STARTER FILE CRITIQUE

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: STARTER FILE CRITIQUE

Postby skillll7 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Icyman2 wrote:I tried to make a mid lawtia file based on yours peralisic, but I couldn't really do anything much I'm afraid. I don't have enough experience playing mid lawtia to know the problem matchups and the counters to it.

Lawtia:
SS:
Magic Doll -Support-
Lycanthrope [Taurus]
Lycanthrope [Taurus]
Pirate King / Dub Rido
Skeleton Warrior
main:
2x Chaos Ogre / Dalos
3x Moonlight Assassin
3x Crest Devil Knight
3x Crest Veteran Swordswoman
3x Death Knight
2x Dragon of the Mercurial Night
1x Night Wing Wyvern
1x Shade
2x Succubus
1x Crest Orderly
1x Soul Pact
1x Word of Dalos

I put in dub rido and md support in the ss.
In the file
3x hell smoke -> 3x death knight
3x crest halberd -> 1x night wing wyvern, 2x dragon of the mercurial night
2x crest ranger -> 1x crest orderly, 1x soul pact (solve sp problems)
1x life conversion -> 1x dark confederation (to protect death knight)
1x pure terror-> 1x order to sortie (to prevent early sins--late sins can use word of dalos)

By the way, could you clean up the thread logress?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Death Knight
Take it away. Another Shade won't hurt either.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Hey you played death knight in a tourney. This is what I mean by death knight hating. He needs some luv.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Death Knight's a really good card guys. No joke. All those big lawtia cards are good that never get used - Kafhar, Death Knight, Scarrion. I've used them all really well in the past. You just have to put them in situations where they are set up for success.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:55 pm

I hate what icy done with the deck. He basically nerfed it and stomped it into the ground. Q_Q

I wouldn't play merc dragon, nor DK! They blow and i rather stick to the level 3 garbage such as shade soldier than play those 2.

Dark confederation? Just because DK has a huge weakness? Well another reason to not add DK and forget about him. Rather have soul exchange and remove one succubus/shade and then remove SP from the opponent!
It's a huge backdraw! In fact it makes more sense to stick to a low level card and have dark terror as a 3 star grim in there ... or even a sacrifice and then you can use it on a level 1 or on hell smoke!

I don't find dub rido bad, but really **** him, dalos & co might eat all SP and the way the deck is you might get to dub rido at a really unwanted moment when your SP is low.

Magic Doll Melee will most likely trigger when there is no night time unit at all on the field, at best it will trigger when there's a nightwing on the field and it will be pointless to do -1 LP skill right that early in 90% of the situations and if you get your succubus out that early then i really wonder wth you are actually doing, even if it's to remove the opponent's SP (which won't happen in that many cases) there could be a dragon breath in the other guy's deck and besides the succubus is much more worth having to make sure taurus SS triggers during night.

Why take away scylla SS away? It's perfect for bashing the opponent, in fact i'd even go 3x scylla SS, it's just that good in crest.

Life conversion i added because it has 2 nice uses. First it can remove an annoying sacrificial unit from the opponent so you **** over his assassin SS.
Second it heals your poor unit!

Personally i still don't like crest oderly, i rather have another soul pact in there.
I like crest ranger because it's perfect for adding DF on your crest guys. I guess you could replace 1 range with a soul pact if you really want, for an early moonlight assassin in case the other guy plays an early guardian for example.

(It would be perfect if only moonlight warrior was crest unit also. -_-)

Those lv 7 guys were really bad changes! :/
Even if they were good cards, they slow down the deck too much, they simply aren't worth having in there. Kafhar is also crap.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Did I say melee? I meant md support. WHOOPS. Lol.
Dark confederation drains too. He gives 1 less sp advantage than soul exchange but in return, can't backfire (sweeping tidal your succubus), and is easier to time. In addition, it gets rid of a level 1 card, which might **** up opponent's flow.
Yeah your point about dub rido is valid.
Right, but life conversion is a level 3 and order to sortie is a level 2. Both dodge sins.
Crest orderly is a t1 gambit that might pay off. As a newbie, you want to take more risks.

Anyways, I take all comments seriously and when I have the time, I'll fix it again to give it some early kurina killers and whatever else you guys said was wrong. Remember that I have very little experience playing mid lawtia (I remember getting owned by volfied).
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Peralisc I don't think you understand how big files work. Have you ever played a big lawtia deck or big anything deck? I used to play a lot of bigs files and I've been really successful with those cards you're calling crap.

I mean it's not the fault of the cards if you use them improperly.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm

I remember when I was a noob, I started t1 with a defective doll gambit with orthos ss. T1 defective t2 soul pact. If successful, I can shade t3 and then mercurial dragon t4. My second ss was asuet so if iczered, I can bring out dragon t3. My 3rd ss was a removal And then I tried to sp lock with nightmare given form, lock up field with my only copy of belus, and heartbreak the big guy. I remember beating worthing's dion control (pretty sure he was going to win but gave up for some reason) and blacksun's mid gowen with it--he was reduced to playing ex merc girl every turn having nothing on field. The power of weird files!
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Did I say melee?

Missread. T_T
Ya that would be ok for the intent of playing 2 lv 7+

Eh, mid lawtia is usually better off at lv 4-5 if that really was your intent and it requires more rares and even then a bit too slow, hell smoke or other lv 2-3 units early on would be great these days. I gave up on mid lawtia first of all because of the rush files and second because of better gowen mid files and better falkow mid files (mirelia that ****!)

Those 2 cards (DK and night dragon) are mainly set 2 meta material. Those 2 low rarity cards degrade exponentially every set thanks to power creep.

~~~~~~

All i ever played is a gowen rush and spammed returns, so i got no clue about anything else.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby skillll7 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm biased on Death Knight ever since Lv 1 undead hate grim appeared.
By the way, Order to Sortie only works on Lv 3 or lower friendlies so Life Conversion or Split Second is tons better for dodging sins.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Damn... I guess it's split second decision then.
That's why I said use dark confederation :O
Yeah that level 1 undead hate grim is unreal. Refess already has enough ways of dealing with undeads.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion