Rasche wrote:1. The first main question I'm sure every one wants to know about is account data. Some of us have been around I guess, since the beginning of the base set and set 1. What exactly is going to happen to the account data of users. Will it be transferred, or will every one need to make new accounts with core edge ? If its the later I'm assuming all account data is essentially reset.
It will be transferred
2. With the rebirth of Ateil will this be a simple transfer of data, as in starting from set 11, or will this be a case of starting back at the base set ?
I believe it will start where the original ended. So it will be re-launched with Set11+ and previous cards.
3. Since now that the game is back with core edge, and I'm assuming the cards can now be changed at will. What does this mean for the actual game ? While the core mechanics are the same. How different will the cards be ? Will it just be balancing of the cards, or will the cards effects and other things be completely changed, essentially making them new cards ?
This depends largely on what type of business model they choose to use. As of now it is much too early to say, but I think it's safe to say that things will be different.
4. If there is a sort of rest on the game then does Logress plan on finally implementing the new starter system he's been working on ?
That's old news, again they can do whatever they want now. We've been speculating about how to best approach new players/starters/etc., but the answer to this question is pretty far off as well.
5. How different will this new Ateil be from the one we use to play ?
This is really vague, in what sense do you mean? It's going to be the same game at it's core, it's just everything else could and probably will be different.
angelspawns wrote:I'm getting confused which questions are for current Alteil's return, and which are for the remake. How about we call things A1 and A1v2. (v2 meaning version2)
About A1v2 i asume it'll be relaunched from scratch with Set1. Reasoning:
- To lower the entry-lvl for newcomers. Learningcurve won't be as steep with only 1 Set and a few cards to master, then be thrown into a game with dozens of mechanics and thousands of cards already in play. One can grow up with the game as it progresses.
- It's a new game. Building back end from scratch means new possibilities. The way A1 plays may very well be adjusted and tweaked for the better. Cards may get abilities not possible in current design.
- Chance to undo the wrongs. A perfect opportunity to adress some fundamental issues and let spheres progress into a different/better path. Remember how cooked in Return has become? How Falkow can't have anything above averedge without breaking into the 2000RP and 150 winstreaks with it? Here's the chance to graduatly devide the power over more units, and tone down those few that hold back the sphere's progress as it is now.
- They need revenue. This comes from convincing people to spend. You can encourage more people to spend and keep up with each new Set release, then bring it all out on the table simultaniously. It's almost unthinkable to lauch A1v2 with a playerbase that already has everything, transported from A1.
As a player who has spend alot in A1 this worries me alot. I'd be sad if my efforts in A1 turn out to be more or less "fruitless" after an A1v2 launch. This feeling makes people reluctant to spend (out of anything other then showing my support for A1v2) and even doubt spending more time playing A1.
But this game needs my money to build A1v2. It needs the players in A1.
Undoubtly this will prove one of the biggest challenges for Logress: Keeping current playerbase motivated as potential costumers for his A1v2 release. How will he keep current playerbase playing (investing time/money) on a game we know is more or less going to end 6 months from now? Who's motivated enough to start from scratch up again, after seeing years of collecting and paying A1 going down the drain?
By making favorable transition agreements! Rewarding current playerbase for the time they have/will still stick into Alteil... without destroying his A1v2 business model.
To help Logress with this we all got to ask ourselves these simple question... what will make me play A1v2 if you had to start from scratch with Set1? For me i'll already play A1v2 if i get to make my own costum Avatar. Perhaps a special set of card(art?) like Miku's or seasonals... just for old A1 players. And to be fair for players like AA i feel the reward has to be progressive.
I'll give this all a little more thought after a break. ;p
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests