Alteil's perception in other games' forums

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Alteil's perception in other games' forums

Postby caeser » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Please keep this topic on point and discuss the points I bring up below please. Because of the content, this thread could easily degenerate into another pricing discussion, which I would like to avoid, as we have a plethora of them already. Anyway, on to the discussion -

So I'm reading through Sprint #3 thread and I see where Alteil players are called "cash warriors" in the forums of other games. Being involved in marketing and sales IRL, I found this revelation to be disturbing and I wanted to ask the community a couple of questions:

1. Is this the prevalent viewpoint of Alteil in other games' forums and the gaming community at large? Maybe Logress & Co already have the answer to this...

2. How do the Alteil players in these forums respond to this, if at all?

From a marketing standpoint, I think the second question is very important. I know we have players that are frustrated with the pace of changes and the pricing, openly airing their points of view on these forums. However, when confronted by these comments (i.e. "cash warriors") outside these forums, I am hoping our players have a more measured response or they focus on what they like about Alteil. What they post will carry a lot of weight for those who haven't actually played the game. I am not suggesting anyone lie or try to recruit other players if they vehemently disagree with Alteil's policies. What I am suggesting is that as a community, we are all stakeholders in Alteil's success. Everyone we interact with on other forums are potential players that we can either drive away, or maybe pique their interest to try it out.

Ehh... I think that is all I wanted to say. Tired, so not sure how coherent that turned out or if I hit all the points I wanted to make. Anyway, discuss, troll, flame, whatever... I hope we do get a good discussion out of it though! Again, please keep it on point. Not the reasons behind Alteil's image, but what that image is and how our community handles it. Thanks.
caeser

Re: Alteil's perception in other games' forums

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 pm

caeser wrote:1. Is this the prevalent viewpoint of Alteil in other games' forums and the gaming community at large? Maybe Logress & Co already have the answer to this...

2. How do the Alteil players in these forums respond to this, if at all?.

1. I doubt alteil is widely known. If it's mentioned on other forums then it's mostly done by our own players that either quit or try out different game.
I'd like to know which are these "OTHER FORUMS" in order to reduce any extra false aspects created by that statement.

2. It's true. Give us a hand? Help us shoot'em (the overlords), please?

Here are some facts:
In early sets (set 1-3) there were quite a lot of people that spent 500 - 1000 $ and quit. One guy raged so much at alteil's greed he recycled his first 3 full sets and quit to never return. His reason was simple, if he already spent a 1000 to get all cards why would he not get at least few cards for free from the new set.
He left, console games cost far less and are more fun.

To get full card sets of first 7 sets or so i remember someone spent 1500 $ during some lotto rarity increase event, while someone else spent 2500 $ (well above 2000 which is way too much). Anyways huge sums like that.

As you can see, there's no way around it. You have to admit the truth. If you want to get the full game, better don't, you're better of quitting and simply forgetting about it, reason why it's better not even giving one single more cent. Besides i personally spent enough and far more than i spend for any game out there. Not even these days do i spend so much on any single game, even starcraft with its trilogy if i will buy the sequels on release will not cost that much. Sigh!

It's overcosted. Simple as that. Why should we have to pay so damn much to get the full game?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm unsure of what you are really asking. No one knows of this game. I have tried to promote this game in other card game forums, but they are all to fixed and bigoted as Ateil players are. Just read some of the communities opinions of other games. Ateil is a microcosm. I have spent untold amounts on this game. It is far to expensive to be mainstream. How do I feel about the money I have spent? I took it like a man when I thought the game had closed. Money means nothing to me. What I spend on Alteil I don't spend elsewhere.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby caeser » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I'd like to know which are these "OTHER FORUMS" in order to reduce any extra false aspects created by that statement.

Don't know. Maybe whomever made that post would share with us?
caeser

Postby Khiruki » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 pm

caeser wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:I'd like to know which are these "OTHER FORUMS" in order to reduce any extra false aspects created by that statement.

Don't know. Maybe whomever made that post would share with us?

I think the cash warriors thing came from the Sword Girls forum. Or at least that's the one I know of.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Romdeau » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 pm

The bigger problem Alteil has to overcome is that there have been dozens of crappy card games made in recent years. A lot of these games were just completely lacking, and as a result the market for online CCG has been flooded with mediocre product. As a result, a lot of our potential consumers have been turned off by online CCGs due to past experience. However, a lot of these people (when egged on in person by an Apocoplay employee) really seem to enjoy Alteil once they have learned the basics and have played a few games. So Alteil certainly has the potential to get people excited and have fun, we just need to figure out a way to get over the "ehhh it's just one of those crappy Korean/Japanese CCGs" knee jerk response a lot of people have.
Romdeau

Postby caeser » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Ropey wrote:No one knows of this game. I have tried to promote this game in other card game forums, but they are all to fixed and bigoted as Ateil players are.

Well, this is good to know. This is the only online game I play, so this is why I asked.

Khiruki wrote:I think the cash warriors thing came from the Sword Girls forum. Or at least that's the one I know of.

Hmmm....Maybe a former disgruntled Alteil player...I know I've seen Sword Girls mentioned a bunch of time on the forums here.

Romdeau wrote:The bigger problem Alteil has to overcome is that there have been dozens of crappy card games made in recent years. A lot of these games were just completely lacking, and as a result the market for online CCG has been flooded with mediocre product. As a result, a lot of our potential consumers have been turned off by online CCGs due to past experience. However, a lot of these people (when egged on in person by an Apocoplay employee) really seem to enjoy Alteil once they have learned the basics and have played a few games. So Alteil certainly has the potential to get people excited and have fun, we just need to figure out a way to get over the "ehhh it's just one of those crappy Korean/Japanese CCGs" knee jerk response a lot of people have.

Thanks Rom. Great insight. Sound like there's a lot of marketing work to do, but maybe a great tagline for advertising - "Alteil, not just another crappy CCG" ;)
caeser

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 am

Well, It's definitely a expensive game to play if you want 3x playset of everything which sucks.
Its actually the main reason why Alteil always fail in usa.

2nd reason, Refess sphere sucks compared to other sphere but that's all.

Alteil just never been willing to go jog that last mile to be a good game.

Even my time in world of tanks is exceeding cheap.
I have like what, 70% of the **** tech tree, and almost got all the tanks so I can play whatever Whenever I feel like it. I spent some money on direct buys like, You buy this KV-5, you get KV-5.

No BS like, spend 50$ and you won't get KV-5 because our RNG generator said nah, no, no kv5 for you because lulz. Spend more money for more trys. When you consider the fact it's digital goods, freely reproduced for fraction of the cost. Its not a surprise why people go nah, no, left.

Just that simple.
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 am

and halt.

You shouldn't be comparing to other F2P models when they are not CCG/TCG:

I can get a full game of FFXIII for 10 bucks and it has better graphics.
For 2 bucks, I can get a complete set of poker cards and it has over 100 different game types.

I think the only comparable comparison is MTG Online, just as expensive but they have trading.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby DeeGee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:06 am

Actually in fairness, Alteil isn't as expensive as MtG since you can slowly but surely get something for free. Whether it'll be any good by the time you get it (or whether you'll even still be playing) is a different question. If MtG had some way to earn cards for free by excessive grinding...omfg...
DeeGee

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion