Alteil relaunch this week?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby AngelicDeath » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm

This post is primarily for Logress but I am hoping he will post within for all to see andthus limit the skepticism type threads. i can send private messages but that only serves to alleviate my concern's not the community which is nearly rabid at this stage IMO.

I read with interest the posts regarding the "business plan" stuff. The Japanese have a ton of data on how the Japanese purchase. They also have have 3 years of data on the US Alteil. I can guarantee the spending habits of the Japanese is quite different than ours. The Japanese do not have an ebay. There is a reason for that and I don't think it is because it is illegal to sell second hand goods in Japan. I assume the data you are referring to is the us data. If i recall, you said that sales were actually better when there was heavy imbalance. I can only hazard a guess but i would assume that the rational in that is due to an"arms race" scenario. The spenders are the ones supporting the ship. Once they realize that they can buy a card that exceeds the norm and they are already buying cards anyways they will shell out for the better card. I think this is fraught with danger. It is like winning all your battles but losing the war. You make money in the small run but by having too much imba dissenfranchise your playerbase as a whole.

Gotta eat dinner.
AD
Last edited by AngelicDeath on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
User avatar
AngelicDeath
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm

There is only one skepticism thread, so why use plural?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Icyglare » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:If i recall, younsaid that sales were actually better when there was heavy imbalance. I can only hazard a guess but i would assume that the rational in that is due to an"arms race" scenario. The spenders are the ones supporting the ship. Once they realise that they can buy a card that exceeds the norm and they are already buying cards anyways they will shell out for the better card. I think this is fraughtwith danger. It is like winning all your battles but losing the war. You make money in the small run but by having too much imba diffenfranchise your playerbase as a whole.


As much as I hate imbalance, JP knows what they are doing. If the rarer cards are better than the commons then it will drive sales and keep the game alive, only if there was a great imbalance then it will kill the game but a slight one is better. There are even a couple of us who swear by AlteilJP
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
User avatar
Icyglare
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Callonia » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:30 am

As long as only thing in refess that's playable is the dragons again as usual then i will have no choice but to go on stabbing spree again, even then, they're unusable due to op mage soldiers which can oneshot them before they can act.

I wonder if mage soldiers will get nurfed hard or not. A couple of mage soldiers shouldn't be able to beat down a whole sphere.

If they're still unnurfed, well I've had it.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby asxlen64 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:14 am

Icyglare wrote:
AngelicDeath wrote:If i recall, younsaid that sales were actually better when there was heavy imbalance. I can only hazard a guess but i would assume that the rational in that is due to an"arms race" scenario. The spenders are the ones supporting the ship. Once they realise that they can buy a card that exceeds the norm and they are already buying cards anyways they will shell out for the better card. I think this is fraughtwith danger. It is like winning all your battles but losing the war. You make money in the small run but by having too much imba diffenfranchise your playerbase as a whole.


As much as I hate imbalance, JP knows what they are doing. If the rarer cards are better than the commons then it will drive sales and keep the game alive, only if there was a great imbalance then it will kill the game but a slight one is better. There are even a couple of us who swear by AlteilJP


seriously have you even played alteil.jp, just cause the higher rarity, er well i willl be blunt, they have even 1* that can outbeat, outdestroy, outeverything rarer than them, only difference between 5* and 1* is the recycling price.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Image
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
Status:DEAD
User avatar
asxlen64
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 am

Lets try to keep this within the framework of the original post. Pera- contribute or don't post. Furthermore, this isn't a thread for nerf this or that.

I would like to hear what ideas from the "what if" thread are planning on being implemented into the "new business model".
I understand that you (Logress) need to adopt a hardline in negotiating. On some level Alteil is kinda like a franchise but only with a handful of stores so to speak. Certainly it would reemerge on the US because it has the potential to make money. That in a nutshell is business.
I findit hard to believe that some of the card games on ipad can be so successful while Alteil would be destined to lose money despite, in my opinion,being a superior game. Is the complexity of Alteil that much more than similar CCg's? It isn't as complex as L5R or MTG but is more so than the ones i see as ipad apps.

Icy,
Your point is valid to a degree. I think 1 reason alteil jp is so successful is that they have many very powerful cards of all levels and spheres. I am sure they have a meta as well. They release cards at such a rapid pace that even if a card is over powerful and dominates it will be shadowed by the "new" card releases. Even if those new cards aren't as powerful the "newness" of them makes them played. Look how popular phidience was upon release there. Helps when the majority of your playerbase is buyers.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
User avatar
AngelicDeath
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 am

If you read Logress post and have some background about alteil us history, then you should understand that won't get A FULL ANSWER.

Right now Logress has the excuse that he can't make any official announcement due to the jp team.
And also, when have we gotten FULL and FULLY informative posts in the past?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:11 am

asxlen64 wrote:seriously have you even played alteil.jp, just cause the higher rarity, er well i willl be blunt, they have even 1* that can outbeat, outdestroy, outeverything rarer than them, only difference between 5* and 1* is the recycling price.

Ya. Am not sure what he's talking about either.

It's still a ton easier to get a competitive deck over there. So i don't understand how come that it's always always alteil jp that is frowned upon.
For whatever reasons, alteil us failed, simply because it decided to make the wrong decisions, with or without the jp team's involvement.


Basically for most time, alteil us took over the bad system from alteil jp and took it over to the next level of unfairness.
Right from the start alteil us has offered less free stuff.
How many here are aware that at some point alteil jp gave free level up cards at every level and then changed.
Did you know when alteil started the lottery was 30 gran per pull, while jp alteil was 10 gran?
We waited for many months and went through lots of complaint topics just so the FM lottery and the point card system would be finally implemented.

We never have gotten a lot of the benefits that are present or were present in alteil jp.
The sole reason alteil us survived and people didn't go over to alteil jp, is the simple fact that alteil jp dosn't offer any real accessibility to those that don't know japanese.
I guarantee most people would have moved over there right from the start, or wouldn't have bothered playing the game at all.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby asxlen64 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:05 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Lets try to keep this within the framework of the original post.


I wont lie, i did NOT read your post only the title, and only glanced icyglare post. So after reading it, i dont know what you meant with your title. honest to god, the entire alteil usa deal is still being worked on, and will take time. Logress may have said it might be reopened in a week in the gullible thread, but i wouldnt be 100% sure if it will be done in that time period. And fyi japan does have ebay(if you dont believe me google it), in fact they have several second hand type online shops to buy them, and they have alot of stores that are JAMMED FULL of used and preowned games that they sale(dont know about other items only saw GCCX when they went shopping for games).
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Image
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
Status:DEAD
User avatar
asxlen64
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Asxlen,

I stand corrected. They do have an ebay site. I always looked for it on themain ebay page where the us flag is. You can do a by country search there but japan doesn't show up. Google ebay japan and there you have it. Nevertheless, Japanese culture is widely different than us culture when it comes to spending habits. They may well have second hand shops but they like their name brands and to buy new- i doubt that is just my wife.

I stopped reading into the skepticism page after about 14 pages or soon as it had deteriorated into a flame thread. Missed logress's update info in there. i certainly hope that when the official announcement is made it will detail all the changes and hopefully why they will be successful where we failed last time. I would like that the game be successful. It needs to make money to do so. It can survive without mine if it replaces me and alot of other past supporters with new ones. It would be nice to know if it will be worth my while to spend or not....

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
User avatar
AngelicDeath
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests