Sprint #2 (sneak peak)

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #2 (sneak peak)

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:20 pm

This'll have to be addressed sooner or later. Probably story mode giving you cards (so you learn to use them before you get them), and possibly restricted arenas/tournaments where you can only use cards frmo the last few sets and set 1/2.
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Spears wrote:Anyone got any ideas on how to make the card pool less duanting? I keep dropping back into the forums but i just cant find it in me to learn the new cards.

i just gave up on that ...

play the game and learn them as you go :D
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 am

Owning said cards in question greatly increases the chances you will bother the time to look at them. Other than that, think of it as a pleasant surprise everytime a new combo kicks your **** from a card you've never seen before. It's like being a new player all over again!
Romdeau

Postby Mykenae » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:55 am

There are no new cards. Rather, it is we who become new when we look upon them. The fear we face when confronted with a new set of cards is in reality a fear of what we might discover about ourselves. It is a powerful fear, and one each of us will have to face in our own way. But we have to face it, for if we know not who we are, then we know nothing at all.
Mykenae

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:04 am

Mykenae wrote:There are no new cards. Rather, it is we who become new when we look upon them. The fear we face when confronted with a new set of cards is in reality a fear of what we might discover about ourselves. It is a powerful fear, and one each of us will have to face in our own way. But we have to face it, for if we know not who we are, then we know nothing at all.

Beautiful.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 am

Spears wrote:Anyone got any ideas on how to make the card pool less duanting? I keep dropping back into the forums but i just cant find it in me to learn the new cards.

What happen to you? You used to be a decent mod. Now you don't even know how to play with or against the new set? :?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby InfernityFan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 am

Romdeau wrote:
Mykenae wrote:There are no new cards. Rather, it is we who become new when we look upon them. The fear we face when confronted with a new set of cards is in reality a fear of what we might discover about ourselves. It is a powerful fear, and one each of us will have to face in our own way. But we have to face it, for if we know not who we are, then we know nothing at all.

Beautiful.

This
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Callonia wrote:Honestly the old tutorial taught me everything I needed to know, only information that's missing was the character backlash which I found out as fast in crest arena, I read the words character backlash and went ah I see. Why people have trouble with tutorial is beyond my understanding so I can't really help out with it for you guys.

That's why we bring our laptops in front of new blood to see people's reactions in person. Assumptions and guesses can only take us so far.

AngelicDeath wrote:Is that story mode addition only for the tutorial or will it be ongoing?

On going. This sprint will focus on the bandaid (videos, etc) and future sprints will focus on various components that are required to make the story mode tutorial work.

AngelicDeath wrote:I don't think there is anytime to redo those single player opponents but assuming that your new user grabbed a starter and headed to the tutorial.

We don't plan on going anywhere. Things are done 3 weeks at a time. We will never be "finished." On the topic of pacing, however, we may be launching a kickstarter to get us the funds to increase our pace by 10 or 20 x (if it succeeds).

naptime wrote:Strange fact -- there are 2 tutorials! One from clicking "Interactive Tutorial" on the Game Screen, and one from clicking "Tutorial" at the the bottom right between "Rules" and "Card List".
Might be kind of confusing, e.g. which one gives free Gran, or in fact, which one are people talking about right now anyway? :?:

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I killed the second tutorial.

shadowsketch wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:S
- Replace the old FMS logic with a SignalR solution (or similar better solution)

I don't 100% understand this statement, it's too technical for me. When I did a search on the terminology, I understood it as replacing Finite State Machine logic with Signal R.

From that I get that you want to switch from a linear type flow to multiple flows able to interact with each other at certain points. Is that an accurate statement?

Also, \since you're planning on shifting from Flash to HTML5 does that mean you plan to take Alteil mobile?

FMS = flash media server. SignalR is a technology that works with javascript and .NET for instant server/client communication. Basically think of it as moving us forward technologically.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:35 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Ai kinda had a ping of sympathy that he was not rewarded as well as we had a close and tightly fought match.

Defining a good match is pretty difficult to a computer, so that's what I'll call a Logress problem ;). That said, the folks at google show me some damn impressive analytic tools that we'll probably be using in future sprints.

That's a great question and I'd like to hear ideas. Sprint 3 will indirectly touch that, but not to the extent I'd like.

In regards to the story engine (which isn't going to be done in sprint 3)...
  • Players can be given pre-set files, including story relevant cards that may no exist outside the file. This means you'll be able to practice with set that you don't currently have.
  • There can be restrictions set on story modes to turn on/off mechanics.
  • We want players to be able to create/sell story modes for gran and get a cut, though this depends on our lawyers. The highest rated content would be rewarded.
  • The story mode engine's first task is to create a training tutorial.
  • How far the story mode's effort goes is dependent upon people's reactions once they see it happen in reality. We plan on releasing sections as they are developed to get instant feedback.

This means we could have multiple story modes for every new set to try out new cards and get to know the offical feel of the theme or it could fall by the wayside due to lack of interest. There is a reason why we try to release short/early (when we aren't hit by a hurricane)

edit: On the topic of Sandy issues, ThatDave's neighbors house is currently a blazing inferno (as I type this).
MysteryMan

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Super excited for the story mode!!! I would definitely be interested in creating stories I don't even need gran for them, though an exclusive card would be a nice plus. :)
It would be fun making scenarios for the holidays.

Any chance the battle screen could be changed to be better themed, like have several templates that players can choose to have for the backgrounds when battling and they can be unlocked in story mode?
monkeysmiles11

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion