Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby Illyasviel » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Um, darklogos, one question. Would only playing Mirage Master for 30-40 FM per day really let you get cards that fast? "Playing for an extra 30 or 40 fight money a day from mirage master will get you maybe one max two 5 star cards a month."

Let's check the math.
1 Point card: 2500 FM
1 5-star card: 60 point cards
1 5-star card: 150,000 FM
(And for kicks, a full play-set of all the 5-stars currently available, only counting Zu-jyava once? 9,000,000 FM!)

I think if someone really wants to get point cards, they'll probably play MM to get maybe 1000 FM per day. Not too bad, a respectable amount without risking burning out too badly. Even then, they'd only get 2 point cards every five days. That'd be close to five months for a 5-star, four months for a 4-star, 2 and a quarter months for a 3, just under 2 months for a 2, and about a month for a 1-star.
Illyasviel

Postby darklogos » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:18 am

some reason i had the trainer numbers in my head for some reason. correcting it now.
darklogos

Postby Logress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:56 am

I'd just like to add that for our last two starter sets there have been a main character card which is a 3-star rare and has 2 copies. Assuming this trend continues, I think most non-paying players are going to want to make obtaining a 3rd copy of that 3-star rare a priority, and Point Cards are a pretty efficient way to do it. Obviously, randomness isn't an issue and neither is Gran. You'll obtain a certain number of point cards just participating in the low-impact site events, and then you just grind for FM. As has been mentioned, MM is probably the fastest way to do this, but playing isn't a bad idea. Even if you lose you get a decent amount. Obviously it's a bit soon to say this, but my guess is that 3-stars are going to be the magic number for Point Cards and free players. Other than the starter main characters, there are a lot of great 3-star grimores like Panther Soul. I feel like earning 4's and 5's will be too slow for 90% of the free players out there, as well.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby darklogos » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Logress wrote:I I feel like earning 4's and 5's will be too slow for 90% of the free players out there, as well.

Well certain high end meta depends on rares. EM and EN are prime examples. EN is far more cheaper deck over all then EM. If someone is gunning for the top I might as well give them the tools needed.
darklogos

Postby Logress » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 pm

That's fair. But even though aiming for the long term can really help, (I myself am a long term planner when it comes to these games) short term planning has it's place in Alteil for free players. Some might think it's a total waste to cash in PC's for a rarity 3, when they're halfway to a rarity 5, but if that rarity 3 can get you a lot of wins in the short term, it can help you raise Gran in the form of rankings and Treasure battles.

They're both valid strategies for building up your Files.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 am

I think proxies are really awsome units to have in almost every deck. Other 5 stars just force you to rather build a deck around them instead of helping you with your deck. But the non set 3, 5 stars have much better soul skills. ://
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 am

Half of the rare soul cards are super flubbed up.

Proxy of Light / Limier:

[conditional use/Refess lvl 6 or higher] Send one disengaged enemy unit to the Cemetery. Set your Refess level to 0.

It's a soul skill that costs you 6 sphere levels instead of 1 unit. It has the same amount of LP (one) and it has the same restriction as Assassin's soul skill.

Then, there's Blessed Knight / Orfen

One friendly unit gets DF+10.
Grain

Postby darklogos » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm

UPDATED DUE TO THE LOTTO CHANGE!
darklogos

Postby jasonsociety » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 pm

This was a good read, especially for a beginner who doesn't plan on spending any money. I will fight my way to the top!
jasonsociety

Postby Romdeau » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:03 am

With so many hits, it looks as if this sticky is getting a lot of traffic. A comment or two would be nice from these readers.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion