New Players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: New Players

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 pm

You could just cut down the cost of things. The free gran an average player gets is measly enough that it would not upset anything.

The problem: recycle cost kinda hardlocks how low the prices can go. The answer, imo, is not low enough.
LoneKnight

Postby quickdragon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm

New players have a fun time in crest, but when they get to folrart it's another story.
Don't tell me these new starters make a difference, I can fend them off with a huff and a puff. The only thing I can do in folrart is give up the match to help them lvl a bit, but me giving away wins won't make players feel better (maybe a bit) or get better. :(

My battles when I was a noob were 90% of the time vs a player of lvl 50+. I know I didn't like that, now you have loads of players lvl 100+. :shock:
Of course players say: lvl doesn't matter, it's all about the rep. NO.... It's both of importance.

Lets compair a lvl 15 :arrow: lvl 100 and lets say they both haven't used cash:
Higher lvl ppl have more reward cards. Which gives them more file choice (you know what I mean). At a certain point you even get 4-5 star cards when lvling and some of them are needed to build a strong file, we can't all go for pixie.
Higher lvl players have more experience (playing experience, you know more. There are exceptions (me))
INTIMIDATION: It's intimidating for a noob to battle a high lvl player and having to battle vs them all the time... well, that's NOT FUN :!:

My point is :arrow: LVL does matter.
I'm not saying ppl at higher lvl will always beat a lower lvl. After you pass some point you know it's irrelevant, but to newbies (referring a bit to me when I was a noob) it does irritate and push you away from the game.

So what to do :?:
Make the lvl and rep counter not visible for other players? Like that'll help...
- Some players like to show off how good they are. (also me, though I wouldn't mind if they would remove it) :twisted:
- Noobies will still keep losing at folrart. And you don't get sht for losing! Don't go thinking: well with underdog, even if you lose...bla bla bla crap. :x

I'm not so smart, but what I've always thought could help bring us some more players was to also reward losing. :roll:
Right now you get exp (pffftt...right) for losing and some fm. :(
Idk what rewards should be given for losing, but other might. cmon :geek: :ugeek: :twisted: come up with some :idea:

Another thing I thought would be fun is:
Maybe some alteil themed mini-games stuff. Like the memory thing we have, mirage master, that's a solo thing. Wouldn't it be awesome to play vs others?
You can use like 5/10/20/50 gran(depending on how rich you are) as entree fee and play vs others.
I've read that alteiljp has more than just mirage master. Idk what kinda stuff they have, but i'm guessing it's helping. They are doing pretty good.

We'll that's pretty much all the things I can think of. My brain needs a rest. I'll leave the rest to you :geek: :ugeek: :twisted:
*edit: forgot about the most important thing, LOWER THE PRICES!!! :D
quickdragon

Postby Aoi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:46 pm

As somebody who is lv 47 currently yeah, it is very disheartening to repeatively fight lv 100+ with winstreaks repeatedly.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

quickdragon wrote:My point is :arrow: LVL does matter.

No it doesn't I have one of duels saved where I was lvl 81 vs a lvl 241 with a silver star.
Unfortunately for you, that duel is set to private so next best thing is.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 74a1422831

To me, high lvls = free lvl up cards for me. I think i even got like 3 or 5 lvlups off the lvl 241 i beat.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Think of high lvl opponents as harder but more reward

e.g if the difference in lvl is 100 you will get in public battles {10+100)*1.5=165 xp
(Private battles 10+100*1 =110xp

where as the guy who is higher lvl will only get 15 xp for public or 10 xp for private

In this example therefore he will need to win 10 times as many games vs lower lvl guys than himself to get the same xp as you can in 1 win.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

We can all blow wind about how level really doesn't matter in this game cos we are over level 100 and we know the game.

The truth is level does matter to new players. It matters a lot. Nobody wants to play a game where they FEEL the game is predetermined. You can whine and carry on and say "but but but" all you like. You are not the topic of discussion - new players like Aoi are the topic, they have confirmed it impacts on their enjoyment, so just stop it.

If the GM's are too lazy to do something about this in the short term in spite of suggestions, then let the outcomes of that laziness fall on them. Personally, I would be doing all I can to keep any new players that arrive before the game is ready. They have advertised it, they now need to be ready for what comes. Just hide player levels. We have identified possible damage to the game by leaving it there, but I have seen no indication of damage to the game by removing it.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby gadu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Maybe the Japanese like fighting super hard bosses and assumed all players would enjoy fighting "bosses" up to 10 times their level.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:48 am

Same 10 people talkin to the same 10 people means this games going nowhere.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 am

Well, the shop still hasn't really changed either, so that should tell you something.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby fargone » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Same 10 people talkin to the same 10 people means this games going nowhere.

Thank you for this meaningful post. We have come to expect this level of input from you.

I'm not sure this thread would have ever made any sense at all if you had not added your zero value spam to it. Please, find some friends.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion