Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:53 am

I actually really hope Alteil would become fb compatible. It would attract a lot more attention.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:03 pm

There are a lot of people giving knee-jerk reactions to things without thinking about what they are saying - makes it hard to see them as anything beyond 8 yrs old.

It would definitely help it to reach its potential. If your goal is to reach as many people on earth as possible there is no stronger or more powerful tool on earth than facebook. Google may be the exception.

The format of facebook might make things a little difficult though, and 30% is a lot. At that point you would have to consider - is it better to have 100% of turnover from a few ppl to pay set costs and make money or, is it better to have 70% of turnover from a huge number of ppl to pay set costs and make money. I'm sure a little formula would give your answers easily.

Depending on cost that need to be covered, that may mean reaching minimum goals at 1000 players instead of 700 players (example numbers). Once you have your figures you compare exposure rates and start making sound business decisions based on knowledge instead of opinions.

Statements like, "fb is evil," or "if you use fb I'm out" are both unintelligent and immature. They say nothing and mean nothing. Funnily enough the person making those statements also spends nothing, and i guarantee that if alteil went to fb (which I don't think it will) that person would actually follow it there.

Facebook is an example of a site that has a huge user base which can be used as an advertising engine. Kongregate (or steam) is another that has been mentioned and would probably be better suited to alteil. It too uses its own virtual currency and I am sure it has some criteria to meet when tapping into their resources. Without massive funding for marketing sites of that ilk seem like the way to go from an outside, non-researched point of view.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Do you remember the "facebook suggestion thread"? There i think lupos or some other GM agreed it would be great to be able to publish our latest achievements on facebook or anything that would act as a commercial for those who see it.

Then the thread died in silence. I really wonder why.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Inaction has been one of alteil's greatest issues in the past - whether that be due to lack of staff, laziness or poor planning. I am hoping due to having to deal with jp stuff.

One thing I have learned changes most or all of those issues is playing with your own money instead of someone else's. This is happening now. Hopes are high.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion