Drag and Drop test

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Drag and Drop test

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

I've been using Telerik for years with past products and their frameworks have always been relatively solid. There's a reason they won many awards for being the best at what they do.

They don't look as fancy standing still as some of their competition, but they tend to be pretty darn stable, work as intended, and fix bugs rapidly. Working in practice is more important to me than having a fancy sales pitch. The fact they have a local branch local doesn't hurt either.

I'm considering using one of their frameworks for future drag and drop functionality.

If you don't mind, please go to this page - http://demos.kendoui.com/web/dragdrop/area.html and tell me if it works as expected. If this basic test doesn't past muster, I'll look other places. If it does, then I'll continue with deeper tests.

You should be able to drag a ball to the two target areas. When the ball is over one of the two target areas, the text should change to indicate that. When the ball is moved to the target area, the text of the target area should change and the ball should return to its original position.

The load time should be negligible as well. I don't like our current load times and want our new development to be faster.
MysteryMan

Re: Drag and Drop test

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 am

Tested on ipad, it works great :D I can't say much for PC though, I personally think the point-and-click method is still more comfortable to use. Still, the fast-and-fluid animation would be a really great addition compared with the rigid animation right now. Just my 2-cent ;)
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:27 am

Works fine.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby angelspawns » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 am

Drag n Drop works on Samsung Galaxy Ace (with super slow WiFi). Though i think this phone won't be able to play Alteil, i can tell the drag n drop function loaded faster then the main forumpage did.
angelspawns

Postby Muklas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 am

It works.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby hexagram » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:28 pm

works well

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby crystalwind12 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 am

It works well on my galaxy note.
crystalwind12

Return to Alteil General Discussion