Who will shell out some money to buy set 12 boosters/boxes?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Who will shell out some money to buy set 12 boosters/boxes?

Postby ICAC123 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I know I won't: will wait until they release the aucttion house.

Right now the CPC of this game is still terrible and they pretty much changed nothing since they took the game over from gamepot.
ICAC123

Re: Who will shell out some money to buy set 12 boosters/box

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:29 pm

I think for the most part they did a pretty good design job. So I would say that the cards are worth buying (for the most part). There is some boring stuff (TGC, Merc Nation particularly), but there are some pretty cool new gowen characters, mid-Refess dudes, crest units, and some WK units that will make WK versions no longer dependent on mage knight.

So just saying, that if someone was willing to spend money, I think they would be content with the product (for the most part).
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:31 pm

I will spend money on set 12.
Icyman2

Postby hexagram » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Sometimes I want to spend to support the game but I have made spending not an option for myself. The biggest barrier is the first. Targeted spending seems best for really good deals or high recycle rate -a combination like 1/2star weekly lotto or 500 gran prebuilts are best.

I guess random spending can be good with decent recycle rates. But I see it as a formof gambling and we all know the house always wins. But ok for those who do not mind playing with what they get though can get junk and lack playsets

Believe in or not I am a free player with a few prebuilts and decent files and am enjoying being a free player. But then again time is money. Blacksunrx was a very successful free player but only really played high% win files though I am happy with 50/50 usually.
Last edited by hexagram on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm

hexagram wrote:Sometimes I want to spend to support the game but I have made spending not an option for myself. The biggest barrier is the first. Targeted spending seems best for really good deals or high recycle rate -a combination like 1/2star weekly lotto or 500 gran prebuilts are best.

I guess random spending can be goid with decent recycle rates. But I see it as a formof gambling and we all know the house always wins. But ok for those who do not mind playing with what they get though can get junk and lack playsets

Believe in or not I am a free player with a file prebuilts and decent files and am enjoying being a free player. But then again time is money. Blacksunrx was a very successful free player but only really played high% win files.

Course I think the biggest problem is that the most **** useless cards that gets thrown out of a set sometimes. Now if every card was useful, now we're talking (and spending). Blacksun only played bkr jack.
Icyman2

Postby ICAC123 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:11 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I think for the most part they did a pretty good design job. So I would say that the cards are worth buying (for the most part). There is some boring stuff (TGC, Merc Nation particularly), but there are some pretty cool new gowen characters, mid-Refess dudes, crest units, and some WK units that will make WK versions no longer dependent on mage knight.

So just saying, that if someone was willing to spend money, I think they would be content with the product (for the most part).

That's maybe true for someone, who is ready to spend like 100 - 200$ upon release. I'm willing to spend 10 - 15$, so how high are my chances to get 3 copies of a specific 3 star card? Probably next to zero. And how high are my chances to get a bunch of useless cards, which I can't even use properly because I lack a 3rd copy?

I really wanna know how many players were rage quitting alteil after a new set release.

My advice for new players: wait for the auction house and save your gran until then.
ICAC123

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Unless you are willing to spend at least $50 I don't think it is worth purchasing any of set 12. So I don't think anyone should purchase these cards unless they are considering spending a significant amount.

Even then, the problem remains that a lot of these cards are useless unless you have other specific cards. For example most of the new crest cards will be useless unless you have crest paladin or afeemina. There are some new mercs, but they don't work by themselves, etc.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Right now I'd rather pick up the EX set than set 12.

So I say yes, just not right now.
shadowsketch

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 pm

shadowsketch wrote:Right now I'd rather pick up the EX set than set 12.

So I say yes, just not right now.

You won't be able to judge that one way or the other until we release Set 12 on Friday.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 pm

It's certain the randomness will be kept no?

Overall ex sets even with the huge cost you can for example get 3 packs of one sphere and leave it at that. I can't say the same about a set of 60 cards.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion