Auction House

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Auction House

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

DeeGee wrote:Those players are content. Without them, you'd have a sandbox of a few spenders playing among themselves with nobody else around to throw in a quirk here and there.

Funny because that's exactly what we got. :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
DeeGee wrote:Those players are content. Without them, you'd have a sandbox of a few spenders playing among themselves with nobody else around to throw in a quirk here and there.

Funny because that's exactly what we got. :lol:

Why do you think I said it?
DeeGee

Postby Anima13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 pm

I would like to keep out of this part of discussion I just would like to bring examples for this:

DeeGee wrote:Name me one thing good for free players that's not good for spending players.

free/easy to accessable cards, increasing the general pwoer creep in folrart and making paying player crying if they think they can win with money alone/ crying for the money they think they lost cause they payed more to get the same card (ignoring the fact they got them much more early)

concrete examples:
grindable rasam making rasam accessable as soul for more ppl.
first prebuilts:
serpent (opening act for a new serpent op crying and the overnerf on vosrot)
en (do i need to say more?)
paying player complaining about prebuilts giving access for ex cards they payed more for.
free set11 for everyone
Anima13

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm

DeeGee wrote:
wakka9ca wrote:
DeeGee wrote:This is why I have yet to see an uber-successful F2P game.

Age of Empires Online is F2P and surprisingly good.

The goal is to satisfy both types of players, not only one of them.

If free players have good options, spending players will certainly have those options, and more. Anything good for free players is good for spending players. Name me one thing good for free players that's not good for spending players.

What I said was exactly what you said so you probably misunderstood.
wakka9ca

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Anima13 wrote:I would like to keep out of this part of discussion I just would like to bring examples for this:

DeeGee wrote:Name me one thing good for free players that's not good for spending players.

free/easy to accessable cards, increasing the general pwoer creep in folrart and making paying player crying if they think they can win with money alone/ crying for the money they think they lost cause they payed more to get the same card (ignoring the fact they got them much more early)

concrete examples:
grindable rasam making rasam accessable as soul for more ppl.
first prebuilts:
serpent (opening act for a new serpent op crying and the overnerf on vosrot)
en (do i need to say more?)
paying player complaining about prebuilts giving access for ex cards they payed more for.
free set11 for everyone

And those paying players who want to win with money alone can leave. What they paid for was getting access to those cards first. Same way that you can get for free a movie on cable 3 years after it came out in theaters.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Well that's true. But i think when you pay for something you actually have in mind a more complete product, which is why i like the auction house, it HELPS.

So of course it will help a lot more if you do have the cards.

Anyways nobody said you need to trade in only new set cards. There are old set cards you can trade in for gran through this auction house.
I probably wouldn't trade my proposition since i might not get anywhere near his value in spent gran, but hey at least i can trade in some shrine knights and get some carbuncles for the gran i earn. That's a good first step.

Of course there are also subpar rares which some like some don't. I am not really happy about my phimilar, so maybe i can sell it and get some useful 4 stars that i actually am happy with. Just an example, not sure i'll trade that in since i do use it occasionally.

I have 2 fire proxies, not sure but maybe just maybe i will trade in one of them! Hah!
Also 3 stars aren't that hard to come by, you could sell a command doll and then buy a raste for your refess deck or whatever you got in mind.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby angelspawns » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm

How about we wait for this Auction House first? I'm curious to see how they will deal with various problems like multi accounts. There once was a thread with all this suggesting things like:

- a lvl cap before you can participate,
- bid with Cards of same or higher rarity (not Gran... :?),
- use FM or even Pt.Cards as downpayment to create and/or participate. - can get (partially?) refunded upon closure.
- trackrecords of all transfers to;
- allow only 1 transfer a week/month between same accounts. (perhaps a script with countdown can be made. A block that's put on all Auctions from same person... put on a timer?)
- timer for making only 1~2 Auctions a week,
- etc?

Just a few ideas that varify to some extend it'll be used by active players and not a quickly made duel-account to exchange lvlup picks to main.
angelspawns

Postby fargone » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I see this auction house as a bad patch on an already worn bike tube.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm

fargone wrote:I see this auction house as a bad patch on an already worn bike tube.

This.

The problem is that management is asking the wrong question. What it should ask is:

"How can we grow the community large enough that even a tiny amount of spending by a small percentage will be enough to cover our costs and make a half-decent salary?"

Instead, what they're asking is:

"Given that we have a tiny community, how can we squeeze as much spending out of each individual player while not making them quit the game?"

Big community vs. small community thinking. Yes, it actually takes some investment and some work to build that initial large community. God forbid you actually have to take a risk when you run a business. Thus far, everything I've seen revolves around squeezing the few players we do have as opposed to gaining more.
DeeGee

Postby gadu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I agree. I've experienced an auction system in one other game and it boiled down to players trying to exploit one another due to greed and was dominated by the big spenders. We already have seen what happens with the greedy model in place now. I'm really skeptical about this auction improving this condition and it might just add/shift the greedy motivations from management to players.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion