Ways to improve spheres weaker grimore concepts

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Ways to improve spheres weaker grimore concepts

Postby AquasFire3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 pm

First of all, I created this thread to give more ideas grimores. Instead of one or two grimores overshadowing the whole sphere.I know this thread might get bad comments but, i hope not and if your opinion differs from mine dont insult.Lets try to keep this a good discussion.

Falkow- gains advantage by return cards and using owl sage.
Lawtia Use sp drain cards like shade, death embrace and bitter destiny.
Gowen uses units to attack fast and use damage grims to destroy opponet
Refess use support and synergy to boost all units and destroy opponet.
Falkow is first!!! :)

FalkowThere have been many discussion about the return concept being op. The reason people think return concept is because, return outshines other falkow grimores. Also because, return can create total devastation to certain decks because of their amazing sp control with owl sage and rasam ss. So in my opinion the best way to make return more balanced is by buffing other falkow grims. Therefore, falkow has more grimore options. Reason return cards have always been so popular is because other falkow grim suck.

Please do not freak out when see this :O
So I say, do slight Nerf to a few return cards not all!!! Honestly, I would love to see more return cards like withdrawal strategy. The reason is that it allows you to do a recycling card concept.

Falkow Grim concepts that never get used
Field movement or displacement. I would like to see something maybe like this move one unit of your choice to a spot on your field and make it engaged. Move one random enemy unit to a random spot on the field and make it engaged or maybe something similar to that but more powerful. The reason I add engage is so field displacement will be more effective. Therefore, you actually have a chance of keeping the card there

Agi manipulation grims- Also need a huge boost. I mean seriously when is the last time you seen some one use something like frozen lance. So maybe there should be more agi manipulation cards like this. Maybe like this for each unit above level 4 on a opponent field you each unit gains one agi. Since falkow has so much trouble against mids and bigs.

I will add more suggestions to falkow grims. I if I get a good response or people want me to post more ideas.

Lawtia first of all, lawtia has a strong concept of sp drain and making it were opponent cannot generate sp. They use things to create low sp environments for opponent so they cannot revive. Most lawtia units focus around sp drain besides a few like undead. First, for lawtia to break from a trend they need better grims that is not over shadowed by the other sp drain cards like bd, death embrace and shade. In addition, a slight nerf to a few of sp drain concepts would be beneficial so lawtia does not get to many strong grims.

Okay grim concepts that do not get used much in lawtia. Are cards like criminal edge. Which do damage for how much in opponent cemetery.
Maybe make a grim card like for every card in opponent cemetery you do 5 dmg times card in opponent cemetery to two units one of your choice one not and then one of your units level 2 or higher gets sent to the cemetery.
SHADE
One card that is not a grim that needs discussion is shade. Honestly, shade has survive so long because there are not many good lawtia openings that can replace him. Therefore, in my opinion make more lawtia opening cards that are level one or make shade where you cannot play him next turn.

Etc will add more grim idea for lawtia if people like it.

Okay I would add other spheres, but honestly, ive gotten lazy. So will add them tomorrow or when get time.Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by AquasFire3 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquasFire3

Re: Ways to improve spheres weaker grimore concepts

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Actually I like teleport a lot even without engage.

Why doesn't it allow to move your own units? That would still be a decent effect, not op.

I also like thunderheads. Tempest not so much, too many units it dosn't kill and 5 sp for that is too much when you have the lv 2 grim doing 20 ...

Turn to dust ... lol
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AquasFire3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Tempest needs a buff honestly. I think tempest and thunder head are two great cards. I think maybe make tempest cheaper like i was discussing with nd by making him level 4.
AquasFire3

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm

One problem with the falkow field manipulation, engage, movement, and agility manipulation grims is that they require units to actually benefit from them to be worth using. For example if you have things that engage, it's important to have units than benefit from engage (Serpent). Likewise if you have abilities that manipulate agility, you need to have cards that benefit from it (rapier fencer, mystere). So part of this requires units designed with specific skills to benefit from the grims. Higher ups have kind of ignored this for some reason and instead favor some lazy design ideas (in my opinion), but that's another story entirely.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Units naturally benefit from things like higher AGI. Since it means they can go first. Or engage. Means your enemy doesn't get to move. You don't need a unit to take advantage of that.

I think the fact that most grims are way overcosted and that some SS undervalue effects a lot while other cards keep overvaluing them (RasamSS is supposed balanced with a 2SP effect... show me a 2 SP grim/skill engaging 2 units for 2 turns without drawbacks).

This problem persists for stuff that aren't grims though.
LoneKnight

Postby AquasFire3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Funny gon similar to what nitro told me.And yes there needs to be more benificial units, All the units that could be good with certain grimores are very underdeveloped thats why everyone use returns.With the falkow concepts.
I just cant stand how so many spheres have under developed strategys when many spheres could pull of amazing things
AquasFire3

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm

I would argue that the majority of souls/grims that specifically manipulate these things: field position, engage/disengage, agility, and range are all underused. You could say argue that it's because they are overpriced, or you could argue that units weren't designed to compliment them. Look at all those cards like Frozen Lance, Teleport, flip the board grim, the plethora of engage grims, etc. The effects in and of themselves aren't sufficient for things that don't cause direct damage.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AquasFire3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Well i feel like they get out shined to a point by other cards. so i feel they need more of a buff for them to grow.And as everyone knows units dont benefit them.I mean seriously name on file that uses field displacement in falkow.
AquasFire3

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm

It has nothing to do with relative benefits. It's a matter of, is this grim worth using, or isn't it. If the effect is strong enough then the card will be used.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 am

LoneKnight wrote:I think the fact that most grims are way overcosted and that some SS undervalue effects a lot while other cards keep overvaluing them (RasamSS is supposed balanced with a 2SP effect... show me a 2 SP grim/skill engaging 2 units for 2 turns without drawbacks).

I think at the very least, Rasam SS should be random target.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion