Auction House

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Auction House

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm

It seems to work ok in Urban Rivals? Or does it not? I don't get why they can't just more or less copy the system they have in place over there. Please note that Urban Rivals seems to be a successful game with thousands of players playing the game at any given time.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:08 pm

See UR's market place exploited too.

What i did was camp for minutes for undercosted card. Quit game when i got bored since they weren't allowing free players to trade.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Urkredel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 am

Am I missing something? is the Auction House a rumor, or it has been announced somewhere?
Urkredel

Postby InfernityFan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 am

Urkredel wrote:Am I missing something? is the Auction House a rumor, or it has been announced somewhere?

Not really announced yet, but MM has said in a thread somewhere (I forgot) that their next development sprint will focus on auction house (current sprint is focused on UI). If you want to keep track, here, I am certain most people here already forget :P https://trello.com/board/alteil-11-30-t ... 595f01d6d4

It will probably be added to To-Do soon.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

actually i found out info about the auction house when you mentioned it in the chat ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:50 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:It seems to work ok in Urban Rivals? Or does it not? I don't get why they can't just more or less copy the system they have in place over there. Please note that Urban Rivals seems to be a successful game with thousands of players playing the game at any given time.

To be fair - alteil has no player trading market, and it has around 1000th of the player base. When I played UR, there was no auction house. I don't believe for a second that the auction house is the reason for its success as it is reasonably new when compared to UR's success. Believe me, with the way the UR market works, it also gets worked over by ppl who have been there a long time and accumulated large in game wealth. There are people in my guild there that manipulate the market with their millions of credits.

In spite of that, the marketing model of UR is still set up for a large player base. While the game play sucks really bad, it is overly simple, good for small children to learn some basic math, and is set up from it very foundations to support a large player base that doesn't need to invest a small fortune to find success.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Some players complained that URs suffered from inflation. So a fruit machine was added. Players are given free goes everyday and can get credits from achievements or selling cards back to URs.

The only thing I bother with is the market these days and used to find it oddly addictive for someone who hates capitalism so much!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Jazzock » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 am

*Slightly off topic but meh*

Ropey wrote:The only thing I bother with is the market these days and used to find it oddly addictive for someone who hates capitalism so much!

Sorry, Couldn't resist :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:54 am

I was waiting for someone to come out and say that jazzock :P
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 pm

check out my idea. Original posts here including Logress comments

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14214&start=60

IDEA 2 Keep fm system as it is. Icrease transaction fee and minimum price. Gran gotten in all forms can be used for auction

yeah logress

I had a jisc of your teams ideas from this forum and I just adapted it a bit and added more details. It is just to give you an idea and the exact details may need slight altering.

I very much get you.

OK here is another suggestion which probably works out much simpler

change it to 300%of recycle rate minimum price and only gran can be used to buy cards.

However the seller recieves gran not fm but increase the transaction fee to something like 50%.(although this transaction fee seems very high with 40% being more reasonable)

That way even at the minimum price the seller will a bit more than the the recycle value of the card as gran.
And the high transaction fee will limit the effect of alts and basically give this sale event a maximum recycle rate of 50% which is very good considering the buying is targeted.

The thing with alteil is that a minimum price of 300% is not really optimal for alteils sake if applied to all cards as the recycle rate does not really represent the rarity of the cards and how hard it is to get higher rarity cards as a flat rate of 300% is probably not optimal for all the rarity of cards maybe. For example since 4* and 5* are much harder to get they may warrrant a minimum price recyle rate of 350*% +.
300% flat rate is a rough idea. I am sure you can work out the optimum mimimum % recycle cost of each rarity of card.

This way

so minimum price
1star: 15 gran -8gran fee,
2star:30 gran-15 gran fee
3star:90 gran- 45gran fee
4star;450 gran- 225 gran fee
5star;900 gran- 450 gran fee

so seller gets half the selling price. which is equal to 150% of the normal recyle rate so even at the mimimum price the seller has an incentive to sell as they get 50% more gran than recyling alone.

maximum price
1star rto 3 star:2000 gran- 1000gan fee
4star to 5star:4000 gran- 2000 gran fee

Auction has to be available for a minimum of a 3 days?

[b]The above system is preferble as you do not need to alter the fm system and can leave it as it is.[/b] Hower make sure you test out the auction system thouroughly before it goes live as you said the system is not used to giving gran. So make sure the seller gets the right amount of gran. Also make sure only one copy of the sold card is removed from the seller and one copy gained for the buyer. I am sure this sounds obvious and you know this but it is crucial. As any bugs can lead to massive complications on your part especially if it is exploitable like the unlimited free daily lotto fiasco.

Also bear in mind that if it is an auction the selling price will increase much more as more people bid on it.

Unless you make it a buy it now option.Then you need to increase the minimum price %recyle rate a lot more.

such as idea from above again
Also consider an option to sell cards directly to players but at minimum 1000%recycle rate and 40% transaction fee.

and Consider making it so 1stars are purchasable for fm if seller allows e.g. for a minimum of 2000fm? in current system of fm to make 1stars more accessible for free players if auction is paying player exclusive for buying.

The above ideas are very solid and the mimimum price based of % recycle value and the transaction fee % can be easily altered to make the system more benefical to alteil or to the customers.

Also I almost forgot. Consider making it so only people who have donated to alteil even 1$ can buy (or both buy and sell) in the auction system indefinately. This is what urban rivals do I think and helps limit effect of alts. (However in urban rivals there you also have the option to sell stuff directly to players) and the minimum purchase is 5 dollars in alteil so this needs to be decreased to 1 dollar or even 50 cents. With the added systems of different ways to pay noone will have the excuse not to play the 50cents/1dollar unless they would leave the game anyway. This also encourages free players to spend atleast a little and it is definately worth it atleast to use the auction house. Plus once people start spending atleast a little they are likely to spend again even if it is just modestly but it all adds up.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion