkable to lauch A1v2 with a playerbase that already has everything, transported from A1.

As a player who has spend alot in A1 this worries me alot. I'd be sad if my efforts in A1 turn out to be more or less "fruitless" after an A1v2 launch. This feeling makes people reluctant to spend (out of anything other then showing my support for A1v2) and even doubt spending more time playing A1.
But this game needs my money to build A1v2. It needs the players in A1.
Undoubtly this will prove one of the biggest challenges for Logress: Keeping current playerbase motivated as potential costumers for his A1v2 release. How will he keep current playerbase playing (investing time/money) on a game we know is more or less going to end 6 months from now? Who's motivated enough to start from scratch up again, after seeing years of collecting and paying A1 going down the drain?

By making favorable transition agreements! Rewarding current playerbase for the time they have/will still stick into Alteil... without destroying his A1v2 business model.
To help Logress with this we all got to ask ourselves these simple question... what will make me play A1v2 if you had to start from scratch with Set1? For me i'll already play A1v2 if i get to make my own costum Avatar. Perhaps a special set of card(art?) like Miku's or seasonals... just for old A1 players. And to be fair for players like AA i feel the reward has to be progressive.

I'll give this all a little more thought after a break. ;p

if they did restart alteil.It wouldn't bother me.I honestly thought they should of done this during set 6 because i could see the rise of big problems starting.However it would upset alot of people so not sure if this would be smart.
AquasFire2

Postby angelspawns » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Starting a new Alteil from Set11 on and let every1 have their cards? From a players point of view i hope Rom is right. From a business point of view... Personally i think the middleroad might be the best for both.

Start with first 3 Sets and rebuild the spheres somewhat to adress fundamental faults.
1) Falkow getting more control through field, more power through units and less through Grims. (make field+Grim interaction, like Return needing 2 archmages/sorcerers... just an idea)
2) Refess more protection through unit openSkills. This helps setting a field and respond faster then having everything as start/autoskill. (maybe certain statuseffects like BKR +10Atk, but then less harmfull like lvl+1, HP+5 at start etc) -I don't want to turn this into a balance debate and you may disagree with my concept of rebalancing, but there's atleast an opportunity to learn from past Alteil and act accordingly.

Give enough to make people appreciate their time+money invested and make the transition;
1) Convert Ex/3/4/5*s into special pointcards. These can be spend to reduce the cost in half of shopitems/cards/etc?
2) Give/Carry over premium + expand our accounts with specialized A1 premium features? (extra playerdata etc?)
3) Give special art/avatar. Maybe send in from players themselves?

But let the current playerbase immediatly take part in their new businessmodel to get revenue.

I know many people will hate me for these ideas. I'm just venting them because i think it's in Alteils best interest, even if it means i got to give in some myself aswell. There's basically not a single deck in Alteil i can't build currently. ;/
angelspawns

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion