We are working hard to get Alteil online. There are a lot of little parts involved, but some of the ones relevant for this topic are:
* Modifying the existing Alteil code to get it back online after the transfer
* Rewriting bits of code that were not provided to us
* Fixing known existing bugs
* Creating new functionality to make the game better
* Improving existing code for efficiency/etc
In the future, we plan on releasing an update to our public test environment once every three weeks. Items that passed testing will be brought to the live server.
For now, however, we plan on releasing a lot of small releases for instant feedback. Some of these may not be fully finished, some of these may be buggy - but the sooner we get them in front of your eyes the sooner we can get feedback and tests.What's going on now?
The big bit that was not included with the server transfer was login and registration. We are making a new registration and login page, and we are trying to make it better than the old one. Where is this test page?
: https://alteil.azurewebsites.net/What can be tested?
- Creating a new user
- Creating a new account with twitter, google, or facebook
- Linking your google, twitter, and facebook accounts to the gameWhat is not ready yet?
Importing your old Alteil account. That part should be ready tomorrow night.How do I report a bug?
While we expect the test network to be online this weekend (which will have robust bug tracking and reporting functionality), you can start reporting bugs/feature requests for the login in this thread now.