Set 12 Design

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 Design

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:44 am

Just because they are the same card story wise doesn't mean design is obligated to reuse their older versions.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 am

What cards do you see the masses having problems with? and calling for Nerfs. Or did you get it spot on first time. :lol:
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 am

Ropey wrote:What cards do you see the masses having problems with? and calling for Nerfs. Or did you get it spot on first time. :lol:

At this point its too early to say. Personally, I think we did a decent job of making sure all the cards are usable but reasonable. I have my reservations about certain cards (weak or too strong) but we'll see. Statistics don't lie.
Romdeau

Postby CainHyde » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:03 am

Crest Blitz Swordswoman

I sort of remember she used to have ability to return Crest card back from cemetery.
Also why her start changed?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 am

CainHyde wrote:Crest Blitz Swordswoman

I sort of remember she used to have ability to return Crest card back from cemetery.
Also why her start changed?

What was her start again? And we got rid of the cem ability because we wanted to give dutchy a pseudo-free revive that you could open with.
Romdeau

Postby harvest4god » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 am

CainHyde wrote:
Kemious wrote:Yeah I'm the designated Refess guy. Though I'm sure if you ask some of the other testers I'm the one responsible for consistently trying to nerf Refess :lol: .. I jest. Yeah its probably because she's a brand new subtype that it got lost when she moved over and no one really thought much of it. If they're enough of her old subtype to be viable then we'll probably fix it.... probably... if we remember...

I'm going to remember this to remind you again once the other subtype released.
If someone do the set preview of course. XD

Anyway, yeah... I have bad feeling regarding Spirit Witch ability too. >.>

Also... is it only me or Guardian STILL the best early Solar Kingdom tank?
Or at least for Lv 4, 3, 2, and 1 Solar Kingdom tribe.
Well her or Blessed Armor Knight. But I don't have 3x Blessed Armor Knight so shrug.
Catira is good too, but she can kill like a cannon too and hurt friendly unit so not really a tank IMO.

Cause that's my impression after looking at the card list.
I already tried Lumira from set 11, but Guardian still look to be more reliable than her.
And the new Lv 4 Solar Kingdom card from set 12 still inferior as reliable tank.
---
Btw I find it funny that HP/Def of Lapierre decrease after her armor in the card art decreases. :lol:

Actually you should try the new Zagar. His attack stacks so if you can keep him healed his attack can get ridiculous quick.
harvest4god

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 am

Kemious wrote:
InfernityFan wrote:Pretty sure she has a second subtype, a rather new one too: 超力兵, though maybe it's different in A2. Also, I didn't know you are in the test team Kemious :D

Yeah I'm the designated Refess guy. Though I'm sure if you ask some of the other testers I'm the one responsible for consistently trying to nerf Refess :lol: .. I jest. Yeah its probably because she's a brand new subtype that it got lost when she moved over and no one really thought much of it. If they're enough of her old subtype to be viable then we'll probably fix it.... probably... if we remember...

Actually there are lots of units with type none which imo should get readjusted when you get a new card that supports a certain subtype or the flavor of the cards sort of suggest that sort of change in it to support other cards. Especially when you lack units of that subtype!

But the issue is you don't do changes upon new set release. Might reconsider?

~~~~~

Anyways this set does show effort put into and not some mindless skill and stat drop slap on a bunch of cards + make some too good intentionally and some too bad again intentionally. I think it is review worthy.

I only took a quick glance at the cards and didn't see them played much yet and also didn't consider too much their overall usage, but there is clearly some better thought put into this set unlike the previous ones!

What i can notice is that probably (not sure yet) all cards have a decent usage somewhere in some kind of situation. The only issue is that some of them are clearly long term usefully good and other are only short term decent which means they will be weaker and weaker as time passes.
Crest Samurai is one of them unless there will be more focus support in the future. Right now she has strength in specific situation, but as errata for older sets (maybe there is something OP everyone overlooked in this set too?) and new cards come along she will be rendered useless by powercreep.

I am suprised lawtia got good cards, i mean like all of them. @_@
No nightmare given form or six arms total **** ups this time. Just amazing! I honestly can't believe it!

Well this is just my impression at a first glance. I want to give a proper and in depth analysis and will make a dedicated review thread for all spheres, but i need to collect more data and see how units get along. No idea how long it will take.

~~~~~

As for eskatia i hope she or her combos won't get nerfed. I mean she is actually good. WTF?

Use with mad priest, urgant and other stuff (maybe even night wings?) and then drop all SP in sphere levels. :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:45 am

[Auto] United Sword (0 SP)
This unit gets AT+[number of [subtype: Duchy of Crest] cards in your File x 5].

[Action] Surviving Companions (1 SP)
[conditional use/AT 40 or less] Return three random [subtype: Duchy of Crest] cards from your Cemetery to the Card File.

Er... auto not start. Silly brain.

And we got rid of the cem ability because we wanted to give dutchy a pseudo-free revive that you could open with.

Pseudo-free revive?
What do you mean, did I miss something?
I don't understand how occasionally get 1 SP every time the card die = pseudo-free revive.
Or is there another card that combo with this card to make this card pseudo-free revive?
I know we have a Multi-sphere Crest card that can kill and revive friendly card, but that's not really free revive.

@harvest:
I hasn't tried that Zagar, but looking at his status (AGI and HP) and the standby-lock, I have feeling guardian still better as tank.
Tank that can't resting and might forced to move to second row?
Tank that killed in 1 or 2 hit by Big, or swarmed by horde of Pixie to death before do anything?
:<
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 am

CainHyde wrote:
And we got rid of the cem ability because we wanted to give dutchy a pseudo-free revive that you could open with.

Pseudo-free revive?
What do you mean, did I miss something?
I don't understand how occasionally get 1 SP every time the card die = pseudo-free revive.
Or is there another card that combo with this card to make this card pseudo-free revive?

pseudo is latin for false

Occasionally getting 1 SP when she dies is close enough to getting a free revive unless you want to let her die and thus get 1 free SP! Thus pseudo revive.
Amazing.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 am

Oh I see.
Well... I do remember saying I want non-chara low level free revive unit, but... I don't imagined it would be like this.
This way she is strictly for early-mid part of the game, since she don't have cemetery retrieval anymore and her attack would decreases a lot after your field ready.
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion