Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Kouseo wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I prefer a fixed price system, so I'm opposed to an auction house being implemented.

So just a shop with singles for sale?

Sounds like better value than ah
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Let's put it this way:

With the changes you've presented in the first post you basically exclude free players. If that's the case then you'll have mostly paying players and also forced cost on the game in which case i still don't see something that brings the prices more closer to other one time pay games.

Also this means that those that spent quite a bunch or huge amounts in the past suddenly have to pay even more to continue.

Your auction house excludes those that don't continue to constantly drop money into the game.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Will it exclude them? One question I have is if you sell something on the auction house, do you get gran or FM?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 pm

@Rom; Randomness keeps people spending over and over. It's also abit part of the excitement when you grinded enough FM together for a pack. (Alteil just has way to horrible rates on their packs!!!!!! Every CCG puts atleast 1 rare in it. FIX PLS WITH CONVERTING PACK COSTS)
But i don't see why the 2 can't mix. How about a list where every week 10 random rares out of the underdog list get put up for purchase?

@every1 else... Why do you want Gran when everything in the Shop gets an FM value? You want FM. A free player will want FM.
Once you get a good lvlup card you can't use, or pull a rare from the Shop, you sell it in auctionhouse and collect whatever currency that goes in there. Does it really matter if it's Gran/FM? It's collectable!! The free player won't be excluded from auctionhouse. You can sell a rare lvlup choice/shop pull of your own. I do want a ceiling of how high cards can go though.
Last edited by angelspawns on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm

It's pretty much how Urban Rivals works. There you either buy the currency or you buy the packs. It makes a lot more sense to buy packs cos the rares you get you can sell for far more than if you bought their currency.

Rather than nurfing cards they just put them out of circulation, so they become truly rare.

The only problem they have is with inflation. So you can now play a fruit machine by selling back cards to URs . They also give you free goes every time you log in. Achievements also gives you free goes.

Inflation is something you really should think about early.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Yeah, that's why i said i wanted a ceiling. I want that Bringer to still be affordable for free players, beit at the max prize people could ask. ;/
Something around double their recycle value.
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:51 am

angelspawns wrote:@every1 else... Why do you want Gran when everything in the Shop gets an FM value? You want FM. A free player will want FM.
Once you get a good lvlup card you can't use, or pull a rare from the Shop, you sell it in auctionhouse and collect whatever currency that goes in there. Does it really matter if it's Gran/FM? It's collectable!! The free player won't be excluded from auctionhouse. You can sell a rare lvlup choice/shop pull of your own. I do want a ceiling of how high cards can go though.

Because, if Icy(glare)'s question (And I believe it does) is answered with "FM" then it basically ostracizes free players (who only receive FM for any transaction) from purchasing anything from the auction house, making it effectively useless.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:55 am

Buying packs/boxes/lotto = useless?
Give me your useless fm plox.
Icyman2

Postby CainHyde » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 am

(Ignoring everyone post so I won't get poisoned, so sorry if it's already pointed out)

- The old FM rewards would be killed and the gran rewards would be replaced with FM rewards : Ok, no problem. But why don't use a new name for the currency?
So if one of the old player that quit decided to back, he won't GG and rage quit since he saw he have no gran remains mysteriously.
- Gran would only be able to obtained via USD (and can be easily converted to FM): So if I'm not mistaken, new gran is basically equal to gamepot currency. And new FM equal to our old Gran. If so, no problem too.
- Old fight money would be converted to point cards (rounded up) : Good, this would help us save our mouse left click. So thanks...

Suggestion:
1. If later the majority agree, before you implement this change, can you show how you will change the recycle value of PC and our card too?
I think this might be a good (and rare) chance if you want to decrease our recycle value, so you can decrease the card pack and box price in shop.

2. Change how the point card works too. So we can pinpoint card that we want easier.

3. Return Weekly card and maybe make it work automatically. Ask Logress if you don't know about it.

4. Please consider to try selling a complete box set. Perhaps you can try it with set 1 and 2 as a trial. Pretend it was a starter box or something. Or maybe selling a complete box but with no recycle value. If you sell it split in each sphere, it would be better.

Question:
1. Do we bid a card in Auction house with new gran or new FM? Or some is gran only and the rest is FM?
2. Do all/most of shop item will be available to purchase with new FM?
2. If auction is gran only, what is your plan with people that already bought gran in the past? In other word, low-high spender that already support the game.

Regards...

Hyde
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby NitroDino » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 am

If you allow free players to earn gran in some form like let's say keep mirage master gran and award gran during events/tournaments then that idea could work.
NitroDino

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion