Forum moderation

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Forum moderation

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 am

Personally I think it's a mistake to try this form of moderation instead of the community self-regulating mod that so many other communities use to great success. What's the need for a frontline moderator to take the punches when you can just have the majority decide what's worthwhile content or not? Have some moderators in the background to take action only when necessary or just to clean up forums (such as moving topics).
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:58 am

That sounds similar to what I wish to see, Rom.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Pulling moderators from the community failed in the past.

Now you are are aiming for the same thing? What happened to making improvements and bettering old systems?

So far, nothing about the game or site has changed. I appreciate all of the work MM is putting in, but what about the rest? You can't just reprogram Alteil to be the same and expect different results.

If you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results you are either doing housework or you are mad.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 pm

The problem with relying on "the majority" and up or down votes is that system only works with a large N. There are only like 10 or 15 people who post on these forums and I'm not sure such a system would work in such an environment.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 pm

It's good either way. Difference is that with more players you get more thumbs down.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Why would a system that has proven to work with very large playerbases work with such a tiny community as this one? Small N polls are highly vulnerable to things like bias and shouldn't be reliable. For example this community is highly prejudiced and would down vote legit things out of spite.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:08 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Why would a system that has proven to work with very large playerbases work with such a tiny community as this one? Small N polls are highly vulnerable to things like bias and shouldn't be reliable. For example this community is highly prejudiced and would down vote legit things out of spite.

Sounds legit to me.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Gon thats your specific problem with the community from what it sounds like.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Thumbs up will list players that agreed ... same as Facebook and other sites, you should stick to your vote with your nickname, which should be revealed in a drop down list along with the others.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:41 pm

I just expressed an opinion that such a system may not work in a small community such as this one. Its an opinion.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion