Set 12 Design

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 Design

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 am

She works very well with Afeemina, and both buffs are permanent. She is certainly not lacking, I'd say.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Khiruki » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Mmm. Eskatia is cute. Knight of Second Death is also cute. The Shock Trooper looks like Zack Fair. Which is awesome. Mirelia is cute. Ibert is a hobo though. :|

Girl Druid+Shock Trooper for craps and giggles.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Duchy of Crest, are you sure you got that one right? Whats the point in playing high HP stuff when units can easily do 100 plus damage? you never think to cap these things? Defense no longer helps as you are either hit by such a high attack that it negates it. Or HP hate comes along spoiling your day, and that's on top of all nasty SS's out there. Gowen could have done something that engages on open.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby DeeGee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Ropey wrote:Duchy of Crest, are you sure you got that one right? Whats the point in playing high HP stuff when units can easily do 100 plus damage? you never think to cap these things? Defense no longer helps as you are either hit by such a high attack that it negates it. Or HP hate comes along spoiling your day, and that's on top of all nasty SS's out there. Gowen could have done something that engages on open.

Seems about right. About time that Lawtia got an answer to Refess defense-spamming nonsense. That said, Ref now has uber agility+DF and hard hitters with buncles and SKs. Crest seems to be the only positive thing about set 12. Everything else just seems mediocre compared to set 10-11.
DeeGee

Postby Kemious » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 pm

CainHyde wrote:=
If someone do the set preview of course. XD

Anyway, yeah... I have bad feeling regarding Spirit Witch ability too. >.>

Also... is it only me or Guardian STILL the best early Solar Kingdom tank?
Or at least for Lv 4, 3, 2, and 1 Solar Kingdom tribe.
Well her or Blessed Armor Knight. But I don't have 3x Blessed Armor Knight so shrug.
Catira is good too, but she can kill like a cannon too and hurt friendly unit so not really a tank IMO.

Cause that's my impression after looking at the card list.
I already tried Lumira from set 11, but Guardian still look to be more reliable than her.
And the new Lv 4 Solar Kingdom card from set 12 still inferior as reliable tank.
---
Btw I find it funny that HP/Def of Lapierre decrease after her armor in the card art decreases. :lol:

Ultimately Guardian is going to be the go to tank for a level 4 tank for too many reasons. She has proved her relaibility for far too many sets and has a place in too many players hearts. Her mixture of attack and defensive stats for counter make her it the single most reliable counter in a situation. And she has really good stats over all. Any card that would replace her would have to be able to promise to do more consistent damage then her and honestly that might be asking a bit too much.

Thats not too say that the other ones are useless, Against Files that use things Units with Really high defenses Mammoth and the New guardian are going to be much better choices as is the Zagar. Rubens is also a better pure tank to Guardian. But because of Guardians reliability in terms of Out putting damage most of the time She's not gonna get replaced unless players start coming across defensive or attack lowering files.

CainHyde wrote:Oh I see.
Well... I do remember saying I want non-chara low level free revive unit, but... I don't imagined it would be like this.
This way she is strictly for early-mid part of the game, since she don't have cemetery retrieval anymore and her attack would decreases a lot after your field ready.

With her we kinda wanted to streamline her mechanics make it so there was no real confusion about her and her abilities. Hence the removal of her cemetery returning skill.

Ropey wrote:Duchy of Crest, are you sure you got that one right? Whats the point in playing high HP stuff when units can easily do 100 plus damage? you never think to cap these things? Defense no longer helps as you are either hit by such a high attack that it negates it. Or HP hate comes along spoiling your day, and that's on top of all nasty SS's out there. Gowen could have done something that engages on open.

While I do understand you concern Dutchy with dutchy over whelming brute force your also over lucking the fact that they they're lacking in tech cards. All they have is attack. Refess has engagers and revivers to help out. Gowen has damage out put and Falkow has agi , removals and field manipulation to assist em. So I wouldn't worry to much. I we feel that some cards start being toxic well do some minor modification to try to return balance
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:28 pm

While I do understand you concern Dutchy with dutchy over whelming brute force your also over lucking the fact that they they're lacking in tech cards. All they have is attack. Refess has engagers and revivers to help out. Gowen has damage out put and Falkow has agi , removals and field manipulation to assist em. So I wouldn't worry to much. I we feel that some cards start being toxic well do some minor modification to try to return balance

You said it it all, Gowen has damage output and that's it! If you want to play large Gowen files you have to multi sphere to make up for what they lack in other areas.

So say I want to play genshin, he is so slow that it only takes 3 low level units to take him out. Now it's more like one! Even with song for a hero it could just take two swipes to total him.

I just tried out the new dragon, the new grim helps, but he is a bit random, and like I say 100hp don't get you nowhere these days. Also agi 3 is slow in comparison to a lot of units out there.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I don't think you get his point. You play him, play burning air or drop roar, then iczer with him. He's a safe unit b/c he's ss immune.
Icyman2

Postby angelspawns » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:48 pm

First i like to thank you for opening this dialogue. Much apreciated. ;)

I was quite annoyed you took a Refess Lvl2 Sunbeam Cage and litteraly copy it on a Lvl2 Falkow unit. Sorcerer Acolyte makes me want to ask for a Lvl1 Refess with Tidalwave open next Set. But that's just my frustration. I understand it just fitted the Rng increase theme since it affects your Falkow units aswell...

Truth is Refess lvl3 rush really could've used old defensive Grim effects on Refess units. Something that helps the passive strategy 'Taking it in the face and stall while you build up a field' through the rough openphase. I know Kemious mentioned the frustration of fighting against a wall of HP. I understand that. But why am i not hearing about the bigger frustration of never getting a turn in at all? (constant removing, engaging, open/startphase killing, SP drain) We have Urgant, Dion, Gaiessoul, Overdose+Zuja etc. Hell, we have an Undead wall of never dying HP for many Sets. How are those strategies any less frustrating...

I hope you'll have a change of heart Kemious. I doubt your goal was to prevent a strategy like TGC HP snowball from seeing play. Sadly there's NOBODY left that plays it. Meanwhile far more frustrating strategies make a complete fool out of people even wanting to field units. In this light it should be ok to have a Sunbeam Cage or Atk-30 open here and there. It should be ok to predict damage and counter it with unit openskills besides that +10MHP Wisp. I'm one of those players that likes to predict and prevent and counterplay the opponent while building a field. Not mindlessly stack Atk on the field with abit of Def. (and **** Carbuncles, seriously)
Last edited by angelspawns on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:11 pm

angelspawns wrote:I was quite annoyed you took a Refess Lvl2 Sunbeam Cage and litteraly copy it on a Lvl2 Falkow unit. Sorcerer Acolyte makes me want to ask for a Lvl1 Refess with Tidalwave open next Set. But that's just my frustration. I understand it just fitted the Rng increase theme since it affects your Falkow units aswell...

Actually this part, as was a lot from this set, was directly taken from the japanese counterpart, as seen here.
Your mileage may vary on whether this makes it better or worse.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby angelspawns » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Wicked Priest JP version:
[Start] Yin Blessing (0 SP)
All friendly Refess and Lawtia units get HP+20.

[Action] Mutual Ceremony (1 SP)
Do [damage: AT] to one random enemy unit in range. One friendly unit gets HP+AT

Our version:
[Start] Two-Sided Blessing (0 SP)
All friendly units that are both Refess and Lawtia units are healed HP+20.

[Action] Ceremony (1 SP)
Do [damage: AT] to one random enemy unit in range. One friendly unit is healed HP+ this unit's AT.

[Close] Final Manipulation (0 SP)
Two friendly [subtype: True God Church] units are healed 10 HP, except this unit.

I was looking forward as TGC Priest player. Needless to say i'm not happy with the changes.
You took away the synergy in TGC. His Start heals nothing to the Tribe. She's become a missfit.
It's obvious you wanted to take away the synergy with Raste, but right now you might aswell remove the whole skill. Look up all the Lawt+Refess multicolor units. Nobody cares for it except Elgandi/Verlaat&Refess.

You also stopped it from healing Gilensa Atk raise.

I disagree with these changes, by the simple fact it doesnt do anything anymore for TGC to work better. It got stripped away from all his tasks it could perform, and is left as a plain 40Atk TGC Priest with a situational Close.
Why isn't the "Do [damage: AT] to one random enemy unit in range" taken away instead, and just leave the ActionSkill as is? Why did you narrow that StartSkill to healing what are maybe 3 or 4 units in the entire game? xD Adding a subtype like "All friendly Priest" hell, even "Friendly Martials" would make sense. There's some sort of file imaginable with it. But this is so specific, and so out of her subtype... why is it made so useless?...

This looks like a great effort to stop her from making an appearance in TGC. Please answer on what i feel is overkill and over-precautious nerfing. There's already nobody playing TGC as it is. :(
Last edited by angelspawns on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion