Set 12 Design

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 Design

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:25 pm

I've only every tried duchy once and they didn't suit my style, but I do have the EX Dragon Rider ....any good?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Shock trooper with ignition is amazing. Maybe i should build a competitive folrart file around that combo once i get 3 shock troopers. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby harvest4god » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 pm

CainHyde wrote:Well... at the very least we have 3 card designer:
1. Rom
2. Kemious
3. Logress

The rest either do not exist or too shy to tell everyone they are one too.
I think Harvest might be a tester/card designer, but not sure about him.

I am a tester but I do is throw ideas out, Logress gets final say on card designs.
harvest4god

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Tried out duchy of crest yesterday, Ran into big red and wiz kingdom return abusers.

Duchy of crest went boom and straight to cem + file. I give up and spam lvl 4 solar kingdom rush again.

Don't get all the butthurt about crest blitz swordwoman thingie, I gained 60 atk every turn on her, she just didn't get to attack or act, she just got removed during open and SS phases, haven't attacked even once with her yet. Allind blah blah. No point, if i was going to use her, It will be the close skill against the abusers.

Otherwise, pray that you get better matchups than I do.

Duchy of crest gets roflstomped even harder than solar kingdom because they're a field battler like solar kingdom while majority of people in folrart hides in their file and toss out spells and removals.
Callonia

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:39 pm

I have to say that this is definitely one of the better balanced sets in a long time, so I say well done to the design team. I also saw a lot of interesting new cards and toys to play around with.

I am a bit concerned with the amount of overlap that's starting to appear within the spheres, and the lack of new mechanics though. But yea generally, as far as individual card design and balance goes, well done; probably one of the better sets we've seen in a long time (at least since I've been playing which has been since Set 6 or so).

Scientiafide

Postby cheongzewei » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:21 am

i feel rewarded for not spending

the more you do so, the more you'll be rewarded (laughs)

But yea, i learned my lesson with ex lap :P wait until the final day if you wish to buy ex. Things will settle, and nerfs will be dealt out.
While I love refress, to be honest, Jade bundle is an extremely strong card.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:23 am

Callonia wrote:Don't get all the butthurt about crest blitz swordwoman thingie, I gained 60 atk every turn on her, she just didn't get to attack or act, she just got removed during open and SS phases, haven't attacked even once with her yet. Allind blah blah. No point, if i was going to use her, It will be the close skill against the abusers.

Otherwise, pray that you get better matchups than I do.

Duchy of crest gets roflstomped even harder than solar kingdom because they're a field battler like solar kingdom while majority of people in folrart hides in their file and toss out spells and removals.

Shrug... as expected.

IMO Beltorat >= Random Gowen Rush > WK > Crest >= Solar.
Solar Lv4 and above is viable now, but poor lv 3 Crest, Solar and (once in a blue moon) WK still meh.

Now... I'm still waiting Gon and his crusade to show Blitz OP and the tester is crazy in approving the card design.
And hoping Rom will only touch Jade and/or Violet, if Buncle tribe seriously will get small nerf.
---
Nope, I totally don't imply Blitz is useless or something like that.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:37 am

I just don't think a level 3 unit should be able to get such high attack value. It's nothing that needs proving. Obviously it's going to be average in a lot of games, but it's also kind of retarded to have a level 3 unit be able to 1-shot most level 4 units in the game just by pressing attack. That just shouldn't be allowed in my opinion. Some people think otherwise I guess.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:47 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I just don't think a level 3 unit should be able to get such high attack value. It's nothing that needs proving. Obviously it's going to be average in a lot of games, but it's also kind of retarded to have a level 3 unit be able to 1-shot most level 4 units in the game just by pressing attack. That just shouldn't be allowed in my opinion. Some people think otherwise I guess.

Too late in saying that.
Totally nothing new or revolutionary with Blitz attack.
Something similar with it already added since Wizard Soldier of Regus, Magic Greatsword Soldier, Pixie Dual Wielder, Urgant, etc released.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:08 am

It is totally new. The pixy is 1 card, the wiz soldier requires a ton of grim counts, greatsword requires a ton of falkow levels. This dude easily gets over 100 attack just for playing a tribal file and staying alive for a turn or two.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion