New Players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: New Players

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm

There are a lot of people here toxic to the community. I still don't understand why people dislike the starters? They are the best ever for Alteil all around. Yep people complain cause they're mid tier Folrart material?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AquasFire3 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I actually like the starters however i think people do need to reach out in the community and help them which.I would be willing to do if there was anyway to let it be known.
AquasFire3

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 pm

The state the current forums are in, I do not think new players should come here. Maybe other people think otherwise?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shadow1798 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm

The starters are clearly much improved, but I fear without a similarly improved tutorial to explain these starters newbies will not actually get better results.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Shadow1798 wrote:The starters are clearly much improved, but I fear without a similarly improved tutorial to explain these starters newbies will not actually get better results.

Did you check out worthings starter videos?
Romdeau

Postby caeser » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:23 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:The state the current forums are in, I do not think new players should come here. Maybe other people think otherwise?

I often try to chat up newbs and encourage them when I play against them. For a long time I would recommend coming to the forum to learn strategies, etc... However, at some point (can't remember when), I stopped even mentioning the forums. Too much troll BS to cut through to get to some actual content. For me to recommend the forum to a new player would take the community to police itself and show some restraint. I don't mind some good natured teasing and spirited debate every now and then, but often it gets taken too far, with pages and pages meaningless bickering.
caeser

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah if I'm ever interested in posting strategy discussions I'd only post them in our guild sub form, not public forums.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Well since we are at four pages I guess I'll chime in.
I think there were some actually good responses. I meant to write this morning on page 1 but deleted thinking this thread was going nowhere.

Gadu,
I would just suggest this. Be nice to new players and offer advice even if it is rejected- welcome to medicine- ( they are probably so overwhelmed it goes over their head) and don't take anything negative from it. That is what i do. I also oftengive free wins to new players and offer them encouragement since the curve is high- remember you are inaguild with a lot of strategy threads and involvement. Look at me for instance. I play lone wolf, i communicate with alot of other players but really strive to make individual files though my ability pales incomparison to say worthing or icyman.

Ugghh wtf, where was that post about seriously overpriced now? Are you f'n kidding? . I mean yes we are still looking at 3 usd per 5 star, 1.50usd/ 4 star, 30 cents pers 3 star, 10 cents per 2 star, and 5cents per 1 star. So a full set will still runyou around 90 usd but that is somewhat mitigated byt 5 of 7 and daily lotto and MM.etc. hopefully inthefuture there will be more things (like every week) so that the net cost of a full future set will be close to 60 usd.

My opinion.
Critique at will.
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm

worthing wrote:
shadowsketch wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I am quite curious as to why we haven't been seeing any new posters around the forums since Friday-it was quite a significant change (4 competitive starters right off the bat) and nobody decided to say anything? Something is clearly wrong.

I don't even know if the new players know there are forums. The only notice I've seen is on the home page, so I don't think many players are seeing that.

In addition, I think some new players are afraid of posting. Some people on the forums just seem unfriendly.

sums it up

To make new players get involved more in the game, Alteil's forum needs to be changed and upgraded. Right now it looks like a mess and no newbie would like to visit in this kind of environment where there are no global mods. I suggest connecting the Alteil game account with the Alteil forum account. For new players, creating two accounts for both is quite tedious, and the forums should adapt to that.

@OP
I hate high-leveled players who think like that. If you expect a highly-competitive Alteil game, then most likely the game population will die. Not all players have skill like you, you selfless... one. We don't want this to become the "survival of the fittest" type of game. Let the new players get connected with the game more by offering some advice like AD said and maybe telling them to participate in the forums.

I for one, do not have high skill to play this game, and I lose a lot, but it doesn't matter as long as I'm interested in playing the game for fun. What would you do if all the newbies leave the game? Who would you play with? Most likely you'll get a limited pool of players. That might be good for you, but BAD for the game itself.
MiKeMiTchi

Postby gadu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 am

I don't have high skill. I just want to play against people who have high skill. I'm sorry my post made some people mad, it was meant to come off as a sarcastic, but it seems like that tone didn't come across.

I can tell that when I play amateurs, they are not having fun. I don't see how they can be having fun when every turn, they don't even have a chance to attack me and I am killing their units round after round. I am not having fun too. It would be nice if a better match pairing system was made.

Iceman, what is astra?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion