Good news, everyone

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Good news, everyone

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 am

Logress is tearing through red tape with a man with a chainsaw, and because of him I am allowed to say what you all knew - Alteil is coming back online.

There still is some red tape that has three weeks to live before I can give you a full backstory, but I can still tell you the important things.

The game is going back online. There will first be a limited release to make sure everything's stable and catch any bugs we missed (lasting one or two weeks), then we will start a big release.

After that the much of the money you spend on the game will go towards new development. Yes, we plan on an iPad, iPhone, Android phone, and Android tablet release. Yes, it will include drag and drop functionality, quicker load times, etc. As with everything, you''ll get to see this in three week increments as it's developed so we can have constant feedback from the community.

When will the limited release happen? This week, I hope. We were given a list of three bugs that must be fixed before we can open up a limited release to you, our loyal forum users. This list is a big thing, as it's a concrete goal we can hammer away at quickly.

The bugs are as follows:
- Saving replays after a battle does not work (track here)
- The mission section does not load (track here)
- When you purchase a card through the lotto at the shop one of the preview images do not appear (only happens in that area and that instance). (track here)

If it were up to me I'd let you all play now, but we are still so very close.
MysteryMan

Re: Good news, everyone

Postby Zuhrimann » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am

MysteryMan wrote:
After that the much of the money you spend on the game will go towards new development. Yes, we plan on an iPad, iPhone, Android phone, and Android tablet release. Yes, it will include drag and drop functionality, quicker load times, etc. As with everything, you''ll get to see this in three week increments as it's developed so we can have constant feedback from the community.

Awesome.
Zuhrimann

Postby kore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 am

OMG that means Official re-release will be in this month if everything goes ok? :DDD

Also you've said u r going on diffrent platforms, and since there was facebook login/connection in login test server will u go on fb too? :)
kore

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:37 am

kore wrote:OMG that means Official re-release will be in this month if everything goes ok? :DDD

Also you've said u r going on different platforms, and since there was facebook login/connection in login test server will u go on fb too? :)

There is nothing from a technical perspective stopping us and we very much hope to make an Alteil Facebook app. The feasibility of this all depends on if Alteil complies with Facebook's rules and regulations and where it falls on the priority stack. I can't think of any reasons why Alteil wouldn't comply, but I don't want to announce something I can't commit to.

Once things settle down with the main release we'll be able to do enough research to give you a better answer.

edit: To answer your question about the official re-release. Yes, there will be an official re-release this month if everything goes O.K.. It will start as the same game you remember and updates will be added approximately every three weeks.
MysteryMan

Postby angelspawns » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 pm

I will name my first born after you... MysteryMan!

Hope it'll be a boy.
angelspawns

Postby Muklas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:13 pm

This should help the growth of the game a ton, awesome news.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Callonia » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 pm

I eagerly await the limited release. For it means i get to see my replays of ridrea clobbering bkrs.

angelspawns wrote:I will name my first born after you... MysteryMan!

Hope it'll be a boy.

What, no MysteryGirl? U hate on girls or what.
Callonia

Postby Savin877 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:20 pm

While this is definitely good news, and I will be more than happy to spam your login server with login attempts; I'm afraid I am going to have to see more of what has actually changed in terms of balance, CPC, design, and the other items from the "list" before I start actually trying to play again.

Kudos to you guys for at least being able to re-open. Wish you all the best.
Savin877

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm

MysteryMan wrote:It will start as the same game you remember and updates will be added approximately every three weeks.

I wonder how many people realize the magnitude of this improvement.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby sunbunman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Can't w8 :mrgreen:
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion