alteil - zombie!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

alteil - zombie!

Postby onegin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:36 am

Sorry for my bad english, it not my native language. But i hope my thoughts will understandable. (and i hope it not only my thoughts)

I returned to alteil, hoping for reborn, but after couple weeks i understand that it is a zombie.
Alteil get one big problem for a long time (alteil.jp solved it somehow) - very unfriendly for new blood, very uncasual and as result very small player base. And it gona be more unfriendly after +2 -1 gran. Cause everyone, who have metadecks - gona be playing metadeck. Losing gona be not profitable, but winning now get real rewards. So after some underdogs - you gona see only metas at folrart. Now imagine your as newcomer 16 lvl at folrart. How long you have enough desire to play? you trying to match some new cards, starter (even if they change it to new - i dont think it gona be compared to metas) - could you be strong enough compare to greedy players with metadecks?

Truly said - i dont know how to solve this problem, but without new blood - game with 100 active players (that already got metadecks) - couldnt be profitable for developers and fun for masses. (i think league of legends - is very good example for this)

i have some good decks - but it pretty boring for me to play with OP cards, if fun to play 1 game or 2 - but after i trying to play new strategy, new cards and so on. - but now risking and trying new decks - gona hurt,....

pity, but looks like i gona quit this game one more time, may be developers found way how to really reborn alteil or create alteil 2 like jp done (without returns :) )
onegin

Re: alteil - zombie!

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 am

onegin wrote:Sorry for my bad english, it not my native language. But i hope my thoughts will understandable. (and i hope it not only my thoughts)

I returned to alteil, hoping for reborn, but after couple weeks i understand that it is a zombie.
Alteil get one big problem for a long time (alteil.jp solved it somehow) - very unfriendly for new blood, very uncasual and as result very small player base. And it gona be more unfriendly after +2 -1 gran. Cause everyone, who have metadecks - gona be playing metadeck. Losing gona be not profitable, but winning now get real rewards. So after some underdogs - you gona see only metas at folrart. Now imagine your as newcomer 16 lvl at folrart. How long you have enough desire to play? you trying to match some new cards, starter (even if they change it to new - i dont think it gona be compared to metas) - could you be strong enough compare to greedy players with metadecks?

Truly said - i dont know how to solve this problem, but without new blood - game with 100 active players (that already got metadecks) - couldnt be profitable for developers and fun for masses. (i think league of legends - is very good example for this)

i have some good decks - but it pretty boring for me to play with OP cards, if fun to play 1 game or 2 - but after i trying to play new strategy, new cards and so on. - but now risking and trying new decks - gona hurt,....

pity, but looks like i gona quit this game one more time, may be developers found way how to really reborn alteil or create alteil 2 like jp done (without returns :) )

Welcome back.
- We produce new work in three week iterations. Our next iteration will focus on improving the new user experience
- You no longer lose gran for losing
- One of the goals next sprint is to replace the current starters with a competitive alternative

Please take a look at our various posts for our roadmap. After you do that, if you see something we are missing please speak up!
MysteryMan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 am

onegin wrote:may be developers found way how to really reborn alteil or create alteil 2 like jp done (without returns :) )

HAH! That very interesting point at the end. :D

It has returns, it's just that they're a huge round about at returning stuff.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:18 am

This opening post seems pretty uninformed, and as a result appears to be a bit comical due to severe ignorance. There are a number of valid concerns there, but for example onegin seems to think the +2/-1 gran rule is still in effect-when it in fact is currently +2/0 gran. Given, this is still officially temporary, but I think it will become a permanent feature. I suggest you dig around the forums a bit (look through MysteryMan's post history) and then post your current thoughts.
Romdeau

Postby onegin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 am

Removing -1 gran penalty still not resolve problem i wrote. Do you think ppls gona play new interesting decks when they could farm gran? I think metadecks at forlart gona be more and more, and all newcomers, when meet them all the time - leave.
Point of my topic little complex chain: the top is no new blood, but the reason of it is that old players make this happen. Hope you understand my thoughts (hard to say it on foreign language i use only for internet). When all you write gona be happend (i mean new starters, helps and so on) - how many chances newcomers get against metas?
May be it will be good to create some kind of another arena for newcomers, where old players get another activity like experiment and teach? so they have no point use meta decks there, so new blood get fun there - not pain. For example i often use TG deck - it pretty weak - but it interesting to play, and i think it interesting to play against - cause everyone get chance to win (except returns and other metas)
my text is little mess and bad english, but i hope you understand my point
onegin

Postby Ropey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 am

You have been asked to read other recent posts, please do so, before you decide that the game is not worth playing,
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 am

You can't have an opinion without the communities permission or validation.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 am

We must protect your right to make uninformed opinions!
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 am

There need to be more casual forms of play, in my opinion.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ropey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 pm

I agree, but we do not have enough players for any more modes, casual or whatever. Vicious circle.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion