Song for a hero: Uses?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Song for a hero: Uses?

Postby ChiYoung » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Anyone found a good use for Song for a hero yet? The best thing I can come up with is a cheap holy shield in big refess files, and one in my gowen files, for when I drop bringer, but other than that, it's meh.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Re: Song for a hero: Uses?

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:34 pm

It's not rly all that good a card IMO. Some people put it on bug, some people put it on Zu since nobody uses the return SSs anymore (well aside from shelby/song), but at the end of the day, if you have one unit vs. a whole field, you're still only hitting one unit at a time, or at best, one row at a time (EG Dilate). And honestly, the biggest threats to large single units isn't more damage, but anti-single-unit effects (EG unit-based returns, return SSs, max HP to 0 such as Raste).

Frankly I think the "must be only unit on the field" condition is ridiculous. Maybe it should be lightened to "opponent has more units".
AqvasFire2

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

It's not a competitive material, but it opens to what I say an RPG file, where your lone unit is pitched against enemy units. That lone unit is preferably something that can field-wipe (at least hitting 2 enemies at once). And you waste many cards trying to allow that unit to dodge many removals. Other than removals, undead is also annoying to fight against.

If you are still interested, here are some units that can maximize Song of a Hero potential:
- Narevez. Undying, which makes the HP gain very valuable auto field-wipe. If his turn comes, 3 kills are practically guaranteed, unless against other undying units.
- Zu-jyuva. Almost all units cannot escape that field-wipe after a copy of Song. Proceed to follow with Overdose if your opponent refuses to kill this guy.
- Crest Veteran Slayer. Folrart Guardian on steroid.
- Wasseir. Refess-version of Afel. Unlike above units though, the low AGI really hurts its potential.
- There are others that I'm sure I haven't thought of yet.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm

^ field removals say gg :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:^ field removals say gg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the ultimate bane :( That's why a few 1-copy of dodge cards should be available in an RPG file. This file can achieve high RP if you have godlike skill at predicting your opponents. That's pretty much never the case though.

Oh yeah, try not to go straight to the lone unit. Open with something that can help you crowd control, for example:
- Sacs with 2 1LP SS like Sergis.
- Augmented with Overdose fest.
- Free-Revival units
Or just play the sole unit as an end-game unit for rush file. The removal SS should have been wasted by that time.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Yeah um, if you're playing a Zu file, your field is going to be fairly worthless until Zu hits. It's not like you can spam rushy units and then from outta nowhere "LAWLZ ZU!". The "only unit" condition is absolutely brutal. I'd rather it be max HP +30 but work all the time.
AqvasFire2

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Yeah um, if you're playing a Zu file, your field is going to be fairly worthless until Zu hits. It's not like you can spam rushy units and then from outta nowhere "LAWLZ ZU!". The "only unit" condition is absolutely brutal. I'd rather it be max HP +30 but work all the time.

My last post was for if you go to normal lv5 unit btw. Zu's file is not exactly RPG file, it's... wait for it... Zu's file :P You should try it since we all have access to set 11 anyway. It's fun seeing mindless field-wipe :D
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby ChiYoung » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Well, it can protect against sin cc and gives max HP, so that's got to be worth something?
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Muklas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:01 pm

It's cem protection for big files and nothing more.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:51 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Yeah um, if you're playing a Zu file, your field is going to be fairly worthless until Zu hits. It's not like you can spam rushy units and then from outta nowhere "LAWLZ ZU!". The "only unit" condition is absolutely brutal. I'd rather it be max HP +30 but work all the time.

That favors swarms even more. Having less units than the opponent could be a better condition. Could be ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion