Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby Anima13 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 am

I see how this model wants to protect from abuse. I am a bit saddened that it is not open for free players, but if the prices are reasonable, it could open an intrestring option to increasemy cardpool.
But be aware if you exlude free players completly from the AHs buyers, the market will be on long term a mere function of cashpower and paying/free player rate, something you dont have many infuence on curretnly.

Eg if the game has a few spenders and a huge free player base (like it seems to be now) the demand in game could be staurated very fast rendering the auction hause completly useless for the seller (noone buys cards). In extreme case this could drop the prices soo much that you start to loose huge amounts of money through AH . You will also not be able to prevent players creating hundreds of ghost accounts just to make them lotto that fm they get and sell those cards to the rich accounts.

Also note: whith the current modell you proposed you introduce a huge differentiation between the paying and non paying players. Its understandable for the AH somewhat but if you start to release gran excusive cards, dont wonder over rage in the community.
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 am

Taking the little rewarded gran away makes the game worse not better.

The suggested model for AH means forced spending even for those that spent tons already.
If this games goes into paying players only mode, such as in the starting post suggested then I want it at the same cost as other 1 time pay games (60 $ total) and even then the community size will shrink or stay low.

This is a horrible bargain. It makes the game worse than it is.
Better ignore the AH if that's the only way we are getting it.

It would be good if you rather sell singles.
Or if people can trade same rarity cards.

Also your version of AH will allow abuse and mess up paying players.
2 paying players keep exchanging cards at huge cost until someone will buy the huge cost card at an even higher price. At the same time they buy all the good stuff as low as possible and resell at huge cost.

To avoid that we need a lot of participants in the AH to keep prices reasonable or we maintain the same overcosted system while excluding free and even those that pay a little players.
To get more participants, free gran needs to stay and free players need equal access to AH as anyone else.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:52 am

Icyman2 wrote:Buying packs/boxes/lotto = useless?
Give me your useless fm plox.

Because the objective of the auction house is better card availability, not accumulating a free currency to purchase horribly rated packs.

NitroDino wrote:If you allow free players to earn gran in some form like let's say keep mirage master gran and award gran during events/tournaments then that idea could work.

No, Mirage Master will give out FM. Gran will be cash-only.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby hexagram » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:05 am

if mirage master only gives fm it needs to give a lot more as 5-15fm a day is basically nothing in today environment

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Romdeau wrote:I prefer a fixed price system, so I'm opposed to an auction house being implemented.

^
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:28 am

WhiteDragon2 wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I prefer a fixed price system, so I'm opposed to an auction house being implemented.

^

That is a valid option too and it is by far far far better than what's suggested in the original post!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby tropireno » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 am

As long as free players are able to get a decent and fair income, I'll be ok with this. Don't make me grind 20 hours just to have enough FM to buy a 1star. And don't take the current income rate and replace it with something worse.
tropireno

Postby Muklas » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Looking forward to this game going under within the next year.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Increase the value of FM and decrease the value of gran to the point where you can remove that 300 gran for each account?

Or track the purchases made through the AH and tell those ghost account buyers to cut it out.

Some people have as much as 4 accounts because starter files is too expensive for 1k gran something. So people rather make 4 account and get the free starter file to try out all spheres.

Add an 10% or 15% cut for the shelfing fee this gran you will never get back for example you post a card up for 300 gran, it costs you 30 gran or 30 FM a day or something to keep it up. or make it cost FM.

Auctioneers need food too you know.

Atm, Gran is only way to get new content.
FM is only valuable for point cards. And the occasional avatar item for when the iczer finally tire of their vanilla avatar.
Some people still have vanilla avatars for years and years after they join because they see that point cards is very expensive and custsomizing their avatar does nothing for them so they never customize avatar.
Callonia

Postby tetron » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm

On the note on avatar costumes, can we make like a special stat on the costumes so that it's more appealing for the player base to buy them?

For example: the chaos lady avatar has a (insert number percentile) chance to start a treasure battle
The Dagon avatar gives ( insert number percentage) of extra FM when you win or lose a fight

So something like that. Nothing too game breaking and that it benefits both Alyson and playerbase.
tetron

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion