Alteil relaunch this week?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Icyglare » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 pm

I'll take care of each post you guys had.

asxlen64 wrote:seriously have you even played alteil.jp, just cause the higher rarity, er well i willl be blunt, they have even 1* that can outbeat, outdestroy, outeverything rarer than them, only difference between 5* and 1* is the recycling price.

No, I haven't played Alteil.JP but I have seen you and Peralisc complain about cards and they are not about 1*'s that outbeat, out destroy, outeverything but I do see your complaints about the rare cards.

AngelicDeath wrote: Even if those new cards aren't as powerful the "newness" of them makes them played. Look how popular phidience was upon release there. Helps when the majority of your playerbase is buyers

I don't know the atmosphere over in JP but I know that over here, when the higher rarity cards weren't seen as powerful, complaints through the roof. All the Lei Sei'yers (pun there lol) came out making topics about 'Alteil will go down the drain if higher rarity aren't more powerful'

Peralisc9001 wrote:Basically for most time, alteil us took over the bad system from alteil jp and took it over to the next level of unfairness.
Right from the start alteil us has offered less free stuff.
How many here are aware that at some point alteil jp gave free level up cards at every level and then changed.
Did you know when alteil started the lottery was 30 gran per pull, while jp alteil was 10 gran?
We waited for many months and went through lots of complaint topics just so the FM lottery and the point card system would be finally implemented.

Now that's comparing Apples to Aged Apple Cider. Alteil.jp has years and sets ahead of us, and you'll notice that it's AlteilUS has been transitioning more to what JP is like as time goes on. Now if you can compare Alteil US Set 11to what Alteil JP Set 11 was doing, then you'll have a better case.

asxlen64 wrote:And fyi japan does have ebay(if you dont believe me google it), in fact they have several second hand type online shops to buy them, and they have alot of stores that are JAMMED FULL of used and preowned games that they sale(dont know about other items only saw GCCX when they went shopping for games).

Ah, you beat me to it since I was GCCX also. I have absolutely no idea where you AD got the idea that Japan doesn't like second hand stuff.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby fargone » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Japan doesn't have a big used car market, lol
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Every country has second hand markets and not just because of poor people.

Icyglare wrote:No, I haven't played Alteil.JP but I have seen you and Peralisc complain about cards and they are not about 1*'s that outbeat, out destroy, outeverything but I do see your complaints about the rare cards.

Peralisc9001 wrote:Basically for most time, alteil us took over the bad system from alteil jp and took it over to the next level of unfairness.
Right from the start alteil us has offered less free stuff.
How many here are aware that at some point alteil jp gave free level up cards at every level and then changed.
Did you know when alteil started the lottery was 30 gran per pull, while jp alteil was 10 gran?
We waited for many months and went through lots of complaint topics just so the FM lottery and the point card system would be finally implemented.

Now that's comparing Apples to Aged Apple Cider. Alteil.jp has years and sets ahead of us, and you'll notice that it's AlteilUS has been transitioning more to what JP is like as time goes on. Now if you can compare Alteil US Set 11to what Alteil JP Set 11 was doing, then you'll have a better case.

Alteil jp likes flashy stuff, they release once the cards are made to be overpowered. Alteil us had it's OP crap right from the start too, it's just that later power creep kicked in.

Even set by set comparison they still offered more.
They were like set 10 (and their game was 4 years old or so) when they launched a2, by that time they already had napoleon and LH for a long time, which alone are a huge PLUS for the game.

Their level up rarities are still higher even today, alteil us good side is that they give more xp, which is good for a beginner since beating a high level is a big deal for someone new.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 pm

How do you go higher than 5 stars?
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 pm

level 10 to 50 is basically 3 stars every level up in all 3 games. Is that higher rarity enough for you?

Not sure if there aren't some 4 stars in there at every 10th level too.

~~~~~

If you just were trying to be funny, you can sometimes get EX cards in 10 gran lotto, which can be considered higher rarity than 5 stars. Or you buy them at 90 gran / piece.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby skillll7 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Wasn't there an announcement that we'd also have EX cards in our lotto? I have never seen one... ever.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:04 pm

They did EX in lotto in JP, and so we assumed it would come here, but it did not.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. It took less than 24 hours for this thread to go off the rails. Now we are talking about second hand markets and ex lottos and god knows what else.

Icy,

At least for the most part you are on course. I will say this in rebuttal to your last comment. The Japanese may have a large second hand market- i suspect in video games. Overall, i seriously doubt is is as large in sales per capita as the one in the US. Japanese do not "like" second hand products as a culture generally speaking. This is a broad comment obviously andopento interpreatation- whatbit has to do with alteil is beyond me. That said, i might well get that idea because oh gee my wife is Japanese fromTokyo. All her friends are japanese. My kids go to Japanese school with other Japanese children and thus I spend a lot of time around Japanese citizens that reside in the US. I practice kendo for 4 hours a week with ahh wait for it more Japanese people. I have visited Japan 7 times and my wife goes back every year to visit family. Now where would I dream up the idea that they don't like second hand shopping?....... Couldn't actually be from having conversations with these individuals could it?... WTF.

I am the first to admit when i am In error on something when it is pointed out to me but you guys in your twenties need to grow up. You think you know everything on all subjects. Let me just fill you in - it doesn't work that way.

I am wondering how much info will be released with the announcement when and if it comes. If it is just your basic ok we are reopening our doors same old same old then i'll stand on the sidelines some more.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Icyglare » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Icy,

Unfortunately, your small sampling is not enough to put such a label on a whole country. I lived in Manitou Springs for a while, it's such a hippie town but to say that Americans are a bunch of hippies who don't like to shampoo their hair would be incorrect.

Matter fact, you are crediting yourself as knowledgeable about Japan and their culture but was incorrect about the Japanese Ebay.

The only correct statement you have is, I know some Japanese people who don't purchase second-hand products.

The best thing to do is present evidence of whatever claim you are saying.
Exhibit A: http://en.akihabaranews.com/6699/legacy-unused/pc/2nd-hand-electronics-sales-will-soon-be-illegal-in-japan

At first you think this counters my argument but it doesn't. Second-hand electronics are still legal in Japan. The reason why they were trying to make it illegal is because the second-hand markets in Japan are doing GREAT.

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Icy,

How do you purport to know what i am thinking? Save your wise **** commentary and pics. Post Alteil related info or stay out of the thread. Trust me when i say that you are taking this down a road you don't want to go. I can guarantee a forum ban for one of us if you want to go that route.

Ebay japan shut down 6 years back but they must have re opened at some point thereafter. Not sure when. Just so we are clear on the facts.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion