Gullibleness!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Gullibleness!

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:33 am

How full metal alchemist's art should've looked like.

Hah! Told you so, Logress made it clear the game will back up soon! Thus we need more i want to believe pics! :D
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 am

To be fair, during the negotiating of a contract like this I kind of had to be ready to walk away if things got rough. Sort of how negotiating works.

Also, I was trying to convince the Japanese team to go with my business plan... and to be fair its a very odd plan, certainly. And it's not exactly like I'm a proven businessman -- I'm a writer of cartoons, manager of games, and maybe junior level game designer. So they have every right to second guess me.

In case you're wondering, they are going to go with my plan, but they have certain provisions in place if Alteil doesn't perform in one way or another.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby gadu » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:04 pm

skillll7 wrote:How did you know? :shock:

I know your secret identity. ;)
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm

gadu wrote:
skillll7 wrote:How did you know? :shock:

I know your secret identity. ;)

U mean his identity as warrior? I stab him all the time with knives.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Logress wrote:To be fair, during the negotiating of a contract like this I kind of had to be ready to walk away if things got rough. Sort of how negotiating works.

Also, I was trying to convince the Japanese team to go with my business plan... and to be fair its a very odd plan, certainly. And it's not exactly like I'm a proven businessman -- I'm a writer of cartoons, manager of games, and maybe junior level game designer. So they have every right to second guess me.

In case you're wondering, they are going to go with my plan, but they have certain provisions in place if Alteil doesn't perform in one way or another.

But whatever convinced them, should be a good start, otherwise i don't see how they would be ready to agree, no matter how stubborn one is about his opinion.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 am

When you've worked with one game in many versions (there was also once a Taiwan version... and others, I believe). You learn the "rules" by trial and error. If you do X you make Y money, if you do Z you make 1/2 Y money. Events M N and O get you X new users, who last on average Y months. Love or hate the Japanese plan, they have figured out what works and doesn't within the virtual ecosystem of Alteil. Having spent a lot of time looking over these numbers, I basically came to the conclusion is the only way to run Alteil differently, is to change the ecosystem. So that's what I want to do...
Logress

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 am

Logress wrote:(there was also once a Taiwan version... and others, I believe).

Now i feel so happy :roll: that you didnt read my post about ALTEIL.TAIWAN being revived. its been there for 2 days now and you completely ignored it. and according to the alteil.jp site, there has only been two official overseas version of alteil release, usa and taiwan.

skillll7 wrote:EDIT: Wait, image time? [img]

I just read this today. See this is the problem with education, this entire comic is full of inaccuracy that people wont know what is fact.

FIRST:the typical honey bee, there are 3 types: the QUEEN, the drone, and the workers. All the bees that defend the hive are in fact FEMALE, not male. Male bee can only be drones, who sole purpose is to mate with the queen to reproduce, and fun fact they DONT have stingers. SHOCKING

SECOND: When a BEE does sting you, though they do die, their stinger leaves a few things for you, one the stinger that continues to dig deeper into your flesh, two a toxin that can be lethal in high does, and three a pheromone that attracts many other bees, informing them that YOU ARE THE ENEMY AND THEY SHOULD ALSO ATTACK YOU.

If people paid more attention to the correct details, there wouldnt be so much confusion in life.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 am

I forgot who told me this or where i've read it but, TW version shut down after set 5 when they stopped releasing.

Also some TW player told me they were pissed when there was some sort of weekly gran event decrease and they started getting far less gran each week. Made most rage quit.

~~~~~

Also somewhere on this forum, in some old thread, back in the first few sets i think some kept mentioning alteil korea and the fact it shut down for good.

~~~~~

Then there was the german and french alteil, which were supposed to launch 2010 summer and never have seen the light of the day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But judging by that, i could say there might have been an alteil iraq or alteil afganistan, they just didn't make it.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:21 pm

I know about Alteil Taiwan coming back... knew about it for several months, actually. My point wasn't that it was gone (or back), it was that the Japanese guys (and myself to some extent) have done enough trial and error at this point to have a really good feel for how the game works when we poke it in various directions. Meaning, because they had so many versions, there is a lot of data.

the data tells me for the game to go in the direction I want, or that community wants (you can assume that's the same thing, or mostly the same thing, if you are so inclined), the parameters have to be changed, rules broken, that kind of thing.
Logress

Postby gadu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Very few people, can comprehend what they read.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion