Sprint #2 (sneak peak)

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #2 (sneak peak)

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Ya, some stuff on that list seems too good to be true. Makes one wonder if it's really going to happen within 3 weeks.

Will this be delayed by the hurricane? If so, who knows when we might really see it. :(
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Mysteryman,

Thanks for taking the time to read our suggestions and reply to them. I have been here for at least 3 years (set 2) and have written on the forums quite a bit. This is the first time that a member directly related to Alteil has replied openly to my comments. I think the kickstarter idea is quite sound- I actually suggested it during the interim period when the paperwork was underway.
That said, i follow a lot of kickstarter gaming ideas and some of the art ( remember hangboy?) and technology ones. I almost bought that real time strategy CCG that was on kickstarter a few days back but cannot really play alteil / l5r and another one. nonetheless, the kickstarter rewards were really cool on some of the promotions.

For instance, if you donated (x) dollars you got the full set plus you could design a card. At their highest level (1500 usd) you got to make an entire new race and be part of their ongoing beta team helping to design the future of their game. We need not gothat far as the roadmap for us is already laid-Alteil 2 cards. Nevertheless, i think it is a wise choice to do kickstarter and give the players-contributors a chance to make an impact. designing a future card's stats would be awesome- i would definitely contribute if that was a kickstarter goal achievement.

cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby xXSyaoranXx » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:17 am

I really enjoyed all the tournaments that were done using the tournament tab and think more of these would be a good idea.
It allowed you a chance to play with the cards that you didn't own, which lets newer players get more acquainted with the overall card base and perhaps try to obtain them if they liked using them enough.
Also, it placed everyone on a generally more equal standing and gave you some sort of reward whether you won or lost, so there's an easier chance to obtain better cards for newer players trying to compete in Folrart while the constellation prize was fairly decent so it still makes you still feel like you've gained something even if you lost.
Lastly, it didn't affect your records so for anyone who cares about stats like RP, win streak badges, and win/loss ratios, there's a chance to have fun doing whatever without having to worry about any negative effects on those stats.
xXSyaoranXx

Postby Spears » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:53 am

Mystery your continued community interactions i much appreciated.

Ropey, I stopped playing as my faith in the management and the direction of alteil waned. The new drive has got me interested again however i find that i dont have a file which works to a standard that will allow me to learn by playing, forcing me to sit down and theorycraft which in itself is flawed as i dont know what im likely to face.
I will admit im spoilt in that I'm used to having a core of files that have remained relevant through many sets with small updates, this no longer appears to be the case either due to powercreep (fair enough) or errata.
By the way where is the most recent errata lists? it took me two games of playing a gangadore file before i realised the finely tuned combo setup to offset his drawbacks was completely ballsed up by some changes i was unaware of.

Its got to the point im looking forward to new starters as i can pickup a playable file without spending two days staring at the file editor.
Whilst my reasons may be selfish and lazy, the amount of time required to learn all the cards is likely to be a large stumbilng block for newer players especially as not just the number of cards but their complexity is going up over time.
Try swooshing your mouse around the file editor for the early sets then do it for the latest, notice anything?
Exactly.
Spears

Postby InfernityFan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 am

Here is the latest errata thread (that I know of). I was looking for one too when I was back at this game. Many cards seemed different than that I remembered, like Bringer's Open for example. I heard that there is another smaller errata, but I haven't found anything yet. For new card problems, there is no better advice than just play the game or watch a replay, you will eventually pick up something :D
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Spears » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 am

Lol i guess i just forgot. Ahh well noone to blame but myself on that point then.
Thanks infernity.
Spears

Postby angelspawns » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 am

MysteryMan wrote:
Spears wrote:Anyone got any ideas on how to make the card pool less duanting? I keep dropping back into the forums but i just cant find it in me to learn the new cards.

That's a great question and I'd like to hear ideas.

LeagueOfLegends bring out so many Champions(Cards), as a first time player you'd be overwhelmed aswell. They use Youtube video's with suggested builds(Files) after each released Champion(Set). Explaning how to play it and the thoughtprocess behind them.

Maybe you could use the Storymode to explain each Set. Make like 2~3 files for each sphere with some of the key components/mechanic/characters in it, and have an Avatar like Lapierre Sensei give out information about the cards?

I understand it isn't ideal and will take alot of time aswell... maybe too much for what it's worth.
------------------------------

This may not be the right place, but as additional info to AngelicDeath's story: the Alteil playerbase been asking to be able to give away the TreasureBattle. You don't get to see the card at the start of a TreasureBattle and when it turns out we don't need the card... it just plain sux you can't give it away.

Talking about players feeling generous. There's ALOT of goodwill to help out others here and not enough means to do it.
I rather give some cards away instead of recycling it for lowsy Gran. I understand if there won't be any trading, but i'm not exactly talking about trades.
More along the line of creating an additional File you can fill with 'Reward Prices'. Cards in there can be used to:
- Put up as prize for beating your Storymode (fastest record etc.),
- insert a TreasureCard and initiate a TreasureBattle (limited to only 1 & 2* cards to avoid abuse),
- "reward opponent" at the end of a good match (once again, only 1 & 2*s to avoid abuse),
- create a tournament with selfincerted prizes,
- ?

I foresee alot of cards ending up at the lower tier, helping out the beginning playerbase to build up a collection and some recycle Gran. Creating a more positive enviroment and player interaction.

I'm just leaving this idea here because you and I thought alot alike on most subjects Mysteryman. If anything we both care a great deal about new player experience from a designers viewpoint and beyond. There are alot more ideas on this subject that deserve a look in the suggestion thread. How to improve the Guild aspect is worth a look, aswell as how the community can help out new people understanding this game, etc. (shameless plug direction towards my 'Take an Apprentice' suggestion. :ugeek: )
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 am

I think I was in and out for too long. So much that I thought solar kingdom is still decent and not above. But few games vs verlat, judie and friends made me learn the hard way that its really strong now. All of my decks were outdated.

Missing still on many keycards. Shvara, Francis, judie ...

My decks still are built based on older set meta. Have to get away from that way of thinking.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby caeser » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:09 pm

MysteryMan wrote:edit: On the topic of Sandy issues, ThatDave's neighbors house is currently a blazing inferno (as I type this).

:shock:

Any update on this? ThatDave and his house make it thru okay?
caeser

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Relax. It was just his neighbours burning.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion