Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:43 am

fargone wrote:Though my understanding is limited, I would have thought the player receiving in-game currency on sales might circumvent the trading issue as the buyer is paying for a service while the seller is simply keeping his in-game cash flowing while seeking better/different card options.

Well basically imagine few people who spend a 500$ or so and then buy and sell cards in such a way that the AH prices will be just as bad as the alteil prices.

Which means you only get to choose who exploits the most out of your gran, alteil or the AH abusers.
It's just an overcomplicated way of a targeted purchase, which would be expensive anyway.

And this is why i want to at least see more participants in the AH, thus allow free players to be a part of it and counter measures to exploits.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Oh btw, here's an idea and i would like to hear the admin's, goblin's or whoever is in charge's opinion on this.

In the game kings & legends there's an auction house ever since launch.
Anyone can place a card in the auctionhouse and sell it, BUT nobody can buy a card unless they are at least level 35 or they got VIP status (not sure how much it costs since i haven't yet decided if i want to stay in that game for a long time).

So what if you do the same in alteil's auction house?
As i said you have to prevent exploit of the auction house by allowing more participation. So maybe it's good to allow everyone to place their cards on the auction house (you can have a minimum cost on the cards that is equal or higher to the recycle value).
BUT perhaps have the minimum level required to buy something on the auction house at level 50 or even 100.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby methebest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Oh btw, here's an idea and i would like to hear the admin's, goblin's or whoever is in charge's opinion on this.

In the game kings & legends there's an auction house ever since launch.
Anyone can place a card in the auctionhouse and sell it, BUT nobody can buy a card unless they are at least level 35 or they got VIP status (not sure how much it costs since i haven't yet decided if i want to stay in that game for a long time).

So what if you do the same in alteil's auction house?
As i said you have to prevent exploit of the auction house by allowing more participation. So maybe it's good to allow everyone to place their cards on the auction house (you can have a minimum cost on the cards that is equal or higher to the recycle value).
BUT perhaps have the minimum level required to buy something on the auction house at level 50 or even 100.

only issiue is the new players who could benifit from buying stuff so i'd go 50 rather than 100
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby gadu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 am

There are 8 pages of public opinion. What are you guys going to do at this point?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Ropey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 am

Some of the opinion is from contributors who either did not read the opening post or did not understand it. Then a lot of scaremongering by free players who seem to think they are owed the same as paying! I'm sorry and understand the value of free players, but I think the auction house will benefit all. If players do not buy or can't afford the prices then the value of cards will fall. I'm a little shocked that Ateil seems to be kept afloat by a few big spenders, and new ideas harangued by those not willing or unable to spend.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 am

Still waiting for an opinion from mysteryman, logress or other staff about my post above.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Goryus » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm

An auction house is OK, and would certainly make the game more accessible (by allowing some cards to be targeted for purchasing, you reduce the amount of money needed to make a functional deck).

However, I think there are still some issues with this. For one thing, implementing the auction house will cause revenue collection for the game to decrease. This is because the only way new cards are introduced into the system is by players purchasing boosters, but they have less incentive to do that if they can acquire them in other ways. Even if auction house currency must be purchased directly, it won't make up the difference between the two models. So while long term this is an accessibility win, short and middle term it is likely to hurt quite a bit. This is similar to what's happened with many other "accessibility" promotions that have been run for this game.

Fundamentally, I think you're trying to solve the wrong problem here. What Alteil needs isn't necessarily a cheaper system that reduces the cost of entry, it's a fairer system that makes people feel rewarded for spending money and encourages them to continue doing so, while rewarding them with meaningful progression as they continue to play.
Goryus

Postby Ropey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm

I can't see 1 and maybe 2 star cards being worth selling. The market will be swamped with them. This will be good for beginners. Also the above post rings true in that players will use what ever means, pt cards or FM. To buy cards that do well on the market then sell them on said market. With profit they can then buy 3 stars etc. Unless Alteil takes a big enough share of the auction sale it will lose out. Which is another thing MM has yet to answer. This thread has become bloated and rambling. MM needs to collate the info here, give us some answers, then start a new thread.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby DDrgn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:09 pm

(Yeah, too lazy to go through more than the first page; Sorry!)

Could you guys make a flash demo or something for how this would work? Like the demo button on the... well there was a demo on the homepage before. :p

I guess I'd be okay with being able to buy something useful with FM, but I don't really know if this might be a good idea, solely because "re-working the system" sounds like that might be a very, very, very long time.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby randomguy00 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Don't know if someone answered this, but when (if) FM is converted to pt cards, what exactly is the ratio going to be?
If I have less than 2500 FM (the shop value of a point card), I'll get a fraction of a point card?
randomguy00

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion