Alteil's perception in other games' forums

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Alteil's perception in other games' forums

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 am

Icyglare wrote:and halt. You shouldn't be comparing to other F2P models when they are not CCG/TCG:

Why not? I simply want something to play that's good for free players. WoT can fulfill that desire not alteil.

There's no disadvantages whatsoever except for premium account which uh lets you have 2 times as much silver/exp gain from a battle. And that's it. Nothing else, I can get gold from participating in clan wars if I wanted to.

My Freebie Tanks isn't weaker than any gold only tanks.

In fact, Premium tanks is weaker than free tanks. But that's fine because premium's only purpose is to help you grind silver and that's it. And premium tanks tend to be lulzy. TOG II for example.

CCG or tank battles just because they're two different genres doesn't mean anything to me. I simply don't care. I'd wager there's people out there that would think the same as me. Because noone is a unique and beautiful individual snowflake. Except that people who thinks the same likely has left for other games already. I'm only still here cuz i'm just that crazy.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:12 am

With or without comparison there still is that retarded high cost on getting the full game.

Do people usually have 2000$ loose money they want to spend on a single random game? Let's be serious.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1873-holid ... s-preview/

See, No spend 10000$$ and still don't get what you want.
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 pm

The only reason why people spend so much is that insistent need to collect everything along with the I need it now mentality. I barely spent anything on this game and I feel fine.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 pm

And if we all acted like you? You still think the game would be here? The only reason you feel fine is because others spent so the company could make offers and promos to players like yourself. So stop being so smug.
Last edited by Ropey on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Icyglare wrote:The only reason why people spend so much is that insistent need to collect everything along with the I need it now mentality.

So true. This doesn't apply to JUST alteil tho.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyglare » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Ropey wrote:And if we all acted like you? You still think the game would be here? The only reason you feel fine is because others spent so the company could make offers and promos to players like yourself. So stop being so smug.

2 things would have happened, either the game would have went under or changed it's marketing to something that would have worked.

You want a thank you for patronizing the site so I can play? Thank you Ropey.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Icyglare wrote:... or changed it's marketing to something that would have worked

they might go under again

i still wait for an actual change
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:31 pm

I still think Alteil will go down. Six months?

You are proof that things do work around here. I imagine many others as I once was are happy with collecting. I have taken great advantage of the offers and promos in the past. It's not until you get over three quarters of the cards that you realize that it is no longer economical to carry on spending. I don't really care that I will never have the whole set I just want the cards I want, and I'm frustrated atm that players such as myself are not given more opportunity to fill holes in their collections. I think the company owe us this. It is not hard to tell how much I have invested in the game you only have to look at how long my premium membership runs for.

Until Altei starts showing some consideration for players like myself the forums will continue to glow with unsatisfied customers. Early on in my trade I was taught how to deal with customers like that. You calm the situation with offers to put things right and where possible keep the unhappy customer away from your happy ones, as these thing are contagious. Any one new or thinking of playing Alteil that reads the forums first?

Thank you for the thank you :)
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby DeeGee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 pm

The problem is that in order for new cards to be useful, they have to be more useful than all the other cards before them. So if for whatever reason they aren't, then either you have to nerf past metas (see: BKR, WK, Serpent, augments, Urgrant, anything dependent on RFA to compete) or make the new cards obnoxiously OP.

It's unsustainable, and a prime reason that M:tG has the whole type-2 rotation mechanic.
DeeGee

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion