Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby ZeroX1999 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm

I think we have to see the auction house at work for us to truly criticize it.

I believe that it is a step in the right direction. That 300G for free from achievements can be abused. And the loop that MysterMan pointed out is very possible. I don't think this would inhibit the free players at all and give them a chance to sell a 5* that they have, but don't want into a market that wants it. I am very doubtful of any listing fee, so they will be able to put up cards for sale to get FM(?) to buy a pack that they want or even to buy another 5* that they are missing.

A fixed price system sounds very nice, but takes away the randomness that is Alteil away. I very much doubt the Japanese who oversee this game will allow the Americans to put a price tag and every card. I honestly also think that the point card will work the same as before, but have no idea how much it will cost to get one now. If the point cards can be bought from gran... then basically you got your fixed price. If you buy X amount of point cards to reach 60 point cards then you get a 5*. Lets say a point card is 25 gran, you need 60 point cards so 1500gran to pin point a 5*. That means that all 5* will be worth $15 American dollars.

We will have to see how they change some of these things and hope for the best. I also hope that they will implement this sometime soon because D3 is a flop because it promised PVP and there still isn't any. Failed promises really hurts a business in America. The Japanese might be able to take it, but not Americans.
ZeroX1999

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:17 pm

Either way this is forcing people to spend. Many free players are free because they searched for a free game, not a pay to play game.

Also some of us had enough of paying more on this game. Simply because we did spend enough. Why force us to spend more?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Either way this is forcing people to spend. Many free players are free because they searched for a free game, not a pay to play game.

Also some of us had enough of paying more on this game. Simply because we did spend enough. Why force us to spend more?

Until we get an answer on how pt cards gets affected, this does not negatively affect free players at all.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby ZeroX1999 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Icyglare wrote:Until we get an answer on how pt cards gets affected, this does not negatively affect free players at all.

Because they will still have the same things. They are unaffected by this update negatively.
ZeroX1999

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Icyglare wrote:Until we get an answer on how pt cards gets affected, this does not negatively affect free players at all.

You get locked out of the game if you don't spend, thus it is negative.

Not only free players are affected negatively but also those that stopped spending.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:27 pm

I'd rather have the option to be able to buy the specific cards I want from the game. With an auction house, I feel like a lot of time would be wasted for me to find the specific cards I want, not to mention you wont exactly be able to guarantee a good price for said cards. I feel like it would make acquiring cards take longer than it should, as well as over-complicating something that should be simple.

Scientiafide

Postby harvest4god » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 pm

I feel the most effective way to approach the AH would be to have it cost FM to post cards, but bidding is done in Gran. Once auction over, Alteil takes a cut of total gran won before it is given to seller of the card. Would allow free players to get in but only after they have bought gran or sold a card which would require someone else to buy gran first. Then by taking a small cut, gran will still deplinish for players making more gran have to be bought by users in the long run.
harvest4god

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 pm

That "has to be bought" is the issue.

Anyway i agree with this a lot:
Scientiafide wrote:I'd rather have the option to be able to buy the specific cards I want from the game. With an auction house, I feel like a lot of time would be wasted for me to find the specific cards I want, not to mention you wont exactly be able to guarantee a good price for said cards. I feel like it would make acquiring cards take longer than it should, as well as over-complicating something that should be simple.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Strange, offer capitalism in a game and you all want communism? Life is not fair and neither are games that you are to tight to pay for. Get used to it. or get a job.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby gadu » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48 pm

How many cards are in Alteil? Approximately 900?

Of these, wouldn't it be fair to say that about 15% are viable for use in the current environment?

One of the reasons why people are unhappy with the CPC is because it is predominantly random and stupendously overpriced. People spend a ton of money and 85% of what they are getting will not help them make a file that will permit them to have an enjoyable time when facing The Slayers currently in Folrart.

Some people are going gaga over AH because it might allow them to pinpoint the select few cards that are actually playable, which is certainly a lot better than paying a fortune and still having a tiny probability of getting a playable card, much less a desired card.

A long term aim should be to do erratas that rebalance all the cards so there is at least some merit to the 85% of inferior cards collecting dust in our card pools. I think more people would have been happier with their purchases this whole time if their money actually got them more usable cards. Alas, no erratas are even being considered right now. How stupid can you get?

I am completely unhappy that all our FM will be converted to PC because the exchange rate for PC is TERRIBLE. I'm one of the FM horders who spent a lot of time playing this game so that one day I might be able to use my FM on something that would make me happy, and now the plan is to take all that FM away for the PC equivalent of 1 one star card.

I cannot express just how much this pisses me off. I've heard people time and again talk about other games that give you serious rewards simply for playing their game. Collecting the amount of FM that I have took years and the PC exchange value of that time spent is equal to just 1 **** one star rarity card. **** you Alteil.

Do you think that constantly making your customers rage is a recipe for success? When I look at the players who still play, they are almost exclusively all the old timers who plopped a truckload of cash into the game, and just like putting the wedding ring on the wrong person, are now stuck here in this dungeon of broken dreams forever. The "fresh blood" bachelors never came and as Fargone has mentioned numerous times neither has the change, so the dreadful marriage continues to destroy people's souls.

It's true that business as usual will lead to history repeating itself.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion