Ways to improve spheres weaker grimore concepts

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Ways to improve spheres weaker grimore concepts

Postby methebest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 am

lawtias grims are fine i don't even use the sp draining ones.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 am

methebest wrote:lawtias grims are fine i don't even use the sp draining ones.

Turn to Dust ? It's not worth much. Even in a Mirelia file there are better options.
Dire Straiths ? wth is this supposed to be anyway?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby methebest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:
methebest wrote:lawtias grims are fine i don't even use the sp draining ones.

Turn to Dust ? It's not worth much. Even in a Mirelia file there are better options.
Dire Straiths ? wth is this supposed to be anyway?

well pretty sure most other spheres have more useless grims
methebest

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 am

Turn to dust is pretty good in discard files. I've personally used it in files that got over 1900RP back in sets 6 and 7. If you even think turn to dust would be remotely beneficial to a mirelia file you really don't even get the basic concepts or goals of a falkow file.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

methebest wrote:well pretty sure most other spheres have more useless grims

I wasn't trying to compare spheres. If you want i'll mention the useless grims in the other spheres too.

GonFreeces31 wrote:If you even think turn to dust would be remotely beneficial to a mirelia file you really don't even get the basic concepts or goals of a falkow file.

Yay for your glorious reading incomprehension. Do you at least try? Like ever?

First the jewel thread, then the thread about blaming broken card abusers for the state of the game and now this ...

Here few hints and i will make them as obvious as possible:
Turn to dust would be great if you could replay it, since 1 card slot for 1 card slot isn't that efficient. It's better to have something that targets the opponent's stronger cards directly and perhaps have more potential uses, something that is more flexible during the duel. (i am not arguing how good it is for a starter to have it when facing some pure meta deck)
I didn't look through the list to see if there are other cards that bring turn to dust out of the game; mirelia is a card who does this. But as i said:
Even in a Mirelia file there are better options.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby methebest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

like the others would benifit from a look at better than lawtia
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Well they probably won't be changed just because players look at them.

Refess:
Raise Shield - under certain circumstances such as units who turn their DF into a huge benefit ... but the issue would probably be the lack of units such as spiked shield guy, even then there seem to be better choice, much better ones

Gowen:
Fire Tornado - it's strong, i won't disagree with that fact, but it's so random that it might hit for example the ex merc girl and ignore the bringer next to it
well at least unlike thunderheads, it won't hit your field ...
Magic Weapon - seriously it's great with stuff like igina to quickly reach the desired AT, but overall it's still a demanding grim considering the that a buffer can do much more even with the extra cost! Maybe it's weak, maybe we just need more units that great benefit from that little bit of extra attack ...
at least cards that don't close, keep the buff

Falkow:
I mentioned Tempest already.
Frozen Lance - i feel freezing is better. Besides falkow has Elite Fencer for the speedy stuff. If there was an unit that debuffs extremely low agi units then it would make sense. I think i suggested adding one in lawtia sets ago, to have some sort of synergy with fencer which would open up more chances to lawtia-falkow.
Frozen cage - yes permanent disable like that can be crucial, but seriously it's overcosted by 1 SP ... disorientation is better

Well there are other meh grims, but they could still be situationally useful. The ones i mentioned aren't worth much.
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Maybe I need to be more clear: Using SP to burn through the opponent's cards and send them to the graveyard is not a goal of control files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:07 pm

You have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

Mirelia isn't a file by herself. And she also doesn't automatically define a file as a control file.
Neither a card, nor a file needs to be used in a specific way. In fact it's better if a card file can be more flexible to cover it's weaknesses ...

Also that wasn't the point, you are missing it completely.
The idea was that reusing turn to dust, is the only way to make it GOOD.

And even then, if i want a turn to dust effect i won't pick turn to dust, i pick chaos absorption.

Also here some advice for newbies:
A card can be used in more ways than it's original intended way. :roll:
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Khiruki » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Well they probably won't be changed just because players look at them.

Refess:
Raise Shield - under certain circumstances such as units who turn their DF into a huge benefit ... but the issue would probably be the lack of units such as spiked shield guy, even then there seem to be better choice, much better ones
It got powercreeped. Yeah.

Gowen:
Fire Tornado - it's strong, i won't disagree with that fact, but it's so random that it might hit for example the ex merc girl and ignore the bringer next to it
well at least unlike thunderheads, it won't hit your field ...
It's a desperation button. Sure, it's not consistent, but for newbies, a lucky tornado can save the day.

Magic Weapon - seriously it's great with stuff like igina to quickly reach the desired AT, but overall it's still a demanding grim considering the that a buffer can do much more even with the extra cost! Maybe it's weak, maybe we just need more units that great benefit from that little bit of extra attack ...
at least cards that don't close, keep the buff
Catira can make great use of 20 extra attack at times. There are lots of 70HP units that can be quickly removed with that extra 20 AT.

Falkow:
I mentioned Tempest already.
Frozen Lance - i feel freezing is better. Besides falkow has Elite Fencer for the speedy stuff. If there was an unit that debuffs extremely low agi units then it would make sense. I think i suggested adding one in lawtia sets ago, to have some sort of synergy with fencer which would open up more chances to lawtia-falkow.
Sometimes, the opponent just has too many fast things.

Frozen cage - yes permanent disable like that can be crucial, but seriously it's overcosted by 1 SP ... disorientation is better
Permanent RNG=0. Can be helpful for rendering Diondora useless as you take care of the things in front/mill through a few frogs first.

Well there are other meh grims, but they could still be situationally useful. The ones i mentioned aren't worth much.

Peralisc9001 wrote:You have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

Mirelia isn't a file by herself. And she also doesn't automatically define a file as a control file.
Neither a card, nor a file needs to be used in a specific way. In fact it's better if a card file can be more flexible to cover it's weaknesses ...

Also that wasn't the point, you are missing it completely.
The idea was that reusing turn to dust, is the only way to make it GOOD.

And even then, if i want a turn to dust effect i won't pick turn to dust, i pick chaos absorption.

Also here some advice for newbies:
A card can be used in more ways than it's original intended way. :roll:

I don't think you've ever seen a decent file destruction file.
ImageImage
Khiruki

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion