Why dont anyone get on the game?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Why dont anyone get on the game?

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Kyoshi wrote:
numerrik wrote:Mine is deleted too. I wonder what our alpha prizes will be.

It would happen to be the special avatars if you haven't been keeping up with the forums. You can see them on the main Alteil page. Or are those the Beta ones?

No offense, cause I don't think you were trying to be mean, but you might want to check your information before chastising some one else for not keeping up with the forums. As you questioned, the avatars that have been revealed were indeed said to be beta prizes. To quote GaoGaiGirl from her blog where she revealed the first of the beta avatars she was working on:
"So I'm busy working away at your beta presents (alphas you'll be getting extra stuff on top of the beta presentos)."

So yeah, we don't know what the alpha prizes will be, just that they'll be "extra stuff" in addition to the beta avatars. Oh, and that if you were part of the alpha, even if you didn't manage to sign in, you'll still be receiving whatever the "extra stuff" happens to be.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Kyoshi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Wasn't meant to be an attacking comment I was just saying "if you weren't". I was just saying because there are many that probably don't get the luxury of being able to check whenever they want to. And ya I thought they were the beta prizes and I made the comment in my post about it.

Or are those the Beta ones?

And I believe the Alpha prizes will be the spinning wheel thing as pets like one of the Admins said. xP

And by the way I took no offense to what you said Dan.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby reydien » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:30 am

DanTheTimid wrote:No offense, cause I don't think you were trying to be mean, but you might want to check your information before chastising some one else for not keeping up with the forums. As you questioned, the avatars that have been revealed were indeed said to be beta prizes. To quote GaoGaiGirl from her blog where she revealed the first of the beta avatars she was working on:
"So I'm busy working away at your beta presents (alphas you'll be getting extra stuff on top of the beta presentos)."

So yeah, we don't know what the alpha prizes will be, just that they'll be "extra stuff" in addition to the beta avatars. Oh, and that if you were part of the alpha, even if you didn't manage to sign in, you'll still be receiving whatever the "extra stuff" happens to be.

No offense, cause I don't think you were trying to be mean, but you might want to check the tone of your post before chastising someone else for trying to answer a question but admits to being unsure of their answer. A simple "Yeah, the avatars they previewed are the beta reward (link here), we don't know what the alpha reward is going to be," could have provided the same amount of information faster and with less (unintentional) bite.

I'm not trying to aggravate your or anything, I'm just trying to help, because even if the person you were talking to doesn't take offense, other people (who can only judge your attitude based on your posts) might come away with the wrong idea about the kind of poster you are.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:27 am

reydien wrote:No offense, cause I don't think you were trying to be mean, but you might want to check the tone of your post before chastising someone else for trying to answer a question but admits to being unsure of their answer. A simple "Yeah, the avatars they previewed are the beta reward (link here), we don't know what the alpha reward is going to be," could have provided the same amount of information faster and with less (unintentional) bite.

I'm not trying to aggravate your or anything, I'm just trying to help, because even if the person you were talking to doesn't take offense, other people (who can only judge your attitude based on your posts) might come away with the wrong idea about the kind of poster you are.

Wow you've been kind of riding me a little lately, seems like you've hunted down and nitpicked at several of my posts. ;) Honestly though, if there's something to nitpick then its my fault for not being a better poster, my apologies. In the case of the post your referring to here, I was a little hesitant to post it it and tried to reword it in a way that was less pompous or angry sounding, but in the end still posted it because I've interacted in several other topics with Kyoshi before and figured he'd understand I was just trying to give advice to his posting style (which I had felt came off a little harsher then he intended). I was still a little worried, but when he replied back saying he took no offense and confirming what I expected that he didn't mean to come off harsh at all I felt re-assured.

Regardless I still wasn't really happy with the post cause as you pointed out it was still unnecessarily chastising, so trust me you didn't aggravate me. I expected some one to make a comment like that on it at some point. I'd edit the post but there's really not point anymore. All I can do is learn from this post and find more friendly ways to respond to situations like this in the future.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion