Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby fargone » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Though my understanding is limited, I would have thought the player receiving in-game currency on sales might circumvent the trading issue as the buyer is paying for a service while the seller is simply keeping his in-game cash flowing while seeking better/different card options.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby asxlen64 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:58 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
asxlen64 wrote:yeah i dont understand quite what you mean by changing the currency. Most online sites have usually 2 forms, one you get alot that really dont do much, and the second you have to PAY to earn, (or rarely you can get small amounts by working for it) but used to get the majority of things. changing that wont help much. AS for the auction house, i hope you not suggesting that the players put up cards they have, to get fm/gran cause thats considered trading of sorts, something im quite sure thats going to lead to more LEGAL trouble than its worth.

This was a legitimate concern. We ran this by legal (we use one of the bigshot international law firms) and got the thumbs up. Even with that, we'll run it by legal a second time before we go live.

We are helped out by the fact major game companies like Blizzard that have bankrolls to impose their will on the legal system.

ok legal out of the question, guess next problem lies in the MORAL region. do you really think players should be able to profit over this feature, cause its not an IF it is a they will.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Asxlen: Wait Moral??? I don't see any moral implications for profiting from the auction house.

Gadu: Wouldn't have been better if you were able to get that 1* you wanted through the auction house instead of spending 10PC?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 am

Sure Icy, I already said AH is much preferable over what we have now even though the technical details have not been evaluated. I'm also unhappy about the 10 PC thing too. I also think they should fix the fact that 85% of the goods they are selling are undesirable. If you open a store and sell predominantly junk, that is bad for business. All AH does is circumvent getting the junk and just getting what is good. It doesn't fix a major problem with the game.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 am

Well, I'm a bit different about the 85% thing. There are some cards that I am not willing to spend Point Cards on but I will be willing to buy them from the auction house if it's affordable.

Cards I want but won't PC
Estoma, DeathDragoon Langbart, Ruuca, LV6 Dical, Garfath, Yug, Complete Noze

I know there's a load of 1*, 2* cards that I would like also.

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:52 am

I have two of that L6 Dical Icyglare and I can hook you up if this AH thing ever pans out. I'm not that good at using him. I always get down to the opponent's last LP but can't finish the job. :(
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 am

To sum it up, Capitalism, ho!
Callonia

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:28 am

Callonia wrote:To sum it up
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby asxlen64 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:30 am

Icyglare wrote:Asxlen: Wait Moral??? I don't see any moral implications for profiting from the auction house.

RIGHT ICY, and those players who was punished for using the pc bug for gain didnt really do anything wrong. its apart of the terms and service saying you cant profit from stuff like that, so if AH does come out how is any different. honestly i dont care anymore.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Icyglare » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 am

asxlen64 wrote:
RIGHT ICY, and those players who was punished for using the pc bug for gain didnt really do anything wrong. its apart of the terms and service saying you cant profit from stuff like that, so if AH does come out how is any different. honestly i dont care anymore.

You are not allowed to profit from a bug, but you are allowed to profit from whatever you are allowed to do. Kinda like a 10g pull gets a 5*, when recycled it's a 290g profit. (I know the odds are against you but it's an example)

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion