Set 12 Design

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 Design

Postby Kemious » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:21 am

InfernityFan wrote:Pretty sure she has a second subtype, a rather new one too: 超力兵, though maybe it's different in A2. Also, I didn't know you are in the test team Kemious :D

Yeah I'm the designated Refess guy. Though I'm sure if you ask some of the other testers I'm the one responsible for consistently trying to nerf Refess :lol: .. I jest. Yeah its probably because she's a brand new subtype that it got lost when she moved over and no one really thought much of it. If they're enough of her old subtype to be viable then we'll probably fix it.... probably... if we remember...
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby InfernityFan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:27 am

What's up with the Spirit Witch and her action skill? Someone trying to splash Belltia into Undead or something?
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:34 am

InfernityFan wrote:What's up with the Spirit Witch and her action skill? Someone trying to splash Belltia into Undead or something?

That's an option if you want. I don't think anything specific was in mind for that action skill. Use your imagination.
Romdeau

Postby CainHyde » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:44 am

Kemious wrote:Yeah I'm the designated Refess guy. Though I'm sure if you ask some of the other testers I'm the one responsible for consistently trying to nerf Refess :lol: .. I jest. Yeah its probably because she's a brand new subtype that it got lost when she moved over and no one really thought much of it. If they're enough of her old subtype to be viable then we'll probably fix it.... probably... if we remember...

I'm going to remember this to remind you again once the other subtype released.
If someone do the set preview of course. XD

Anyway, yeah... I have bad feeling regarding Spirit Witch ability too. >.>

Also... is it only me or Guardian STILL the best early Solar Kingdom tank?
Or at least for Lv 4, 3, 2, and 1 Solar Kingdom tribe.
Well her or Blessed Armor Knight. But I don't have 3x Blessed Armor Knight so shrug.
Catira is good too, but she can kill like a cannon too and hurt friendly unit so not really a tank IMO.

Cause that's my impression after looking at the card list.
I already tried Lumira from set 11, but Guardian still look to be more reliable than her.
And the new Lv 4 Solar Kingdom card from set 12 still inferior as reliable tank.
---
Btw I find it funny that HP/Def of Lapierre decrease after her armor in the card art decreases. :lol:
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby NitroDino » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:52 am

InfernityFan wrote:What's up with the Spirit Witch and her action skill? Someone trying to splash Belltia into Undead or something?

dualsphere Undead from set 14

https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=1743
NitroDino

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:07 am

The design for the 5* cards were pretty good. The only thing that made me question was Eskatia and Dical.

Eskatia.... her start skill is not too bad considering that it -1 sp to both sides, but why both sides? This seems kind of excessive. There is a card called Mad Priest that I find, does the -1 sp thing much better than Eskatia. Mad Priest goes beyond 3 turns if he stand by and that is really how long he will last. Eskatia has the same amount of HP, without the Revive for 0 sp and has a negative effect towards the owner of the card. Why would you choose her over another card that does almost the same but no negative effects? Also her action skill is very lack luster. I know that it gives back the sp from sphere, but most of the time people would like to keep it. And the gain from the sp is even. 2 sphere drop for +2 sp? What is that supposed to accomplish? Shouldn't it be like 1 sphere drop for +2 sp? or change the wording from "Only When Lawtia is 2 or higher" to "Lawtia is 1 or higher".

Dical...I do not understand why it would be so hard for him to get the Fade Away down. With only 1 agi he would seriously need a lot of luck and good front liners with a unit that can kill itself to trigger Centaur Rage to lead into the Fade Away. And even if he gets the Centaur Rage he is still only 1 agi... he will seriously immediately die without triggering the Fade Away. Couldn't he have a status that indicates that he can use Fade Away even if he dies so the Focus does not go away? It seems to me that the Original Dical does a much better job at hitting the LP directly than the new one. With 4 agi and 90 hp the Original can take a hit and still dish out the LP hit. I understand that Original is level 6 but the setup for the new Dical is ridiculous.

The new Dical also has a problem with killing himself... I understand that the story should fit the skill. He is fading away. But for him to reach 0 hp just to use this LP hit is kinda stupid. If it hit for 2 LP I would understand why it is necessary for the 0 HP and the fact that he needs the set up from Centaur Rage to even trigger Fade away. As it stands why is the new Dical not even comparable to the Original one?
ZeroX1999

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:13 am

Eskatia is a very powerful support unit, she is one of the only units in the game with a free start skill sp drain and the idea is to burn all your sp into your sphere levels and playing a unit-and then force your opponent to do the same or get drained. I have found this ability to be incredibly strong and she is a card you can design your entire file around to maximize it's potential. She has a high skill cap.

His lancer is quite strong, it deals a base damage of 60 and scales double with each point of AT-it's also incredibly cheap for it's overall effect (1sp for a super lance with LP drain)-this is why he has the added cost of killing himself.
Romdeau

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:18 am

Romdeau wrote:Eskatia is a very powerful support unit, she is one of the only units in the game with a free start skill sp drain and the idea is to burn all your sp into your sphere levels and playing a unit-and then force your opponent to do the same or get drained. I have found this ability to be incredibly strong and she is a card you can design your entire file around to maximize it's potential. She has a high skill cap.

OK, I can see the Eskatia now, but why remove the 0 SP Revive?

Romdeau wrote:His lancer is quite strong, it deals a base damage of 60 and scales double with each point of AT-it's also incredibly cheap for it's overall effect (1sp for a super lance with LP drain)-this is why he has the added cost of killing himself.

I could understand the killing himself and the fact that it does 60 damage is a good thing, but the set up to lead into it is pretty harsh. If the lead up didn't need a unit to be closed I could see why the cost of killing himself in necessary. But at this point in time, I would suspect that no one would use him for the harsh set up needed. Couldn't his agi be 2 at least?
ZeroX1999

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:29 am

Eskatia never had a free revive to begin with anyway, I don't understand.

I think you're underestimating a row 2 unit with 60hp in a tribal that is known to scale massive amounts of AT. If you want his AGI to be 2, buff him with Famille.
Romdeau

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:41 am

Romdeau wrote:Eskatia never had a free revive to begin with anyway, I don't understand.

Um... The one that can turn the field into night as a start skill? She had the revive for 0 sp and the new Eskatia is basically the same level...
ZeroX1999

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion