Flavor Text Preview of Set 12!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Flavor Text Preview of Set 12!

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are excited for Set 12 so I decided to post some of the translated flavor text and quotes (official, but not final) that I have sitting right in front of me. Enjoy!

Refess
Sungod / Unknown

'…Hear me, being from another world. By divine judgment do I banish you to another dimension.'

When Alphonce and Verlaat fight against Elgandi, the brothers' powers combine and materialize into the advent of this being of light. He is the very being who Abel, founder of the True God Church, was seeking. As the culimination of the True God Church's cardinals' Living God Project, he uses his overwhelming power to return Elgandi to another world.

Solar General / Zagar

'The fighting is over…but will we really be at peace in the future?'

The Solar Kingdom's high general. He was victorious against the Abyssal Forces, and the marriage of Verlaat and Eskatia signified the end of the War of the Sun and Moon. However, Zagar harbored a small, unseen doubt in his heart. That doubt manifests twenty years later in the worst form imaginable.

Holy Commander / Lapierre

'Feels like we've reached a good stopping point. I might just have myself a nice long vacation.'

Commander of Folrart's Shrine Knights. During the War of the Sun and Moon, she took part in the fight against Annarose, and finally won. At a banquet for end of the war, she drinks her favorite wine and makes an important decision about her career. Lapierre leaves the front lines, and twenty years later she retires, passing Lantylit to a young Shrine Knight.

Cardinal / Messala

'Thank you for the report, Violet. The Envoy of Chaos did make a good 'villain', though. Now that the divine awakening has begun, let's move ahead with our purpose.'

One of the True God Church's cardinals. She's feared within the church for her Eyes of Ice. The true mistress of the magic doll Violet X2, she's been working with Gilensa to advance the Living God Project. She learns from Violet's report of the advent of the 'mysterious being,' and begins to advance the project.

Lawtia

Moonlight Princess / Eskatia

'May the world enjoy a long age of peace. Let us join hands to that end, Solar King.'

The woman who ruled the Duchy of Crest. A year after the final battle, she announces to the entire world the end of the war and her marriage to the Solar King. Formerly dressed in black armor, Eskatia now walks the path of world peace while wearing a white veil. However, her intent will be betrayed in twenty years.

Lunar General / Dical

'That was such a long struggle... Now I can finally rest.'

A general in Crest's army, and a remnant of the centaurs. Long ago, Elgandi attacked their village and slaughtered nearly all of them. Dical survived, and with a witch's incantation prolonging his life, he sought his revenge. When Elgandi vanished, the incantation begain to unravel, and Dical in turn quietly vanished from this world.

War Torn Dragonrider / Millia

'…Let's go on Gladeel, and get rid of the corruption that exists in the world.'

The dragon knight who working alongside Alphonce. She takes part in the battle with and helps secure victory against Annarose, who appears during the War of the Sun and Moon. After the war ended she and Alphonce left the battlefield and took to the sky. She never appeared on the stage of history again.

Crest Adjutant / Famille

'A gruesome age has ended. Now each nation must join hands and govern for the good of the world.'

A civil official who distinguished himself after the War of the Sun and Moon. As a subordinate of Guard Captain Afeemina, he assertively established alliances with other nations to rally the Duchy of Crest when it was starting to collapse from within.

Gowen

'The War of the Sun and Moon is over! But we too still have a lot of work to do towards world peace!'

The woman known as the Mercenary Kingdom's 'Princess Without a King.' She acts as the symbol of the kingdom she and her fellows founded. They won against the Envoy of Chaos, in which people all over the world took part, and she announced their victory. The kingdom raised its voices in delight, and at this point she could not imagine the crisis of destruction they'd face in twenty years...

Crimson Hero / Dilate

'I'm no hero. I'm just a guy who chased his dream.'

The young man who defeated the Goddess of Darkness, Noze. His efforts changed the course of the battle for the fate of the world. If Noze managed to reach Elgandi, the outcome of the battle would have been different. After the fight he disappears from the stage of history, but in the legends he's known as the Crimson Hero. Rumors say he lived out his days peacefully, deep in the mountains with a girl he rescued.

Gun God / Ben MacLachlan

'Yuni, Fierte. I'm sorry it looks like I ran away…but now that I have this gun I have to be on my own.'

The man who raised the Mercenary Kingdom's Princess Yuni and Prime Minister Fierte. It was said he died fighting a certain bounty, but actually he was dragged into the intrigue surrounding a legendary gun he acquired He had been living in the underworld, but when he heard the girls were involved in the war for the future of humanity, he fought the Abyssal Forces himself.

Heroic Faerie / Torte

'I'm sorry to leave without saying anything, everyone… But we can't afford to celebrate this victory. There's someone who must be protected…'

Torte was travelling with Princess Emana. As one of the seven faerie heroines, she took part in the battle to protect the world, but it was so gruesome it tormented her heart. During the conflict, the faerie heroines sense an evil even greater than Elgandi. Shortly after the battle, she quietly slips away from her human friends in order to prepare for the fight against the true evil to come. And come it does, twenty years after the end of the war...

Falkow

Wizard Princess / Ariete

'I am... Ariete, princess of the Wizard Kingdom. Let us make an effort toward an ongoing world peace.'

The new princess of the Wizard Kingdom. She obtained a tome of seals called the Book of Record, which controls all magic, and now it's known as the Archive. She's begun to awaken to the fact that she's a princess, and she and her prime minister are now pouring all their energies into rebuilding the kingdom. She abandons her original name, and adopts a new name as its princess.

Goddess of Darkness / Noze

'Okay, fine! I'll show you what happens when I get serious! So you better not expect to ever leave here alive!'

Noze, having absorbed Galdirea, had become the goddess of darkness. She had use her own power to make servants to defeat the hero Dilate, but they were all beaten and she was forced into a corner. Then, before she could reach her master Elgandi, she was stopped by the Crimson Hero and his companions. She was to be used by Elgandi as a device to manipulate causality. It appears history would have taken a very different turn had she managed to arrive at the final showdown.

Regus Paladin / Ibert

'It's still not too late to recover. That's what makes us human. We'll make this a peaceful world, even if that idiot isn't around.'

A man who fought the Goddess of Darkness as Dilate's friend, rival, and ally. After the battle ends, he parts ways with Dilate, and devotes himself to restoring the collapsed Wizard Kingdom. He used to dislike serving his kingdom, but after winning the recent conflict he decided willingly to use his powers for his native land. ...However, he meets with a tragic fate twenty years from now.

Paladin Captain / Mirelia

'Let's watch over Bernet until she can stand on her own.'

The commander of the reborn Wizard Kingdom's knights. She assumes this office in order to watch over Bernet, who surmounted the collapse of the Wizard Kingdom, became its princess, and changed her name. Of Regus's paladins besides Mirelia and Ibert, Larut and Inzaghi died in battle, Durendal becomes the world's enemy, and Distrier ends up embarking on a roving journey in pursuit of Durendal.

Multisphere

New God of Evil / Elgandi

'Game over for me, huh…? …Well, looks like I'm not going to die, I'll have extra lives in the next world.'

Elgandi is banished by the power of a being of light who suddenly appears. Unable to return to his original world, what kinds of evil deeds will he commit in this world he's been banished to? His final words are 'Even with me gone, this world won't be at peace. In fact, you'd probably have been happier if I'd become your god. Not that you know what I mean... yet.' The meaning of this becomes clear twenty years later.

Guide of Causality / Fellana

'This is the gate that takes you to the gods of the world. …Just one more step forward, and you can become a god.'

Fellana was abducted and taken to Elgandi when the Wizard Kingdom collapsed. Together with Sumer, she opened the gate of causality for Elgandi. Why she did this for him is unknown, but it seems something Sumer said to her had some influence.

Keeper of Causality / Sumer

'Eeh-hehe, this is a crossroad of destinies. Now, the rest is a race against time.'

Sumer was researching the laws of cause and effect under Elgandi. As Fellana cooperates with her in this, they succeed in opening the door to causuality. However, the Sumer who was helping Elgandi turned out to be a fake, a body double made by the real her. She said to Fellana 'I'm waiting in the arms of fate', and then she vanished.

Alright that's it, I hope you enjoyed reading up on the stories and background of our newest set's character cards!
Romdeau

Re: Flavor Text Preview of Set 12!

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

So have you thought of some skills that resemble drunk lapiere?
Also from the story and pictures, Elgandi reminds me of Aizen from bleach. Am i the only one who feels this way?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Regarding Elgandi, that's a pretty spot on comparison. Story wise and his art, he seems to be quite similar. And as for Lapierre's drunkness and her skills...well we really don't pay too much attention to that sort of thing. She is quite strong though, rest assured.
Romdeau

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 pm

So I suppose the story picks up 20 years later with evil Verlaat?
DeeGee

Postby Khiruki » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 pm

So Violet was working for the Church. Traitor dolly still cute though.

.....IBERT DIES? D:
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Khiruki wrote:So Violet was working for the Church. Traitor dolly still cute though.

.....IBERT DIES? D:

I'd consider working for a sect of the church not named Gilensa a lot less evil than working for the abyssal forces. Seems Ibert's one of the people that gets X_x'd by evil Verlaat.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 pm

A church can and does offer misguiding teachings. You are supposed to follow like a sheep and not ask too many questions that undermine their already flawed logic.

Why doesn't any religion / religious person ever tell you do some research and form your own opinion. Imo best representative for evil is the church.

Also if you check the flavor text you should notice this bit:
The Envoy of Chaos did make a good 'villain', though.

And if you read the history of religions you'll find upsetting facts. See what i found most interesting is how pagan elements were introduced into christianity to gain more believers. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:38 pm

The hell, what's up with those lots of "20 years later...". I hate cliffhanger ;_; Still, thanks for sharing Rom!
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

does that means the text where characters talk to each other in mid battle is coming back? cuz we've been missing them for few sets now.
Callonia

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:05 pm

InfernityFan wrote:The hell, what's up with those lots of "20 years later...". I hate cliffhanger ;_; Still, thanks for sharing Rom!

You know...timeskips? It seems this is the end of the threadbare story we've had A1, which was war between sun and moon->battle for holy realm->fall of WK->battle Elgandi.
DeeGee

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion