New Players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: New Players

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:51 pm

That is not true.

Actually you probably say that coz your ego is hurt for working on the starters.
Any decent mid tier file (with or without set 11 cards in there) will bash and roflstomp the starters.

Also if you don't understand the game all you need to win is a way to get all the broken stuff and you win easy over and over again.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:That is not true.

Actually you probably say that coz your ego is hurt for working on the starters.
Any decent mid tier file (with or without set 11 cards in there) will bash and roflstomp the starters.

Also if you don't understand the game all you need to win is a way to get all the broken stuff and you win easy over and over again.

So you think that the cards just play themselves and how you use them doesn't matter?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 pm

You tiresome bickering gets old very fast.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Like with most of these discussions it's somewhere in the middle. No need to see it black and white 8-)

If you have the broken cards and play them without much strategy than surely you'll get a decent amount of wins just because the high power of the cards compensate your lack of skill a bit (especially if you play a less complicated files like prenerf dilate emana control to play, over something more complicated like EN). However to truly be good and get a lot of wins you also need the skill to go with it regardless of the cards you play. Simply put if a beginner with a starter can get 1300RP, a beginner of the same skill using broken cards could get 1650RP. Better players using those broken cards might get 2000 RP with them though.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

I have almost never seen low skill players get really high RP with high power cards. I very commonly see high skill players get high RP with high power cards. I also commonly see high skill players get high RP with average power cards.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 pm

This:

GonFreeces31 wrote:I have almost never seen low skill players get really high RP with high power cards. I very commonly see high skill players get high RP with high power cards. I also commonly see high skill players get high RP with average power cards.

Is worth 10 of these:

GonFreeces31 wrote:If you understand how to play the game you can succeed with the starters. If you don't understand how to play the game what cards you use is irrelevant.

People who are starting don't understand the game - I shouldn't have to explain this to you.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:48 pm

So you would suggest that since newbies don't know how to play we should give them OP cards for free so they can get wins?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:So you would suggest that since newbies don't know how to play we should give them OP cards for free so they can get wins?

Don't invent little thoughts in your head and project them at me you acerebral nescient. If you can show where I said that I will take that back, otherwise don't waste your breath on me, I don't like it's smell.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

fargone

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:14 pm

I am quite curious as to why we haven't been seeing any new posters around the forums since Friday-it was quite a significant change (4 competitive starters right off the bat) and nobody decided to say anything? Something is clearly wrong.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Romdeau wrote:I am quite curious as to why we haven't been seeing any new posters around the forums since Friday-it was quite a significant change (4 competitive starters right off the bat) and nobody decided to say anything? Something is clearly wrong.

I am concerned that not enough is changing and that too much emphasis on money gathering is being made.

There is an unspoken fear that Alteil has not changed and will continue as it used to. I am uncertain of the future here. If there are a lot of others feeling the same way, this will be stunting growth and impacting on people's reactions to changes and/or new releases.

I am personally concerned the new starters were released without extensive video support showing how to utilise them and explaining the game. If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you've always had. This job is not finished, yet you have advertised them.

When are we going to see something new to attract new players? Making new starters that you and I could do well with does nothing to improve new gamer experience. Lots of half finished jobs does not impress people, new or old. The emails that go out reminding everyone that altiel is "open" without the words "in development" is also misleading people into thinking it's finished. Not everyone reads the forums, nor should they have to.
GonFreeces31 wrote:

fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion