Alteil relaunch this week?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:16 pm

why do you guys call peralisc, "phe"arl?
User avatar
Romdeau
 
Posts: 7405
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Icyglare » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:16 pm

(This is going to the TL;DR category but I digress...)

AngelicDeath wrote:I was set to let this thread pass into oblivion- it is so far off the rails thanks to the likes of Icy, cal ( no surprise here -buffrefess) and now Gon.
...
Meanwhile, icy picks 1 small piece of my main paragraph, which honestly should have been left out, then perhaps we would be on track but knowing Alteil forum abusers i doubt it- redirects the thread into some second hand shop thing.
...


Now I can't let that statement slide, you might not think so but YOU AngelicDeath are the reason why it went off the rails. It was not a small piece of your main paragraph, it was your main supporting argument on why Japanese spending habits are different.
AngelicDeath POST 01 wrote:...I can guarantee the spending habits of the Japanese is quite different than ours. The Japanese do not have an ebay. There is a reason for that and I don't think it is because it is illegal to sell second hand goods in Japan...
AngelicDeath POST 03 wrote:I stand corrected. They do have an ebay site. I always looked for it on themain ebay page where the us flag is. You can do a by country search there but japan doesn't show up. Google ebay japan and there you have it. Nevertheless, Japanese culture is widely different than us culture when it comes to spending habits. They may well have second hand shops but they like their name brands and to buy new- i doubt that is just my wife.


That's a lot of words, not just a simple snipet because it was the basis of your argument. My only reply on all of that was only this.
Icyglare POST 02 wrote:...Ah, you beat me to it since I was GCCX also. I have absolutely no idea where you AD got the idea that Japan doesn't like second hand stuff...


Somehow, that "small" piece of my paragraph was enough to bother so much into writing this
AngelicDeath POST04 wrote:Icy,

At least for the most part you are on course. I will say this in rebuttal to your last comment. The Japanese may have a large second hand market- i suspect in video games. Overall, i seriously doubt is is as large in sales per capita as the one in the US. Japanese do not "like" second hand products as a culture generally speaking. This is a broad comment obviously andopento interpreatation- whatbit has to do with alteil is beyond me. That said, i might well get that idea because oh gee my wife is Japanese fromTokyo. All her friends are japanese. My kids go to Japanese school with other Japanese children and thus I spend a lot of time around Japanese citizens that reside in the US. I practice kendo for 4 hours a week with ahh wait for it more Japanese people. I have visited Japan 7 times and my wife goes back every year to visit family. Now where would I dream up the idea that they don't like second hand shopping?....... Couldn't actually be from having conversations with these individuals could it?... WTF.


Then, you decide to add a passive aggressive insult in there
AngelicDeath POST 04 wrote:I am the first to admit when i am In error on something when it is pointed out to me but you guys in your twenties need to grow up. You think you know everything on all subjects. Let me just fill you in - it doesn't work that way.


You could have just ignored that 1 line. Or after reading my facts to you, you could have just replied, "Nevermind, I guess there is a second-hand market in Japan but..."

I know that it was a supporting idea on your base statement but don't let it ruin your whole point. I want to see Alteil relaunch also, let's just move on from it.

TL;DR - Don't let an internet forum about card games get to you man.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
User avatar
Icyglare
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Romdeau wrote:why do you guys call peralisc, "phe"arl?

I think it originated from ShinMaster's dyslexia. He was the first to keep saying pheral / pearl or whatever part he did managed to read from my name. :P

But then again, why don't they call you romstew? Shin used that nickname when talking to you, no?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Romdeau wrote:why do you guys call peralisc, "phe"arl?

It's part of Shin Master's legacy.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby fargone » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:16 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:All I know is, the members of my guild are not the ones throwing out personal attacks left and right. That kind of behavior is below us and I would be highly disappointed if members of my guild acted the way some of the general public acts here.


I threw up a little into my mouth when I read this.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:17 am

I generally don't attack people personally half as much as I get attacked. No joke. You can throw up all you want it doesn't change anything. I mean of all people who have ever posted on this forum Fargone, you've one of the most negative posters and have gone on the most personal attacks while contributing the least to general knowledge or strategy, etc.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Callonia » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 am

Callonia is eating some popcorns.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4788
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:22 am

Sometimes it sounds like i got elephants running upstairs. Wonder how much i'd get for the ivory alone.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:59 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Sometimes it sounds like i got elephants running upstairs. Wonder how much i'd get for the ivory alone.


A ton of animal activist looking to take your head for a trophy.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Image
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
Status:DEAD
User avatar
asxlen64
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: Alteil relaunch this week?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:50 am

That only means more ivory. :P
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests