Chaos Anna

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Chaos Anna

Postby gadu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:19 pm

My favorite aspect about this card is that she pays her "close and send to cemetary" cost/refund up front because this makes her "immune" to removal SS, removal units, and removal grims (which were running rampant in all my matches).

I couldn't help but grin when Miandela/Oeste failed to achieve anything, Dio could only sit there staring at her 9 SP, Nereis/Sylph worked against my opponent, Legrye wasted his open skill, and Shelby Pixy returned in vain. Anna even laughed at a couple of Assassains who managed to bury her with no significant impact.

I enjoy the Counter Attack combo since it's the most SP efficient use of this card. 4 SP (+2 from Anna) to field wipe up to 120 DMG not only puts rush files in line but even makes Big Noze QQ. I also found out it stops Assassain.

The thing I don't like about this card is that there seems to be no reason to play anything else besides this card given the chance. I have 5 other units in my file besides Anna and the only match where I brought out a unit besides Anna was against Big Blue.

I'm also not crazy about her target engage open. Have you ever thought Belus start skill can't get any scarier? Well Anna's skill powercreeps the hell out of one of the best Lawt cards in the game by having target engage to any unit on open @_@.

I think my file sucks btw. It's not Urgrant or anything meta special. I just get Anna out early in attempts to get through some of the opponents SS (especially the removals which were all over the place) and she ended beating everybody's entire file except big blue which needed a little extra.

If she gets nerfed, I'd wager it will be in making her open random target and/or the attack buff being reduced.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Re: Chaos Anna

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm

When I play her what really annoys me is not being able to play a character after unless I wait for 3 freaking turns. Wtf. There aren't many strong units and there are hardly any to go along with Anna.

Wish scarrion wouldn't suck. I'd use him instead.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Heh, I use Scarrion in my file, but I wish his skill cost 2 SP instead of 3. Then he would suck less and his power level would be slightly better (as it should be) than cards like Chaos Absorbtion or that card where the elf is peeing in the river.
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

People only think Scarrion in bad cause he requires a very specific high rarity high skill file. I've used him in the past and been really happy with the results. He's a strong card that most people just use poorly.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Muklas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Or just don't have the cards to make him tick, as the one time I saw him do work the file only consisted of 4-star and up cards along with some impossible to get EX cards.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I might sell mine through AH one day and get a good 5 star for it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Muklas wrote:Or just don't have the cards to make him tick, as the one time I saw him do work the file only consisted of 4-star and up cards along with some impossible to get EX cards.

Yeah big lawtia is something that design has done a horrible job with, in general. It's like 100% reliant on having Zu, deathmaker, etc....
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 pm

What were the other rares, mmuklas?

dical? proposition?
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:What were the other rares, mmuklas?

dical? proposition?

I used Dical too, but seems kind of inferior now that Gaiasoul can kill and subtract LP for the same cost as Dical.

Gon, teach me how to use Scarrion. :D
gadu

Postby DeeGee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:46 am

CFA can be very hit or miss. I mean basically, there's no guarantees with her. Either you can lock your opponent up, get 3 CFA on the field and just wreck everything, or they die as fast as they come down, and while you're getting no SP (spending 7, get 5, get 2 next turn), your opponent is just hitting your LP while you don't develop field. Counterattack IMO is basically a must with her because if you just get put on the LP treadmill, then it's game over.

Not to mention that in both cases (Urgrant and Big Lawt), you're going to get iczered hard if your opponent is at all decent, meaning that in some cases, they don't need to beat you on the field--they just need to do enough damage that your own CFA kills you.

Conclusion: she can be powerful, but she can also get you killed. Fair card.
DeeGee

Return to Alteil General Discussion