Auction House

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Auction House

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Khiruki wrote:Maybe if there was say, a lvl restriction on using auction house? Firstly, it blocks off most alts. It also keeps newbies from entering and buying/selling something stupid when they are still very new to the game.

Yes this is important.

+ make it so there is a maximum cost for 2 stars and below! That would achieve a lot imo.
Also no FM cards in auction house? What do you think about that?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 pm

DeeGee wrote:You're still working for less than minimum wage.

So is MM and doing events.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I can setup bots to do my dirty work
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby caeser » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Good discussion and thanks again for the replies.

I don't want this thread derailed by a pricing discussion, we have plenty of those. So, looking at it in a vacuum, the obvious question for me is why would game ownership want to do this? Would an option such as this attract more players? Would it actually help generate revenue in a way I'm not thinking of? From what I understand, other games do this, so there is a precedent and I am assuming some data is available out there somewhere.
caeser

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I am sure goblin said something like "this is only immediate way to lower prices" in the alteil chat.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 pm

caeser wrote:Good discussion and thanks again for the replies.

I don't want this thread derailed by a pricing discussion, we have plenty of those. So, looking at it in a vacuum, the obvious question for me is why would game ownership want to do this? Would an option such as this attract more players? Would it actually help generate revenue in a way I'm not thinking of? From what I understand, other games do this, so there is a precedent and I am assuming some data is available out there somewhere.

Well... I'm feeling like i'm done with alteil if they continue the current card sales. aka bored of pulling gowen 5*s when I want refess 5*s. Why do that when I can just walk to walmart and spend money to get exactly what I want instead of something I don't want. lol.

The exs is nice, they let you buy what you want by pinpointing which's why I pretty much buy almost every ex unless I really don't care very much about specific characters in EX.
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm

caeser wrote: So, looking at it in a vacuum, the obvious question for me is why would game ownership want to do this? Would an option such as this attract more players? Would it actually help generate revenue in a way I'm not thinking of? From what I understand, other games do this, so there is a precedent and I am assuming some data is available out there somewhere.

Well...
It might be different than Alteil.
But in one of other game that I played that have auction feature, we the player have limit to the number of card that we can use/own.
And there are several type of card (Something like sphere here), where generally the more card from same type you own is better.
And since the only way to get the card other than auction is lottery/random (that cost real money), you usually will ended up with rare card that don't fit you or more card than your usable card limit.

These one not applicable in Alteil:
By selling them you can get (In Game Money) and buy card you need/want.
Also in that game you can improve your card if you have enough (In Game Money).
Rare card will need LOTS of (In Game Money) and other resources to get upgraded.
Most rare card also give quest that give rare prizes once completed, unlike normal card.

So you have player that want to get stronger card, player that want to own cards with good art, player that want to get rare item, collector who want to try/own all of cards.
That's why people who wanted to get better card will still buy (Real money).
They don't allow alt btw, and since your player name won't appear in auction it kinda hard to buy your own card. Plus you can only give offer once per card. And I think they have some kind of tax%/fee for each successful auction.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 am

Check out the system they have at Urban Rivals. It's so much better. Here are some pros:
- Guaranteed no doubles in a pack (would be similar to no more than 3 copies of a card in a gold box here)
- TRADING
- Can buy specific cards

Why can't Alteil be reasonable like this?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Why can't Alteil be reasonable like this?

Because they are afraid of those mean cheaters that abuse systems, disregarding that no matter what they decide to put up someone is going to abuse the heck out of it. See MM FM.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:36 am

caeser wrote:Good discussion and thanks again for the replies.

We are doing this because people asked to have a better cost per card and allow new users to spend maybe $20 and get a decent low star deck. Our users asked for something, we tried to see what the core issue driving our users request were, and did something that should hopefully take care of that. This reduces randomness which is one of the larger cost factors in the game in theory - we'll see how it works in practice when we implement it and will act accordingly once we see it live.

edit: I still don't like MM. It's not fun, doesn't help the community, and doesn't teach the player anything useful. If the lotto gave gran I doubt people would still play MM.
MysteryMan

Postby CainHyde » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:42 am

I'll still play MM. (Mostly due to fail internet connection occasionally won't let me play in arena at all and MM is faster than 1 match to me.)

Anyway, MM if we wanted to suggest something can we use the bug report form or PM is better?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion