Auction House on the 2nd thought

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Auction House on the 2nd thought

Postby PrinzRipper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:46 am

Ive been thinking about the possible impact of auction house into the game..but one kinda bugs me..its the gran making process..Lets say i would make 10 alts and do the 300 gran starting quest.Then my main auction 4th copies of my cards for 300 gran; my alts buy them for 300 gran.My main account gets 3000 gran for those.I can repeat it to get many gran.This could lead to some terrible consequences.Though i dont know still whats the mechanics of this Auction House but just kinda seeing some possible errors here.My possible solution is that accounts must be premium to use auction house and remove the $5 premium service; this way people will not abuse above situation.One can get a premium for $10 dollars and newbies can use those gran converted to pinpoint cards they needed in the auction house.Problem is for free players though..
PrinzRipper

Re: Auction House on the 2nd thought

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:56 am

I've always considered alts to be unnecessary and open to abuse. I would like to see all alts outlawed. Problem is they have become so deep rooted and players would cry at the unfairness of losing an account they should never have been allowed to have in the first place. I have no idea how this can all be policed.

Some players must have at least 2 lots of set 11! Which will cause a flood on the market. Set 11 will be worth nothing when the auction starts.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby NitroDino » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 am

Simple solution, make it only available to Iczer of lvl 75 or higher. If someone still wants to grind up to 75 just to get some profit you could add a max and min value for how much cards can be sold. Maybe something like min is the recycle value of the card and max is 5x recycle value.
NitroDino

Postby PrinzRipper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:08 am

Thats not going to be newbie-friendly..We atleat should think about them..They could atleast make a decent file first.
PrinzRipper

Postby cheongzewei » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 am

lv 30... and premium seems to be the best bet, and premium unlocks the auction forever. still open to abuse, but still, there's some revenue now
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Nothing wrong with having alts.

I'd say best solution is for high auction purchases to be checked!
If i sell to my alt a bad 1 star for 400 gran then clearly it's wrong and something needs to be done about it.
BUT if i sell to my alt let's say a super strong card that boosts my alt's deck and the price is high then that is actually fair.

Your issue might be how much can i make my alt spend? Well it should be enough to allow my alt to buy the strong card. If highest bid is 500 gran for the card and my alt pays around 520 gran then it's fair and fine since i might want to build a deck on it and win games.

Also another problem isn't just alts. Let's say siblings play from same IP address / computers / etc. They will probably be identified as one single person although they are 2. I think siblings should still be able to trade amongst eachother indirectly through the auction house.

Also auction house is exploitable all around even without alts.

Few fixes would be:
- starting prices have certain upper and lower limits. Recycle value +1 gran should be the lower limit. 6 gran for 1 star, 11 gran for 2 stars, 31 gran for 3 stars, 151 gran for 4 stars, 301 gran for 5 stars.
There should be an upper limit for lower rarity cards. 25 gran for 1 star, 50 gran for 2 star, 150 gran for 3 star.
EX cards, special promotional cards a la miku, 4 stars and 5 stars really shouldn't have an upper limit. Their obtainability is so crucial to the game that the only solution is to closely monitor that part of the auction house all the time and every single such transaction.

Of course there should always be some sort of monitoring over the auction house because even without alts it's still abusable!
Basically anything above a certain gran value HAS TO BE CHECKED! 500 gran or more always check!
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Do we actually need three threads on this?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Well, that's what you get with no moderation. A minor price to pay for the Anarchy we currently enjoy here, and I for one would have it no other way. :D
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Shirozaki wrote:Do we actually need three threads on this?

No there isn't, and that's exactly what I was thinking.
Romdeau

Return to Alteil General Discussion