Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Discussion about Ateil's rebirth

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 am

I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:What is there so much of a mistake to cover? Merely having more cards dosn't mean everything, you can only take 30 of yours to battle and only few are good for a "side deck". Starting from these simple facts and following up on them to make sure people do get their fair fight, will have great results.

It was always the right deck that prevailed. 1 simple deck of 30 cards if done right, became part of the meta or at least of the resistance.

Seriously, if Logress really intended to make this into a better game and now gets the chance to then there's nothing to stand against it. The game will then triumph without any restart. You are presenting your "marketing strategy", but that's yours and that's one way, not necessarily the best way.

Asking for this restart so soon, is as if you are saying you have no faith in Logress making the game recover. He could have a complete restart any time later if he feels the need to restart the game. In fact we could just few sets and go for A2 where it's a complete restart anyway.

The purchasing system is indeed a big mistake to cover - yes indeed.

Alteil needs more players. It is much harder getting large numbers of new players to a pre-existing game, than to a new one. Everything else in that paragraph has nothing to do with what I was discussing... at all.

I was going to ignore the next line then realised its importance. One deck made up of cards randomly acquired from multiple sets is not (spending) inspiring from a new person's point of view.

Thank you for sharing your opinion - that is all I was doing too. This is, after all, a discussion - not a planning, not a staff meeting - just a discussion. I am not opposed to the idea of expanding on what we have before restart. I am simply of the view that additional sets without a new start may help with fund raising, but might ultimately stifle a potential re-birth into something better.

Please also understand that I am not asking for this to happen - I have done zero market research and this is not an industry I have ever worked in. I'm just speaking my mind.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/techn ... rtune.html
“Zynga’s challenge has been to drive up efforts to keep their attention and broaden their user base — which they did — but now they need to get them to pay,” said Michael Gartenberg of Gartner. “Increasing the number of players doesn’t mean you’re making money off them.”
Icyman2

Postby caeser » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Icyman2 wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/technology/for-zynga-a-reversal-of-fortune.html
“Zynga’s challenge has been to drive up efforts to keep their attention and broaden their user base — which they did — but now they need to get them to pay,” said Michael Gartenberg of Gartner. “Increasing the number of players doesn’t mean you’re making money off them.”

Thanks for sharing the article Icy

Three points stuck out in this article. One you mentioned above. Although I agree with the quote, it doesn't tell the whole story. Selling is a numbers game. The only way you are going to grow that cash-spending, hard core group of players is to get more players and hope they become addicted like the rest of us 8-)

Next point is that the "Internet landscape is moving to mobile". I never tried it, but how hard is it to play Alteil on a mobile device?

Final point was “At the end of the day, though, virtual goods might not be a viable business strategy. People eventually stop spending money in virtual goods and want to spend that money on real goods.” Yikes, not sure how you address this...
caeser

Postby Callonia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:33 am

Alteil jp have real goods, they actually printed a number of their cards for sale.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am

About that last point. It doesn't really apply here. This game is much more interesting than farmville.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:41 am

I'm bored.

I need to stab bkr meanie decks with my ridrea again.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 am

Icyman2 wrote:About that last point. It doesn't really apply here. This game is much more interesting than farmville.

That's only because pigs over there can't fight.

Callonia wrote:Alteil jp have real goods, they actually printed a number of their cards for sale.

And it makes you wonder why alteil us dosn't do the same thing when it does increase their profit and make more happy customers. :?
Well that unless alteil us can't print in just as high quality as alteil jp, which i really doubt.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Cuz they're strapped for cash, equipment costs money, and they don't know if ppl will actually buy.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 pm

LOL! Nope.

They don't need any equipment.
At worst they could at least simply follow these steps:
1. someone makes an order of some prints
2. they go to someone who does that kind of stuff and has equipment
3. charge the guy who ordered the prints the price for it + extra price that they will gain as a profit

There. Bloody simple.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion