What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 am

Kouseo wrote:My problem is...he's a 5* >_>

Rarity is not supposed to correlate with power level in this game. Of course this is not reality, but it would be a poor ideology to hold for a designer.

Or is this a complaint about how hard it is to obtain, which is not related to the topic at hand?
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 pm

What do you guys think is the better approach? Data or popular opinion? I'm curious to hear thoughts...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Couldn't you take a bit of both?

Keeping the costumer happy no matter how annoying they are, is good business sense.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Well goscar that is usually what happens. So you should have no complaints!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Nah I'll keep complaining so long as 60+% of cards are under powered.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm

I think you have unrealistic goals. Most other card games have more than 60% underpowered stuff.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Alteil has more than 60% underpowered stuff, in fact.

Setting that aside, there's no good fix I can think of. First off, how does one decide what is underpowered? Like, I can look at a bunch of cards and go "this card is kinda crap", and okay, we could buff those. That'd be like, I don't know, 20% of our cards at most?

So is it just cards that aren't used? That's just not meta-worthy. The funny thing about that is that whatever the hell you do, you will not expand the number of meta-worthy cards past a certain number. There's just no place for them in the meta. If you buff a non-meta card to be meta, you just push something else out of that circle. This had been seen in both MtG and LoL for example.

So yeah. Things could be improved and should be improved just don't sit there and expect that there's some miracle fix, because there isn't. The only way to actually make, say, 80% of the cards good is to remove all the sets except 1 and 2 and rework everything in there.
LoneKnight

Postby Icyglare » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:04 pm

That's true, about 50% of the cards here are used less than average, can you fix that? :D
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Problem is if you go by set 1 standards you run out of design space super fast. Like if you're going to have 200, 300, 400+ cards in the game you simply cannot maintain set 1 power level for cards. Cards start overlapping and just get all around boring. To some extent I think power creep is a necessity. Especially with how Alteil is with most of the cards in the game existing for rush files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Problem is if you go by set 1 standards you run out of design space super fast. Like if you're going to have 200, 300, 400+ cards in the game you simply cannot maintain set 1 power level for cards. Cards start overlapping and just get all around boring. To some extent I think power creep is a necessity. Especially with how Alteil is with most of the cards in the game existing for rush files.

Seems like Falkow and Lawtia could arguably have one of the most powerful cards in the game because they've still slinging returns and shades like there's no tomorrow. Salamanders too i guess. Slyphs/undines as well.

And Wisp was finally unnerfed very recently. Because for very longest of the time, only wisp was a viable counter to sakura and that was it anything else it cannot save because damage output was too great and heal was too little.

Oh and elgandi god thingie, he's just there on field to look cool and make enemy look bad. That's basically it, enjoy. have fun. He's like that because he's busy bailing Alteil to escape to other universe thingie where he will attempt to be an god as well.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion