Skepticism

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Skepticism

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 am

I'm getting skeptical this game is ever going to come back. I understand that Logress and GGG just had a baby, but if you prioritize family over your career bad things will happen. I'm starting to think this game will never resurrect.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Skepticism

Postby NitroDino » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 am

I am skeptic too about the future of this game :(
NitroDino

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:53 am

Try to forget alteil us for now. No need for worries, just be happy there is alteil jp and play that instead.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby okeyna4 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am

not all people understand Japanese Peralisc9001 so stop saying that....

i think the new set is what is taking this game a long time to relunch
okeyna4

Postby Icyglare » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:51 am

After playing some card games on Kongregate, you'll start to appreciate Alteil a lot more.

(I wish I knew the scripting for the NPC's here so I could make some more)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Deag » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

Well, if Logress were to give up on alteil and decided to just do some office job or w/e i would think its a rather good decision.
Deag

Postby skillll7 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 am

Icyglare wrote:After playing some card games on Kongregate, you'll start to appreciate Alteil a lot more.

(I wish I knew the scripting for the NPC's here so I could make some more)

I've been going through the same thing. :oops:
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby neviscus » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 am

Wow really? First of all Logress has said he has been meeting with Japan during this time, so it's not like he just stopped work entirely. Second of all, the baby was born July 31, it is still August, the child is just over three weeks old. Paternity and Maternity leaves are a pretty good reason in my book to prioritize family over work. Feel free to disagree, but keep in mind my first point as well. I am sure Alteil will be back up. It will take some time, and I am sure our patience would be appreciated.
neviscus

Postby Logress » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Right now the contract and the business plans are basically done, now it's up to the lawyers to read over the contract and to get final approval on the business plan. Starting a business is magically slow... it seems like every step has a week-long wait thrown in there for no good reason. Even getting a bank account for the company turned out to be a major hassle. So I have also been looking up card games for something to play while a cradle a baby in the other hand (also for ideas for developing new stuff)... Elements and Spectromancer seem to be the most strategy oriented, but man, I just can't get into them. Everything else seems to be not really a game or really simple. Shadow Era is probably the best, but I'm not super-crazy about the focus on weapons, equipment and spells over units (never liked the WOW TCG, either). Am I missing one? And don't say Rage of Bahamet or I'll ban you for being a bot...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Khiruki » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:37 pm

The only other online TCG that actually got me to spend money was Warmetal Tyrant. It's not bad, but suffers from extreme power creep and an energy system.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion