Sprint #3 Preview

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #3 Preview

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:It appears it's still not working. There was also the one guy in the chat complaining he couldn't send a report about not receiving his gran after using paypal, so i shared my forum account because it seems not even the forum registration worked for him ...

Oh well. Good luck fixing it!

Could you provide some details as to what happened? We use a professional service to handle our bugs (the big dog that takes care of Sears, Adobe, Disney, etc). They occasionally go down for maintenance for an hour or so on weekends so I'm hoping it's that.

Well first of all the zendesk (or whatever the support site is called) didn't send me a confirmation email after submitting a bug.

And then there was an iczer having trouble with his paypal purchase which also had trouble sending you a bug report. For further details check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13620

Thanks for the heads up.

The e-mail bit is concerning, though it's not happening on my tests.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 am

Major advantages of SignlaR over Flash Media Server

- Near instant load times
- Can communicate instantly to any user or group of users that is specified, regardless of where they are in the game (provided that section has SIgnlaR hooked up).
- No download required. Uses whatever is the most efficient method of real time communication that your particular browser (or phone) supports normally.
- Tolerant of issues. This means that if you lose internet for a few seconds you'll be greeted with the data you missed instead of a "you have been disconnected" error
- Easier for our staff to program in, so more stuff can be created in a fraction of the time
- Updates are easy as pie - code can be quickly changed around in one place without having to worry about other places that call it.
- Cross platform. Supports iOS, WIndows, Web, etc.
- Supported and has new updates (try to get flash running on an current generation phone)
MysteryMan

Postby randomguy00 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:27 pm

MysteryMan wrote:- Tolerant of issues. This means that if you lose internet for a few seconds you'll be greeted with the data you missed instead of a "you have been disconnected" error

o.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wut.
randomguy00

Postby Spears » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:03 pm

MysteryMan wrote:Major advantages of SignlaR over Flash Media Server

- Near instant load times
- Can communicate instantly to any user or group of users that is specified, regardless of where they are in the game (provided that section has SIgnlaR hooked up).
- No download required. Uses whatever is the most efficient method of real time communication that your particular browser (or phone) supports normally.
- Tolerant of issues. This means that if you lose internet for a few seconds you'll be greeted with the data you missed instead of a "you have been disconnected" error
- Easier for our staff to program in, so more stuff can be created in a fraction of the time
- Updates are easy as pie - code can be quickly changed around in one place without having to worry about other places that call it.
- Cross platform. Supports iOS, WIndows, Web, etc.
- Supported and has new updates (try to get flash running on an current generation phone)

This sounds promising.
Spears

Postby fargone » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Sounds great, looking for to it.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion