What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD spam

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD sp

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Phoenix chick: uhhhh...you sure about that, Gon? Max-HP immune tank ala EXCAK that can 30 aoe your whole field and revive itself for 1 SP each time you kill it? Against rushes, it can be an aoe monster, and against mids/bigs, it's more or less not going anywhere short of a merc death or disjunction. Against Big Red, unless you fire arrow+bringer slaying strike it in one turn, you more or less lose right there.

Verlaat: the only ways in which he's worse than Bringer are A) he's not as good taking out bigs and B) beast emp rivera SS kills him (instead of leaving him at 5 HP). However, he has far better teammates (miffles/judie/guardian) than Bringer does. Essentially, if you look at him as Bringer, Judie as Jack, Guardian as Dandan and miffles as BKR (that last one's a reach but process of elimination, and they both buff atk =P), he sort of makes it silly to continue playing Gowen when Refess can do the same thing but better.

Miffles: like the energizer bunny except she can also attack/AoE heal/rest while genning SP and is above return level. Oh, and she locks out great spirits. And you can't even stop her SP accumulation by draining her ala urgrant/marduk.

In the new meta, these three I suppose are fair game. But considering that the BKR file was deliberately degraded as a meta thanks to the Jack and Bringer nerfs, well, where's the consistency?
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Lol DG too funny.
Icyman2

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes, I know, I'm grasping for straws, but with everyone calling Verlaat Refess Bringer, I was trying to go further with the analogy =P
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Aqvasfire2 is DG? Reporting him.

Oh and difference is that you can press attack and kill the units that's pissing you off which is augments but you can't just attack and kill the return user, he's keeping your cards in the file when you're here to play not press skip turn.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Scientiafide wrote:I think the more important question is why do people bother complaining about OP cards at all? This game went bankrupt once, the playerbase is currently incredibly small, and there are loads of other more pressing problems to attend to.

And honestly, the balance in this game is not all that bad. I've definitely seen much worse in other games. Even MTG has it's balance issues, so I don't really expect perfection. Complaining that a game has balance issues is like complaining that your electronics need electricity to run. They're both unavoidable conclusions that everyone knows are inevitable, and that ultimately in the long run aren't really worth complaining about.

And I could understand if the game is so out of balance that it ruins your gameplay experience, or if all the good cards were only high rarity cards (making the good files inaccessible to most), but these things aren't true either. There are tons of good viable cards in all rarities. In fact there are several viable file types composed mostly of 1 and 2 stars; we all know there are a lot of good 1 and 2 star cards in this game. I'd say that, other than a few key OP cards and underpowered cards (balance issues present in pretty much any game you encounter), this game is mostly balanced. I'd also say that our player base is too small to make any definite conclusions (another reason we should focus on that problem instead). Any stats currently being gathered are tarnished by having such a small sample size, and by the fact that certain cards are way more available than others, while most other cards are difficult to acquire. Similarly, making balancing decisions purely on anecdotal evidence or your gut isn't good either. And of course given that we're still playing this game I think it's safe to assume we believe the game is fun despite it's balance issues ;)

Anyway, if you want to complain about aspects of alteil, there are various other places to look. Try giving alteil's bad product policies a shot, that's a popular yet viable topic :3

This thread is completely retarded and in fact complaining about a so called lack of complaints.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Pheonix chick I can see an argument for. Miffyre and Verlaat I really don't think are overpowered. Level 4 units have been powercreeped by guardian for years now, so it's good that there is one that's being talked about. Verlaat certainly pushes the envelope - but I suspect he's just really strong against certain file types. For example lots of snowbally tribes like a well played shrine knights, orcs, or command dolls shouldn't have too much of a problem verse Verlaat.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:01 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Pheonix chick I can see an argument for. Miffyre and Verlaat I really don't think are overpowered. Level 4 units have been powercreeped by guardian for years now, so it's good that there is one that's being talked about. Verlaat certainly pushes the envelope - but I suspect he's just really strong against certain file types. For example lots of snowbally tribes like a well played shrine knights, orcs, or command dolls shouldn't have too much of a problem verse Verlaat.

This is correct, i've seen my verlaat die really easy although i'm not telling because I wanna enjoy verlaat while he still lasts before everyone figures what's up. He's like, a first non-sissy.

And I have to disagree with you, Guardian haven't been that power creeping lvl 4s. There is duels where you don't want her counter to activate because opponent want their SS to trigger and pwnt you. I have seen plenty of this enough to use blessed armor.

You can beat me up but I refuse to kill any of your units, what, you wanted one of them to die? Aw i'm sorry but I don't wanna you activating ur ss to field wipe me and you'll just have to deal with that. *spams standby.*
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Call, you can't press standby if MD augment and overdose 1-shots your guardian.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Call, you can't press standby if MD augment and overdose 1-shots your guardian.

He will run out of grimioes and sp and i'll get the guardian back via ss. Not too worried. At maximum, there's three overdoses. Its not like i'm losing 4 sp everytime i set down guardian but 1 sp.

But again, i haven't fought against augments that much yet so i don't know yet.
Callonia

Postby Muklas » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 pm

So let me get this straight, a unit that:engages everything on open while providing all your units a perma +10 DF buff ,a start skill that buffs your whole field and has a cheap action skill that will probably oneshot anything it hits while healing all your units ISN'T broken!? He deserves to get hit with the nerf hammer as hard as Bringer did.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion