STARTER FILE CRITIQUE

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

STARTER FILE CRITIQUE

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 am

Comments go here.
State file contributor and file name.

Example:

Contributor: icyman
File name: Falkow
I think blah blah blah
Icyman2

Re: STARTER FILE CRITIQUE

Postby methebest » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:17 am

i wish i could access my cards as it'd make it easy for me to think of starters >.>
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:19 am

Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 am

The last starters rarity:

refess - lawtia
2x *** char
1x *** grim
6x ** units
14x * units
2x * grims

gowen
2x *** char
1x *** grim
4x ** units
16x * units
2x * grims

falkow
2x *** char
1x *** grim
5x ** units
15x * units
2x * grims

SS line up 4x * and 1x **

I don't think that they starters shouldn't be tribe files, the current gowen starter is the best starter only because you actually have a theme(rank-up units). And your falkow starters is basically a WK file. :roll:
All starters should be monosphere because mutlisphere files are harder to understand.
Last edited by NitroDino on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NitroDino

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:14 am

Dunno why you posted last starter's rarity. Telling me I have too many 2 stars? Yeah whatever, the game can afford that. I didn't bother counting each of them.

I don't think that they starters shouldn't be tribe files

I think tribes should be saved exclusively for prebuilds. First of all a lot of tribes are crippled without their 3 stars. Second if a starter picks a tribe, then there probably won't be a prebuild of that tribe. Third, it's a crappy way to start off someone's card collection. Oh you want to play lawtia? Well, the starter tribe for that is undeads. Really misrepresenting the whole sphere. I hate being forced to play something. What I tried to do is allow more flexibility (taking out and adding in new units that beginners have acquired).

the current gowen starter is the best starter only because you actually have a theme(rank-up units).

Current gowen starter is best is ****. I'm **** tired of ppl saying that. It doesn't have a theme. Rankups applies to half of gowen units. There is no synergy between the units or between the units and ss. Also, themes are not tribes. Get your facts straight.

And your falkow starters is basically a WK file. :roll:

Why don't you try making a falkow starter then? Look at how many viable units there are. Maybe if they make eagle soldier a free revive, it can go in the stead of elite fencer.
Besides, no wk is complete without ex wiz, volfied, and storm sorc.

All starters should be monosphere because mutlisphere files are harder to understand.

Wut? All files are monosphere. Great spirits do not count.
Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:47 am

The amount of ** can be changed, but don't expect that a starter will include 10 x **.

With tribe I mean 2 tribes in 1 starter file. Most tribes share a common theme. For example (Revenant, Pom, Skeleton Archer + 1-2 Lycans + Succubus).

Making a falkow starter is really hard. Low rarity you can only make a WK file, Mermaids or Sea Behemonths.
This is my idea for the falkow starter

Wut? All files are monosphere. Great spirits do not count.

That is true, but with 2 in gowen sphere it could confuse newbies.
NitroDino

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:01 am

I've never liked 9 lp.
Post your list to the submissions thread.
The problem is that your file would lose to all the other sphere's starters that I've posted. Not enough power or turnaround. It looks like you won't have enough sp to keep spamming units either. Not enough level 1s.
Falkow w/o cath is hard.

Ill go and try to mix all 3 tribes together.
Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 am

Icyman2 wrote:I've never liked 9 lp.
Post your list to the submissions thread.
The problem is that your file would lose to all the other sphere's starters that I've posted. Not enough power or turnaround. It looks like you won't have enough sp to keep spamming units either. Not enough level 1s.
Falkow w/o cath is hard.

I tried to achieve the rarity req.
Yep it is really hard to make anything decent without the 10% of falkow cards that are used. A good low rarity combo would be Rapier Fencer/Song Sorceress/Sylph/Dolphin Rider. It is really a shame that Falkow doesn't have a common unit like EX Wiz Archer.
NitroDino

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 am

Dolphin rider is a one shot thing. I think his agi goes to -5 the turn after. Or maybe not. Would be a cool combo if it didn't.
Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:23 am

Icyman2 wrote:Dolphin rider is a one shot thing. I think his agi goes to -5 the turn after. Or maybe not. Would be a cool combo if it didn't.

Subtract [AGI X 10] directly from the HP of one random enemy unit not in range. This unit gets AGI=0.

I think it doesn't. If you use his skill he gets AGI = 0 it doesn't matter how much AGI he has. Next turn if you buff him with Song Sorceress or Sylph he gets AGI = 5 + 1 of his auto, then if you use his his skill it sets again his AGI = 0.
NitroDino

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion