Forum moderation

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Forum moderation

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I wouldn't mind trying the up/downvote system on a trial basis.
LoneKnight

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am

LoneKnight wrote:I wouldn't mind trying the up/downvote system on a trial basis.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby neviscus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 am

I think it would be worth it to at least try. Give it a little trial and error. If it gives a list of who gave an up/down vote on topics, we could also just figure out who is being immature and downvoting out of spite. So I think it would be something to look into. Maybe for the future. I think there are other areas that could be focused on more. I think a self regulating community would be good, but it would need 2 or 3 mods for spam bots, spamming people, and when things get out of hand in general.
neviscus

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 am

Did someone say spite?

I'll bring the spite!!!!
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 am

CainHyde wrote:
LoneKnight wrote:I wouldn't mind trying the up/downvote system on a trial basis.

Neviscus, not threads. Posts! We should be able to vote up/down posts!
If someone makes a spam post i will for sure downvote it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 am

to the down/up voting system:

great idea, but I would like to have a differentiation between
1. content wise dont like (disagree),
2. atmosphere wise dont like (eg insulting) and
3. contributions wise dislike (irrelevant for the topic),
and also the option for the original poster to make a statement to the voting (eg admit it is justified)
and a filter system for case 2 and 3
and a statistical evaluation of the voting avaible for everyone (to see eg person a tend to downvote person b)
Anima13

Postby neviscus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 am

I actually think that would be a good idea anima. I think having a person justify their post will happen anyway. I think if the up/down voting happens. People should justify their vote. However, your other ideas I agree with. Unless I misunderstood what you meant by the first one.

Also, Pera, I know the up/down system would be for post. Another forum I go to uses the system. What I meant is more like anima's last statement. Being able to see a list of who voted on the posts on the topic, so that people could see which topics are more serious. I probably should have used different wording. Sorry about that.
neviscus

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 am

I think it largely depends on how the voting results will be handled and if necessary executed. If it is a fully automated system, prone to error, I agree with Gon and MM, in that such a gimmick would simply not work in a community of this size. How are you going to acquire a relevant number when there simply aren't enough people to achieve anything worthwhile? What about ghost votes? You are going to need a moderator either way.

And why is it problematic to just HIRE a proper community coordinater/community operations associate/Callitwhatyouwant, like every other respectable company?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 am

Shirozaki wrote:And why is it problematic to just HIRE a proper community coordinater/community operations associate/Callitwhatyouwant, like every other respectable company?

Say what? :shock:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Let the commoners decide what's right.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion