Tier List for Alteil?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Tier List for Alteil?

Postby kyriosa » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm

I was just wondering if anyone would like to contribute to a Tier List for the current metagame for Alteil.
Falkow for life..!! And Refess..
kyriosa

Re: Tier List for Alteil?

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 pm

I think it's fairly difficult to come up with a tier list unless you specify how and what you are judging with. File with best possible MAX RP? Most flexible? Least susceptible to counters?

It wouldn't hurt if you contributed yourself a bit to the thread you started either.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree with Romdeau, we need more details please.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 pm

If you give any minor example, even if you do make a mistake it still helps a lot to actually start this debate.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Khiruki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 pm

I'll make a stupid skeleton. Rearrange and debate at will.

DISCLAIMER: Tiers mean crap. Somebody can rock Folrart with a low tier file, just as somebody can tank with high tier. If you totally suck, it won't matter what you play, you'll be mediocre at most. In reverse, somebody skilled can do just fine with something low tier. Crap tier is almost impossible to win with, and requires somebody skilled to fight somebody unskilled. Or use shock factor.

High
Dio File
Mystere File
Urgrant/Chaos Annarose
Mid Refess- Solar Kingdom
Magic Dolls
Wizard Kingdom
Magic Dolls- Vanilla
Carbuncles
Big Lawtia
TJC

Mid
BKR/Jack
Big Red
Mid Blue
Gowen Monsters
Mid Red
Undeads
Pixies
Big Red
Pirates
Mage Soldiers
Command Dolls
Eternal Night
Eternal Morning

Low
True God Church
Mercenary Nation
Dutchy of Crest

Crap Tier
Cutter of the Cord Rush
Hyperbuff Animated Dead

Unranked-No idea where to put them-Most probably fit into mid tier
Assassins
Shrine Knights
Marduk
Grimcount
Big Refess
Big Blue
Crest Spy
Wild Dogs
Mermaids
Sea Serpents/Sea Behemoths
Augments
Generic Gowen Rush
Orks
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Where is martial artists? I'll have you know they're beating the second highest rp by 70 points right now.
Undeads and wild dogs are totally unplayable right now. Especially wild dogs.
Augments are pretty high up there. I've been trying to tell people. Dolls aren't that good. Duchy of crest is really good but I don't have the cards to play it.
Icyman2

Postby Khiruki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Where is martial artists? I'll have you know they're beating the second highest rp by 70 points right now.
Undeads and wild dogs are totally unplayable right now. Especially wild dogs.
Augments are pretty high up there. I've been trying to tell people. Dolls aren't that good. Duchy of crest is really good but I don't have the cards to play it.

Urg. I friggin hate tier lists. Let's just say that all files can win and have some rum and pizza.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby worthing » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:14 am

I'll have you know I am maintaining 1700rp with beltorat kingdom. Yes, i do lift
worthing

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:22 am

worthing wrote:I'll have you know I am maintaining 1700rp with beltorat kingdom. Yes, i do lift

Ah yes, belt kingdom should be placed in tier 1.
Icyman2

Postby AqvasFire2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 am

Belt Kingdom: mid tier I say. If you can keep them disrupted, they're fairly harmless. They're a Gowen snowball in every sense of the word.

Shrine Knights: I say high tier if you use pom first SS and opal carbuncle along with Rasam SSs and Aliria. Normally, Falkow would rock them, but now that they have enough options to put up a fight (SK2->SK1->SK5), it just may be time for them to make a comeback.

WK: I wouldn't say high tier. Definitely not high tier. They're too frail and their damage is too low. Their only claim to anything good is that they can trigger violet SS somewhat reliably and Volfied you into the abyss if you're going heavy on characters.

Dolls: Mid tier at best now thanks to the MD augment nerf.

Urgrant/CFA: definitely not high tier IMO. A level 3 rush will overwhelm it pretty quickly and Lawtia just has Urgrant's number, no two ways about it. Now that you can no longer build up an SP advantage with CFA (that is, play one, play another, get 6 SP back+2 the next turn, snowball that while sacrificing LP into an extra deathmaker), it's a very, very hit or miss file.

Emana/Mystere: I have no idea how Emki gets this to work, but he doesn't seem to play much. Wonder why.

Big Red: Phoenix chick=GG, end of story. TJC also.

Sea serps: solid mid, possibly high depending on how you SS it.

Other stuff:
Big ref: mid tier. Once again, hit or miss. Mid refess and buncles absolutely crush it thanks to heavy defense.
Marduk: not quite sure. Could definitely be high tier (marduk+miffles+TR+bastandora+diondora+Aria+Rubens+Aano+Renally), if you're willing to spend half an hour per game. I think the only reason this wouldn't be high tier is that who in their right mind would have the patience to play this file consistently?
Gowen Rush: mid-high. Kurina+tiger are getting obsolete, though.
AqvasFire2

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion