what would you buy?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

what would you buy?

Postby Ropey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 am

The cashier is currently shut, but when it dose return what will you be buying? Or what I'm more interested in is what you would like to see for sale? Maybe you are like me, and have a large card pool, took advantage of the giving away of the last set, and can't see a good reason to buy? In the past I've take advantage of the star changer lottos, but atm I would only fork out for a new Ex set or packs with rare Exs like Blaze Knuckle or Assassin team.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: what would you buy?

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:20 am

They need to change their model entirely before I buy anything from the shop. It just doesn't benefit me in any form to do so.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:44 am

Yeah I refuse to spend a cent until they restructure sets so that there is actually incentive to spend money.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ropey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 pm

The trouble with CCG's is that they work by making you buy packs in the hope of getting what you want. Knowing that chances are you will have to spend a bit to achieve this. This is how you fool children, and even they get suspicious after a while. Ateil has taken the trading part away, and replaced it with recycle, fair? Not really, they still have to make up in part for the fact you can't just swap cards or have a currency between players. So how do you address this? I think there has been some fair deals in the past.(and some not so fair.See petition)

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Ropey wrote:The trouble with CCG's is that they work by making you buy packs in the hope of getting what you want. Knowing that chances are you will have to spend a bit to achieve this. This is how you fool children, and even they get suspicious after a while. Ateil has taken the trading part away, and replaced it with recycle, fair? Not really, they still have to make up in part for the fact you can't just swap cards or have a currency between players. So how do you address this? I think there has been some fair deals in the past.(and some not so fair.See petition)

Not accurate comparsion because, for example, you want a dark magician girl but you can't get one from card boosters to save ur life with, nor any of ur friends or enemies is willing to trade it to you..

There's last option, head on over to game shops or card shops or ebay and purchase the dark magician girl as much as you can want to. Pinpoint purchasing! I have done this for my yugioh decks and magic the gathering decks.

While in Alteil you have to keep on buying boosters again and again and again until you get what you want. Which could result in you wasting 100 bucks and rage and throw the computer out the window for being stupid.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Ropey wrote:The cashier is currently shut, but when it dose return what will you be buying? Or what I'm more interested in is what you would like to see for sale? Maybe you are like me, and have a large card pool, took advantage of the giving away of the last set, and can't see a good reason to buy? In the past I've take advantage of the star changer lottos, but atm I would only fork out for a new Ex set or packs with rare Exs like Blaze Knuckle or Assassin team.

Well basically cards should be available as singles without having a retardedly high cost, as in I shouldn't have to give up on buying about 3 to 5 brand new games just to buy what i like.

Any other ways of selling the cards in packs or stacks has to have always some sort of value together and that again has to not be retardedly overcosted.

Boxes or anything that's basically a huge bundle of random cards tossed together will have to cost less than something that can be targeted and has immediate value.

Even having to give up one single brand new game with lots of work and great design put into it is asking far too much of a sacrifice. So they better hope to find the time to change that habit. :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 pm

MtG uses the same RNG system, but they reprint commons in all sets so it makes sense to purchase a set individually.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ropey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:51 pm

The only card game market place I'm familiar with is that of Urban Rivals. Which is a very enjoyable part of the game, and the only thing I take part in now. I can see why a game from the start would not include trading. As they think more money can be made if this is withheld, but I was still buying packs in order to sell the cards I didn't want on for money to buy the cards I did. The forums had threads about inflation that the older players seemed to think was out of hand. A sink hole was called for, and some of us suggested a fruit machine. This was added, and could be fuelled by unwanted cards. The game Tyrant has a different approach. Some of the best cards are given away on completion of missions, or grinding for tokens that can be swapped for the games very best cards.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby methebest » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:51 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:MtG uses the same RNG system, but they reprint commons in all sets so it makes sense to purchase a set individually.

like if we gave enough staple commens in the starters we could possabily not need to do drastic changes to the sets.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:05 am

Well those that have been around for long enough have all the staples. So adding cards you already have to the new sets seriously screws things up and isn't a solution.

You're supposed to want to keep your older players while getting new ones so chances at income raising increases too.

Though luck.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion